Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KTXT is back on the air
jwttu
post Jun 16 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12

i would post the link but its a temp link right now, just go to AJ website if you want

It's talk, jazz and automation as Tech's second FM station returns to airwaves

AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

KTXT-FM is back on the air after a hiatus of nearly six months.

There's new management, a new format and, figuratively speaking, nobody at the controls.

"We thought we'd see if anyone noticed." said Derrick Ginter, general manager of KTXT and Texas Tech's classical music station, KOHM-FM.

KTXT, which had been operated by the campus' Student Media organization, went off the air in January amid administration concens about operating costs.

The revamped FM station, which transmits at 88.1 megahertz, is totally automated, contained in a single desktop computer, Ginter said.

The station offers listeners "The Takeaway," a morning news show combining resources of The New York Times, WGBH in Boston and the BBC World Service. After that show ends, BBC World Service news fills the day until about 6 p.m.

At that point, "shuffled" jazz without an announcer plays until about 6 the next morning, drawing from what Ginter estimated is about 33 hours of music.

"You could hear the same song twice in a couple of hours," Ginter said, adding that it's not likely.

For more on this story, check back later today with Lubbock Online, or see how the story unfolds in tomorrow's Avalanche-Journal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 16 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 68

so that sucks. I would rather have the old annoying audioelitist than some automated crap.

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2018 - 05:13 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com