Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Credit Reports stuff
Techsans.net - Texas Tech Forums and Message Board > General > Off-Topic
Psykopath
So I did my free credit report through annualcreditreport.com, but it doesn't give me an actual credit score, just a credit summary (which looks good, all accounts in good standing & never late).

Where's the best place to get a credit score number? How much will it cost?

....me needs to get a new car (i.e.-financing), hence why I ask. smile.gif
Spectatrix
If you want all three, get FICO Credit Complete from http://www.myfico.com. It's about 50 bucks.

Ignore Experians's "Plus Score" and other such garbage. The only thing that really matters is FICO.
impala454
It's a great time to buy a car for sure
cmac
no kidding! they're practically giving them away.
i got 10 grand off my 4runner
impala454
A guy I work with got a spankin new loaded Trailblazer for like 16 out the door
Psykopath
QUOTE (impala454 @ Feb 5 2009, 08:31 PM) *
It's a great time to buy a car for sure

Here are a few I'm looking at right now:

http://www.frontierdodge.com/profile.asp?V...=&distance=

I really need a new(er) car. My current Jeep is the zombie of vehicles...lol.
Spectatrix
QUOTE (Watchman @ Feb 5 2009, 08:27 PM) *

That's bullshit. I give 'em a month before it's shot down as illegal.
impala454
QUOTE (Psykopath @ Feb 6 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Here are a few I'm looking at right now:

I really need a new(er) car. My current Jeep is the zombie of vehicles...lol.

looks cool, though make sure you hammer those prices down. all of those are out of sight.
Mommy
Frontier Dodge doesn't have very good customer service, but I guess there aren't very many other options when you are looking for something specific.
Oasis
Speaking of credit reports, can my landlord turn me in if I decide to randomly move out? I have no lease, no deposit, nothing. I'm sick of him, he's a fucking idiot
Psykopath
QUOTE (impala454 @ Feb 6 2009, 02:44 PM) *
looks cool, though make sure you hammer those prices down. all of those are out of sight.

What would you consider a good offer price for that Nissan Frontier or that lifted Jeep?

Frontier Dodge doesn't have very good customer service, but I guess there aren't very many other options when you are looking for something specific.

Yeah, I've heard this as well. But I'll have no qualms being a dick right back to them if need be. innocent.gif
impala454
Those prices would have looked ok about six months ago, but not now. I'd slash about 20-25% off each of those prices to get to what they should be going for right now. If it's your first vehicle you're financing though they might be hard asses on the price. I'm not really sure on exact pricing (esp for the lifted Jeep, not sure what all was done to it), but I do know that full sized V8 pickups with mid-level packages are going for $17-18 (makes me cry that I paid about 23 for mine back in 06). I couldn't imagine paying $20+ for a V6 small pickup.
Oasis
Zack, buy my Scout. Please
Psykopath
QUOTE (impala454 @ Feb 6 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Those prices would have looked ok about six months ago, but not now. I'd slash about 20-25% off each of those prices to get to what they should be going for right now. If it's your first vehicle you're financing though they might be hard asses on the price. I'm not really sure on exact pricing (esp for the lifted Jeep, not sure what all was done to it), but I do know that full sized V8 pickups with mid-level packages are going for $17-18 (makes me cry that I paid about 23 for mine back in 06). I couldn't imagine paying $20+ for a V6 small pickup.

Yeah, I'm going to make that perfectly clear to whatever salesman I speak with.

...and yeah, first time financing.
Psykopath
QUOTE (Oasis @ Feb 6 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Zack, buy my Scout. Please

lol
nah
innocent.gif
RitalinJunkie
QUOTE (Psykopath @ Feb 6 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Yeah, I'm going to make that perfectly clear to whatever salesman I speak with.

...and yeah, first time financing.

i was actually able to get no down-payment cause i was a recent college graduate...see if they have something like that that would apply to you,...

then i traded in my old taurus in and gave that to them
Psykopath
QUOTE (RitalinJunkie @ Feb 6 2009, 05:41 PM) *
i was actually able to get no down-payment cause i was a recent college graduate...see if they have something like that that would apply to you,...

ooo nice
impala454
With vehicle financing, it's always better to pay a down payment. The amount doesn't really matter, just the fact that you're paying one. $500 is plenty. If you can afford to, more is better, but $500 is way better than $0.
Psykopath
QUOTE (impala454 @ Feb 6 2009, 06:08 PM) *
With vehicle financing, it's always better to pay a down payment. The amount doesn't really matter, just the fact that you're paying one. $500 is plenty. If you can afford to, more is better, but $500 is way better than $0.

Yeah, $500 is what I'm probably going to put down no matter what vehicle I end up getting. (at least that's what I've been planning for)

Yay for income tax return plus paycheck on the 25th.
Psykopath
What sort of interest rates should I expect for, say, a 60 month term?

Sorry about all the questions...just bored/curious. =)
woody
QUOTE (impala454 @ Feb 5 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Dizzzamn... chick reminds me of Jennifer Love Hewitt a few years ago... not all that keen on tramp stamps though.

Looks great thumsbup.gif They took just the right amount.

QUOTE (Psykopath @ Feb 6 2009, 06:11 PM) *
What sort of interest rates should I expect for, say, a 60 month term?

Sorry about all the questions...just bored/curious. =)

depends, how good is your credit?
Psykopath
Should be pretty good.

Only have two student loans, both in good standing. Never missed/been late on any payments, for those or anything else (like cell phone and such).
impala454
Any time you need to know the current rates, just go to bankrate.com. There's a blue tabbed box that has all the current rates you'll need. 7.07% for a 60 month auto right now... pretty good considering it was like 8.5 six months ago or so.
Spectatrix
My car rate was 9.1%. But I had like zilch credit... laugh.gif
woody
i got a used truck(07 silverado) in July @ 5.9%
moebary
i got a new (2008) truck in Dec 07 and my rate was 5.3% (4 years)
Epic
i got a pt cruiser september 2007 for 6.5%

i've built up my credit card balance up to 14,000 right now, and my interest rate on it will be around 5.5 the next time that i ask for a rate decrease. So hopefully I can finance myself on my next car purchase.
impala454
you have a balance or a limit at $14,000?
Epic
available balance.

so i guess limit was the correct word.

leave me alone i'm sick haha.
impala454
I wasn't really correcting so much as curious wink.gif
Epic
yeah, i know, always looking out for me.

if i had 14,000 in credit card debt that wasn't a car purchase i would probably freak out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.