4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FAQ: Best Places to Eat Off Campus
cmac
post Jul 24 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #31

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 31

no this is just north of 82nd street on the east side of university across from sonic. a reasonably new place when i left in 07.

--------------------
Don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 24 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (The Fanatic @ Jul 24 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Taco Bueno... best mexican fast food hands down. Started in Abilene and now it's a pretty nice chain in the south.

lol I dunno about "best mexican food hands down" but it does kick ass. it takes the taco bell concept to the chick fil a level smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jul 24 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #33

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (cmac @ Jul 24 2009, 01:39 PM) *
no this is just north of 82nd street on the east side of university across from sonic. a reasonably new place when i left in 07.
I can't remember the name of that place either, but it was awesome. There was a place in that area also that had salsa dancing most evenings. I think it was across the street from that restaurant. I think that restaurant's name had the word Margarita in it, but I could be wrong.

Also, for a good chain restaurant, I always liked Cheddar's in Lubbock. Great place to eat good food at a cheap price. Plus, their happy hour had good prices on margaritas. M'm I had some good times there. Heh, the one in Austin had this waiter who I think had a crush on me or something... he would give me free drinks all the time. It ruled. He was black and way older than me though.

+Quote Post
jonathan83
post Jul 24 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 24 2009, 03:05 PM) *
lol I dunno about "best mexican food hands down" but it does kick ass. it takes the taco bell concept to the chick fil a level smile.gif

haha yeah i wouldn't say best mexican food, since it's really more of an americanized mexican food, like tex mex or something..but it's definitely awesome. yay abilene.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Jul 24 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #35

Live like a warrior.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 4

Damn I could go for a Steinwich and some red-curry soup right now. :'(
Damn them for closing down!

And yes I still work for Housing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blaarg
post Jul 25 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,015

QUOTE (cmac @ Jul 24 2009, 02:39 PM) *

Cancun is the name of the place you are thinking of.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Jul 25 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #37

Do they ignore parts of reality?

Member No.: 46

The key word was FAST food

--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 25 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #38

oh yeah i missed that word. i can agree w/that for sure.

+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Jul 25 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (blaarg @ Jul 25 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Cancun is the name of the place you are thinking of.

I've seen it. Is it any good?

--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick

+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Jul 26 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #40

Another fast food mexican restaurant from Abilene is coming to Lubbock. It's called Alfredo's. It's on the corner ofr 4th and University in the old burger king building.

--------------------

-Philip K. Dick

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jul 26 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #41

QUOTE (The Fanatic @ Jul 26 2009, 10:46 AM) *
Another fast food mexican restaurant from Abilene is coming to Lubbock. It's called Alfredo's. It's on the corner ofr 4th and University in the old burger king building.
Whoah... that Burger King closed down?

+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Jul 26 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Mommy @ Jul 26 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Whoah... that Burger King closed down?

It moved to 4th and Q next to Taco Bell and wal mart

--------------------

-Philip K. Dick

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jul 26 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (The Fanatic @ Jul 26 2009, 02:12 PM) *
It moved to 4th and Q next to Taco Bell and wal mart

Oh... I don't ever think I saw the new Walmart there. Last time I was there was the summer of 2007, and I stayed 2 months. I think it was open then. I just didn't see it for some reason. Kinda in a ghetto area if I recall. Maybe that was part of the revamp zone though. I mean, it just seems the closer you get to MLK, the worse it is.

+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Jul 26 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #44

I dont really consider that area very ghetto. It's all commercial property.

--------------------

-Philip K. Dick

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 27 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #45

that area used to be mega ghetto before they bulldozed those acres & acres of run down apartments. definitely much improved now.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 12:23 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com