> WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPIEST?
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 1 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #1

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 50

i'm not talking about the cliche douche answers like "a good job, loving husband... blah blah blah"

i'd honestly like to know your ideal situation on what would make you feel the most happy in life. no matter how dumb it sounds, lets hear it.

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jun 1 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #2

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Member No.: 50

i guess i'll lead.

personally, i would value a "more simple" time. what i see as simple and easy are 2 different things though. i would want to be a part of a small, clannish style community. one in which each person is responsible for their own life, and everything that phrase entails. i think mankind has taken on way too much of a scavanger mentality. people today are perfectly willing to accept free handouts and aid. (welfare, food stamps, WIC, disability checks, all that bullshit) there is no pride in earning an honest living anymore. (this was made brutally apparent to me when i overheard a black couple in my office today talking on the phone about how much their welfare would go up once they had this next child)

i think i would be happiest where manual labor would be a respectable and honest living again. the times would be tough without modern convieniences, i know. but look at me, i'm a large framed guy with a natural inclination towards strength, good immunities and fortitude...and it's totally wasted in this day and age. i am a fat, lazy bastard, with no one to blame but myself, but i do think i was ment for a different age.

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 2 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #3

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

I'd like to be the guy who cured a lot of things, but not known well. And real people who contribute would replace Paris Hilton and that twilight crap.

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 2 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #4

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

To get the hell out of Georgia. Would really like our next duty station to be somewhere like Hawaii or Japan or Germany... hell, I'll even take somewhere in Texas. I just hate it here and don't want to get somewhere like Kansas.

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jun 2 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 48

Kansas is one of the possibilities for my bro-in-law's next assignment.

Can't say what would make me happiest... but never having to work again comes to mind.

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Jun 2 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #6

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Building giant robots and orbital death lasers.

--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/

+Quote Post
chook
post Jun 2 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #7

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Mommy @ Jun 2 2009, 10:18 AM) *
To get the hell out of Georgia. Would really like our next duty station to be somewhere like Hawaii or Japan or Germany... hell, I'll even take somewhere in Texas. I just hate it here and don't want to get somewhere like Kansas.

You said it was great there a couple of months ago. Honeymoon over?

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
Inferia
post Jun 2 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 64

QUOTE (Mommy @ Jun 2 2009, 10:18 AM) *

I feel like you would have that feeling no matter where you are stationed, the only place that you would find happiness is Texas. I feel like for most people, you will hate the first 5 - 10 years of your life at somewhere new before you begin liking it. This would be especially true if you were stationed in Hawaii, Japan or Germany

--------------------
I go to the maize and blue

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jun 2 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 48

I doubt there's any rule that would work for most people. I know lots of people who have moved here within the past year or two and they've loved it here from the start.

+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Jun 2 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #10

Live like a warrior.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (chook @ Jun 2 2009, 01:17 PM) *

LOL I know. She was all "OMG IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN TEXAS! IT'S AMAZING! REAL ESTATE-GASM!!!" when she first moved there.

This post has been edited by Psykopath: Jun 2 2009, 04:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 2 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (chook @ Jun 2 2009, 01:17 PM) *
We live in the middle of nowhere. Savannah is a PITA to drive to. Yeah, it's not as cool as it seemed when we got here. It was neat living within an hour of the beach, but the allure is over now.

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 2 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jun 2 2009, 05:41 PM) *
LOL I know. She was all "OMG IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN TEXAS! IT'S AMAZING! REAL ESTATE-GASM!!!" when she first moved there.
I never said it was better than Texas. It was a nice change at the beginning, but the Savannah area is kinda like a mix of Austin and San Antonio, but not nearly as entertaining as either one. After I lived in Austin, I no longer complained about Texas. Austin is an amazing, amazing city. I miss it there. My whole thing was I just felt smothered in places like Lubbock. El Paso wasn't all that great. San Antonio was a god damn dump. San Marcos was worse than Lubbock, but at least it was close to Austin. Dallas is a clusterfuck, and Houston wasn't all that bad the one time I visited. I miss being close to my parents, especially now that I have a growing family. Before, I just wanted to explore the world and live all sorts of places. I still do, but my son does something cute and I wish my parents could see. It's very strange not being within driving distance of my family.

And you have NO IDEA why I even hate it here so don't even pull that crap. My husband is leaving in 6 months and will be gone a year. Before he leaves, he will be gone a total of 2 months for training in the field. It's lonely here for me. I have one close friend and we don't even have that much in common. I have nothing in common with anyone here. I am scared shitless of being here alone with only my two babies to keep my company. So, yeah, your sarcasm really was not all that necessary.

The older I get, the fewer friends I have. I don't feel like there is anyone I have things in common with. Fat people don't like me. Uneducated people don't like me. That's all that most military wives are... fat and stupid.

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 2 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Inferia @ Jun 2 2009, 04:09 PM) *
I feel like you would have that feeling no matter where you are stationed, the only place that you would find happiness is Texas. I feel like for most people, you will hate the first 5 - 10 years of your life at somewhere new before you begin liking it. This would be especially true if you were stationed in Hawaii, Japan or Germany
I would have to disagree, especially because I know several people here who talk about the places they have lived and liked. They're military. They were there maybe 3 years max. Georgia is just boring. Those places I mentioned have a lot of interesting things to do... at least things that interest me.

+Quote Post
jonathan83
post Jun 2 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #14

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 28

my brother was in germany studying abroad in the fall and loved it.
i've been to japan and its amazing. totally weird, but cool nonetheless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Jun 3 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #15

Live like a warrior.

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Mommy @ Jun 2 2009, 09:33 PM) *
I never said it was better than Texas. It was a nice change at the beginning, but the Savannah area is kinda like a mix of Austin and San Antonio, but not nearly as entertaining as either one. After I lived in Austin, I no longer complained about Texas. Austin is an amazing, amazing city. I miss it there. My whole thing was I just felt smothered in places like Lubbock. El Paso wasn't all that great. San Antonio was a god damn dump. San Marcos was worse than Lubbock, but at least it was close to Austin. Dallas is a clusterfuck, and Houston wasn't all that bad the one time I visited. I miss being close to my parents, especially now that I have a growing family. Before, I just wanted to explore the world and live all sorts of places. I still do, but my son does something cute and I wish my parents could see. It's very strange not being within driving distance of my family.

And you have NO IDEA why I even hate it here so don't even pull that crap. My husband is leaving in 6 months and will be gone a year. Before he leaves, he will be gone a total of 2 months for training in the field. It's lonely here for me. I have one close friend and we don't even have that much in common. I have nothing in common with anyone here. I am scared shitless of being here alone with only my two babies to keep my company. So, yeah, your sarcasm really was not all that necessary.

The older I get, the fewer friends I have. I don't feel like there is anyone I have things in common with. Fat people don't like me. Uneducated people don't like me. That's all that most military wives are... fat and stupid.

Hate to be an ass, but you should have known full well the scenarios of marrying into the military.

It sucks, but it shouldn't come as a surprise.

----
Back to your original post: you'd love Germany. Had several friends stationed there and they enjoyed their deployments immensely.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2018 - 02:53 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com