> the prelude to my novel
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 28 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #1

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 50

so, i am officially working on a novel. it won't have a main character. it won't have just one story. this is one of the characters i plan to weave into the lives of a couple of the other characters. i know that asking the opnion of anyone on techsans is just BEGGING for my ego-bubble to be burst, but meh. screw you guys. heh

The headaches came back. The radar that had kept us alive during our months long battle. Every city was the same. Covered with the vile wretches. Shambling mounds of decaying human flesh. Nothing they did was natural; not their walking, not their swaying, not their screams. They would all pay for what they did to us.

Every stop was the same: find the gas station and siphon what I could into the tank. I grabbed the food, drinks, medicine, and household chemicals that I needed at each stop as well. They had their purpose: the food and drink to nourish my body and the medicine to make the headaches subside, but they never truly went away until I made use of the other items I always grabbed...

I burned everything.

The whole town danced in flames and I sat and watched it until the ballet was over. Once the actors slept, the headaches stopped. Only then could I continue on my way. Later down the road, the plays turned into comedies, but the first few were the hardest to watch. Tragedies are like that. The hero loses all he loves and retribution becomes the idea that pushes him forward. Disney never made it out to be what it was. They never got to the point where they did anything about it. I did. I burned along with the towns I doused in napalm.

I had to avoid the highways, otherwise, my head would have expressed its displeasure. Canada wasn't too far away from Toledo and it was a straight shot there... almost. As soon as I entered the city, there it was. My head was telling me how much it didn't like being there.

"SHUT UP, YOU!" I couldn't help but talk to myself sometimes. It was the only form of comedy I really had left. It had become such a joke to me about ACTING crazy that sometime I actually WAS crazy. "But, if you you know you're crazy, you can't be," I told myself, ironically.

The road stretched on and I popped a few more extra strength Tylenol. I could feel it attempting to become a black hole now. I passed the loop and was nearing the middle of the city, going over I-90.

That's when I knew I was in trouble. My eyes rolled into the back of my head as I veered into the opposite lane and went over the side...

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Jun 29 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

I like it a lot, actually. It's well-written and quite descriptive despite being short. (Zombies FTW, btw... laugh.gif)

--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 29 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #3

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 50

thanks. yea, thats a small part of it from further on, i have about 20 pages written, most of that is just detailing a bit about the first characters personality. this is prolly the 3rd or 4th character i think, but the order may be switched after i have them written to improve the flow.

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2018 - 03:51 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com