2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's Talk Supplements, Fitness, Weight loss, and muscle building related
Epic
post Nov 5 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

So let's share supplement knowledge for a bit.

I take a multivitamin, 1 gram of fish oil, and 1 gram of vit C spread out over the day every day.

I also obviously use whey protein and all that jazz, but that's not very interesting but I really enjoy AES but love the flavor of muscle milk

I hit a creatine cycle every few months, most recently I did MetRx Amped and loved it, but i've also done NOxplode and Cytosport Fast twitch, with varied results.

I am going to try a few samples of Black Powder by MRI for my next 3 weight work outs, and looking forward to the experiment.

What do you take?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 5 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #2

DEATH TO ....something?

Member No.: 55

Black Powder is NOxplode under a different name.

It tastes a FUCKTON better than NOXplode.

Of all these hyper-energy drinks I've tried, I like the Black Powder the best followed by NOXplode.

I've tried the NaNo Vapor (muscletech) as well as this new shit called SuperPump 250 ...

I did NOT like the NaNo Vapor, as it didn't produce near as good of results as the NOXplode or black powder, mainly in the form of it made me so damned jittery and anxious when I drank it I didn't wanna be in the gym at all ... couldn't concentrate on my workouts...

That SuperPump 250 shit was absolutley horrible. I drank that for about 5 workouts then threw the rest of the tub I bought away. I didn't make me work out any harder or better than the noxplode or black powder, and it made me feel like I was on meth or something, plus it gave me chest pains. That shit made me WAY WAY WAY WAY jittery and what's worse was it made me irritable as fuck. I mean like REALLY irritable.

I dunno, I kinda wish I'd never starte drinking these damned weight lifter energy drinks .... Every time I try to go work out without one I just feel dead and downtrodden and tired, which isn't good.

But then again, if I go and play a sport, basketball or hockey, I don't "feel" as tired because my mind is engaged in something without the monotany of just "working out"

I dunno ... I guess the weight lifter energy drinks are the only supplement I'm willing to take, I don't really wanna screw with anything else. I think these things are probably hard enough on me and my heart as it is unfortunatley, and I really shouldn't be taking them at all as it is.

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Epic
post Nov 5 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #3

yeah, when i cycle off it is tough for a week, because i feel week, and i'm a little irritable, but i work out of it and get my gains back clean.

i just wonder how much longer i'll be able to resist trying a steroid cycle.

so far with black powder i didn't feel much tonight, but we'll see

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 5 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #4

DEATH TO ....something?

You build up a tolerance to the NOXPlode/BlackPowder/Whatever ...

The first week I tried NOXplode, it didn't do much, the second week I felt damn near euphoric ..

I've gone off it for a month at a time now at the longest, and when I get back on it it doesn't produce that feeling anymore.

I don't really cycle it, I don't know if I really should or not ... I just kinda drink it whenever I go work out, which latley for me has been pretty sporadically ... I might drink it 2-3 days a week if that.

It does work best if you use it in the morning on an empty stomach about 1-2 hours after you drink a big old protein shake though.

If you take it with food in your stomach it's almost like it doesn't even work.

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Epic
post Nov 5 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #5

it started to build and i got some good reps in, i strained my wrist yesterday so that slowed me down. I could get behind this stuff. Amped has always been good to me, but i don't want to create a tolerance so i switch around a bit.

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 5 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #6

DEATH TO ....something?

I will have to give the MetRx Amped stuff a try, I used to really like the MetRx meal replacement shakes I drank for awhile ...

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Epic
post Nov 5 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #7

anyone on here use any L Glutamine, or CLA? i try it here and there but honestly don't know enough about it to keep myself on top of taking it.

Anyone else other than me and dogmeat? What about you Chuck?

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 6 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #8

DEATH TO ....something?

I've never taken those elements separatley, but l-glutamine and l-arginide are basically the "nitric oxide accelrators" that are found in NOXplode and varients I believe.

