Reply to this topicStart new topic
> apocalypse/crisis/survival/preparation
jonathan83
post Jun 15 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #31

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jun 14 2009, 07:49 PM) *
on another note though, korea may be full of wack-jobs, but i don't think either north or south korea is stupid enough to attack civilian targets. i doubt they'd be shooting planes out of the sky, the same way i doubt that any country with half a brain would purposely target hospitals. thats political suicide, and would bring the wrath of the entire united nations down on them.

that's exactly who kim jong-il is though. he's the guy who would be doing that. their news agency already said they won't guarantee the safety of civilian planes and boats.
even nuking seoul would severely affect north korea, since it's so close, but this guy is is a nutjob. or a genius in some dark way...or both.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 15 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #32

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 50

hmm... interesting

and interesting that no one over there cares

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 15 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #33

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Jun 14 2009, 06:22 PM) *
well, i live right in the middle of seoul. that's why i'm saying if it was nuked, i'm sure i'd be a goner from the blast itself.
if i knew it was coming then sure, i'd go down in a big basement of some kind to wait it out as long as possible, but when would anyone really know?

I'd worry about regular motor fire from the north. Lots of artillery pieces are aimed at Seoul and they have the range. SM3s would take care of any nuclear missile from the North, the artillery would be the worst part.

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
jonathan83
post Jun 15 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 28

SM3s?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 15 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #35

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Jun 15 2009, 06:02 PM) *
SM3s?

Those are the missiles that can shoot down ICBMs. Only on Aegis ships, but they keep a few in the Sea of Japan. From what my brother told me of being stationed in Korea, the North has a bunch of batterys aimed at places in the south, lots of them civilian.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 15 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #36

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

seems the best plan of action would be to get off the city trail. hit the outskirts of town, avoiding large groups of people. all the more reason you'd need all the things i mentioned above. "half-assing" it and trusting to blind luck you'll "make it" just running south ain't gonna cut it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post Jun 15 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #37

Group: Members
Member No.: 721

QUOTE (chook @ Jun 15 2009, 08:05 PM) *
Those are the missiles that can shoot down ICBMs. Only on Aegis ships, but they keep a few in the Sea of Japan. From what my brother told me of being stationed in Korea, the North has a bunch of batterys aimed at places in the south, lots of them civilian.

Why would N. Korea need a Inter-continental ballistic missle for hit south Korea? Hell the U.S. put nukes into artillery rounds... somehow i see that being the route taken... nothing to shoot down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 16 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #38

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

QUOTE (THECHICKEN @ Jun 15 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Why would N. Korea need a Inter-continental ballistic missle for hit south Korea? Hell the U.S. put nukes into artillery rounds... somehow i see that being the route taken... nothing to shoot down.

I really don't see them building a nuke that could survive the g's of an artillery launch, besides all those artillery post big enough to carry a nuke are watched and the people on the parallel could detect it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post Jun 16 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 721

Considering the distance, and ease of detecting a pre-ICBM launch, im just saying they'll do something else. ... hell a UAV would work better, just detonate at border.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 16 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #40

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

QUOTE (THECHICKEN @ Jun 16 2009, 06:47 AM) *
Considering the distance, and ease of detecting a pre-ICBM launch, im just saying they'll do something else. ... hell a UAV would work better, just detonate at border.

I think he would really just hire Dirkastan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Jun 22 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #41

Do they ignore parts of reality?

Member No.: 46

I mean these types of situations go through my head from time to time especially after reading books like "Alas, Babylon". However, I don't really have the time or money to do any preparations. Right now i'm just living day to day.

--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 22 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #42

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

well, you know the most important things for survival really are the cheapest, most the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 23 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #43

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

I live on a military base. We have very little storage, but I am confident the Army would take care of us smile.gif

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 24 2009, 04:59 AM
Post #44

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

yea... kinda scary, but she's exactly the kind of "impressionable" mind that the government would want in order to breed the next generation of their new world order...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 24 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #45

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

Not really. I just don't live in constant fear that something bad is going to happen. I live out in the middle of fucking nowhere. I can't stockpile enough gas to get anywhere worthwhile. Hell, I don't even think I'm allowed to store gas here. I don't want guns in my household, unless I live in D.C. where they aren't allowed. I don't need a bunch of stupid body armor, knives, slashy things, and whatever else because I don't plan on going into hand to hand combat. I have a baby and another on the way. I have enough to worry about as far as providing for them. My husband has body armor, canteens, rain gear, etc etc etc so he will be fine and go out and weather the lands. Yay for government issue crap.

My husband is attached to an infantry brigade. Do you really think that if something were to happen to this country, the government would keep things from him and his family? Uh no.

I have a hurricane evacuation plan lol. I also have a plan for when there are tornado warnings. We get a lot of those. That suffices me for now. Sadly, I live right next to a bunch of 30-40 ft tall ass trees. If something weather significant goes down right away, I'm probably a goner anyway.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2018 - 09:01 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com