Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am a pathetic piece of shit
Spectatrix
post Dec 26 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #16

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Mommy @ Dec 26 2008, 09:04 PM) *
I'm the type of person that feels if a person knows someone is cheating on a spouse with them, they are just as guilty. In fact, infidelity is illegal in the military, and people will serve jail time if they cheat. I think informed involved parties can spend time in jail as well.

Absolutely. If the other man or woman is aware that the person is married, then they're as guilty as the cheating party. Fucking douchebags & whores. I'm surprised that Will even posted this after the infidelity drama on here a few years back.

--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oasis
post Dec 26 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,243

QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Dec 26 2008, 10:08 PM) *
I'm surprised that Will even posted this after the infidelity drama on here a few years back.

What infidelity drama?

And yeah, I'm just as guilty as her. If he comes to kick my ass, so be it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Dec 26 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #18

The Blue/Veritas/Schwab thing.

--------------------
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Dec 26 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #19

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 50

it this regard i can't bitch at Will. i don't go about creating threads over it, but here's the deal::

i don't cheat. if i wanna fuck around, i'll be single and do it. but when i am single, i am very bad about helping others cheat. i don't feel i am responsible for that persons marriage, she conciously made the choice to cheat and that whole "he seduced me!" crap is bullshit. if a woman is so dimwitted to fall for a seduction and cheat on the man she loves then she is very obviously below men and does not deserve to be treated as equal. i however do not believe women are below men, so therefore she's made her own damn bed, she can sleep (or fuck) in it.

there is obviously already a problem with the marriage, or relationship. better that it falls through early, rather than 10-20 years down the line

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!

+Quote Post
chook
post Dec 27 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #20

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Mommy @ Dec 26 2008, 09:04 PM) *
I'm the type of person that feels if a person knows someone is cheating on a spouse with them, they are just as guilty. In fact, infidelity is illegal in the military, and people will serve jail time if they cheat. I think informed involved parties can spend time in jail as well.

Nope, only the military person. When you sign up for the military, you give away a bunch of rights.

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Dec 27 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #21

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (chook @ Dec 27 2008, 03:02 AM) *
Nope, only the military person. When you sign up for the military, you give away a bunch of rights.
Well, I know a military spouse can go to jail. I know a guy that lives at my apartment complex whose ex wife is in jail for cheating on him. I guess what I meant is if they cheat with another person who is in the armed forces. Usually that is what happens. A military spouse will cheat on her husband while he is deployed with another person who is in the military. They can both go to jail, and they both should. Problem is trying to prove that the other party knew the woman was married. Easy to do though when the two men are friends (likely situation)

+Quote Post
chook
post Dec 27 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #22

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Mommy @ Dec 27 2008, 11:30 AM) *
Well, I know a military spouse can go to jail. I know a guy that lives at my apartment complex whose ex wife is in jail for cheating on him. I guess what I meant is if they cheat with another person who is in the armed forces. Usually that is what happens. A military spouse will cheat on her husband while he is deployed with another person who is in the military. They can both go to jail, and they both should. Problem is trying to prove that the other party knew the woman was married. Easy to do though when the two men are friends (likely situation)

Read the JAG code. You should ask him if she was in the service at the time or was it a state law that sent her to jail. I can tell you that the other guy could be court marshaled, but not the civilian wife.

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Dec 27 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (chook @ Dec 27 2008, 12:50 PM) *
Read the JAG code. You should ask him if she was in the service at the time or was it a state law that sent her to jail. I can tell you that the other guy could be court marshaled, but not the civilian wife.
maybe she was in the military as well. I know a lot of rules apply to military spouses as well though.

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Dec 27 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Mommy @ Dec 27 2008, 04:46 PM) *
maybe she was in the military as well. I know a lot of rules apply to military spouses as well though.

That would make very little sense. Civilian spouses should only be subject to civilian law.

