Dogmeat
post Dec 9 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #1

DEATH TO ....something?

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

Anybody ever been diagnosed with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoliosis

I remember when I was a Sr. in highschool they made us do this "bend over" test like they're describing there.

They told me I had a 'mild' case of it but it wasn't bad.

I didn't think anything of it because I was 17 and completley and utterly invincible. Heh biggrin.gif

Anyways, I've pretty much been living with constant back pain for about the last 3 years straight now, hasn't really gotten any worse or any better.

According to that article on wikiepdia, Scoliosis is the curvature of the spine in a paralell plant with your rib cage, but it shouldn't cause a "hump" in your back should it?

I've known I kinda have a hunch back for years, probably due to horrible posture since I was a kid sitting in front of a computer, but it seems to be getting more pronounced as I get older.

I was seeing a chiropractor about a year ago and he'd pop my back and all that and it felt good but I think the guy was a quack ....

Anybody have any experience with this stuff?

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dauss
post Dec 9 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

One of my friends has a pretty bad case of it. Too late for any treatment, but she does physical therapy for her back pain.

--------------------
Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi

+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Dec 10 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35

I have a minor case of it. It can cause a hump if the curvature pushes other bones/organs out of the way.

--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 10:50 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com