--------------------
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Dec 27 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Dec 27 2008, 06:05 PM) *
That would make very little sense. Civilian spouses should only be subject to civilian law.
A lot of what I do can affect my husband. That's what I know. If I am late for an appointment on post, my husband can be held accountable for it. I'm sorry, but it makes perfect sense to me to hold spouses at the level of military discipline. They should know. It would only stand to reason that if a civilian wife cheats on her spouse while he is overseas then she should spend time in jail. That dude that I know, his wife cheated on him while he was in Iraq. He never said anything about her being in the military, but who knows. Maybe she was. I just know that when I am on post, I have a lot more rules I have to follow.

+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Dec 27 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #26

GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Mommy @ Dec 27 2008, 05:27 PM) *
A lot of what I do can affect my husband. That's what I know. If I am late for an appointment on post, my husband can be held accountable for it. I'm sorry, but it makes perfect sense to me to hold spouses at the level of military discipline. They should know. It would only stand to reason that if a civilian wife cheats on her spouse while he is overseas then she should spend time in jail. That dude that I know, his wife cheated on him while he was in Iraq. He never said anything about her being in the military, but who knows. Maybe she was. I just know that when I am on post, I have a lot more rules I have to follow.

because what makes "perfect sense" to you has been such a bastion of logic in previous conversations....

--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.

Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!

+Quote Post
Oasis
post Dec 27 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,243

OK, I understand and agree with what you're saying. IF AND ONLY IF the spouse lives on the military base or the transgression took place on the military base. If they can be arrested for cheating in their own home and they live off base, THAT is scary. The military shouldn't have that kind of power or authority over people not in the military.

I hate the armed forces anyway. My roommate is a Marine who did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Some of the shit he told me is beyond criminal. Some of the hazing and torture. Pull that shit in a frat house and you spend the next 20 years in prison. But the military can get away with it without repercussion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Dec 27 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Dec 27 2008, 06:41 PM) *
because what makes "perfect sense" to you has been such a bastion of logic in previous conversations....
you... oh you

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Dec 27 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Oasis @ Dec 27 2008, 08:09 PM) *
I hate the armed forces anyway. My roommate is a Marine who did two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Some of the shit he told me is beyond criminal. Some of the hazing and torture. Pull that shit in a frat house and you spend the next 20 years in prison. But the military can get away with it without repercussion.
The unit my husband is in has done 3 tours in Iraq and is gearing up for a tour in Afghanistan in Jan '10. They are to date, the most deployed unit in the Army. Honestly, when you have been deployed that many times (not that my husband has. I'm speaking for others in his brigade) and have risked your lives that many times, you become very jaded by people who don't appreciate you having your life on the line for them. When those same people shoot a gun at you, it gets even worse. I have yet to know a single person in the military who didn't have sympathy for Iraqi women or children, especially children.

My friend Charlie that I went to elementary school with, is stationed out here as well. He belongs to the 4th brigade who is now just returning from their 3rd tour in Iraq. Charlie came back in April, however. He had a good portion of his hand blown off in fighting. He didn't lose any fingers, but he has a nice gaping hole on the palm of his hand. That is NOTHING compared to what others have gone through over there.

Go spend a few days in a "Warriors in Transition" Hospital. The biggest two are Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) in San Antonio, TX, and Walter Reed Medical Center in D.C. Because I got a lot of my health care at BAMC, I saw a lot of things that were truly saddening. CNN would cover a lot of the soldiers out of BAMC as well. Burn victims who have not a normal piece of skin from the top of their heads to the toes of their feet. Those people are sometimes also missing their nose and limbs because they just burned completely off. Other soldiers are missing both legs. Others are missing both hands. We can talk all day about the lives that were lost over there, but there are lives still being lived who have permanently been scarred beyond all recognition. Trust me, shit does go on over there that definitely should not be happening, but our soldiers need our support because 9 out of 10 of them are just doing their job the best way they know how.

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Dec 27 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #30

It would only stand to reason that if a civilian wife cheats on her spouse while he is overseas then she should spend time in jail.

Why? Do you think all cheating spouses should spend time in jail?

--------------------
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2018 - 05:35 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com