I think that most of those energy drinks are pretty much every "legal" supplement you can buy all rolled into one mix, then they call it their "proprietary mix" ....

but I know for a fact NOXPlode is not banned by the NCAA. I am not sure about that SuperPump 250 crap I took, that actually might have been sad.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
dauss
post Nov 6 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 20

I just started working out again recently, but I'm not sure if the goals that you have in mind are what my goals are. 5'8", 150lb. I'm not looking to get jacked and bench 1.5x my body weight or anything like that, just put on a little bit more muscle and get my body fat down to 10%. That said, I take a multi, some fish oil, and glucosamine. I do whey protein, drinking the Optimum Nutrition 100% whey in the mornings. When first I started to work out, I was terribly sore and drank it every morning, and now I've gotten used to the workout routine and drink it when I feel like I need it, so maybe a couple times a week. Also when I picked up the exercise again, I was drinking the Optimum Nutrition casein protein before bed, but now it's only a couple times a week after a hard workout. Started to take creatine again, 5g a day, didn't do loading or anything. Only been exercising regularly for a month now, and don't know anything about cycling or what not.

As far as L-Glutamine, my friend takes it and says it works, but I've never taken it alone. Those Optimum Nutrition proteins have X grams of BCAA's and X grams of Glutamine and precursors, so I guess I get it that way, sparingly.

--------------------
Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 6 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #10

DEATH TO ....something?

QUOTE (dauss @ Nov 6 2008, 06:05 PM) *
I just started working out again recently, but I'm not sure if the goals that you have in mind are what my goals are. 5'8", 150lb. I'm not looking to get jacked and bench 1.5x my body weight or anything like that, just put on a little bit more muscle and get my body fat down to 10%. That said, I take a multi, some fish oil, and glucosamine. I do whey protein, drinking the Optimum Nutrition 100% whey in the mornings. When first I started to work out, I was terribly sore and drank it every morning, and now I've gotten used to the workout routine and drink it when I feel like I need it, so maybe a couple times a week. Also when I picked up the exercise again, I was drinking the Optimum Nutrition casein protein before bed, but now it's only a couple times a week after a hard workout. Started to take creatine again, 5g a day, didn't do loading or anything. Only been exercising regularly for a month now, and don't know anything about cycling or what not.

As far as L-Glutamine, my friend takes it and says it works, but I've never taken it alone. Those Optimum Nutrition proteins have X grams of BCAA's and X grams of Glutamine and precursors, so I guess I get it that way, sparingly.

I've had some experience with different kinds of creatine, which you might want to give a shot to. Apparently all creatines aren't created equal, but you would have to do some research to find out what the good ones are.

My basis for this statement is that for awhile when I stopped drinking NOXplode, I was taking a nitrix oxide accelerator (I think that's the correct term?) by itself and creatine monohydrate by itself, both generic GNC brand. I was trying to avoid the caffine.

Anyways, the result was I gained _WAY_ more water weight with the plain-jane creatine monohydrate than I ever did whilst on the NOXplode. I never did any BMI's while swapping around, but it sure didn't feel like any weight gain I had on NOXplode was water weight. It didn't look like it either.

I started talking to some of the other guys at the gym, and based on what some of these guys (some of whom have been lifting for years and years, and they are all natural lifters) said, they pretty well have a supplement routine that is exactly what NOXplode, black powder, etc are but minus the caffine.

Every one of these guys said that the regular generic brands of creatine monohydrate made them bloaty, even though their recovery time was way way way way less (as is the whole point of creatine)

My point is, you might try finding a brand of creatine that isn't known to make you "bloaty" smile.gif I'll do some research on it and let you know what I find as I'm interested in this too smile.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Epic
post Nov 6 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #11

agreed. i'm willing to spend moeny on the good shit, and i don't mind the caffeine

but fasttwitch by cytosport had a caffeine free version.

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 6 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #12

DEATH TO ....something?

QUOTE (Epic @ Nov 6 2008, 10:22 PM) *
agreed. i'm willing to spend moeny on the good shit, and i don't mind the caffeine

but fasttwitch by cytosport had a caffeine free version.

I will look at that. If I could find something that is essentially caffine-free noxplode I'd start taking it.

I mean, creatine, NOXplode, nitric stabilziers or whataver they are ... all of that stuff at least as far as I know is NCAA legal. that superpump 250 crap might not be, I don tknow ...

But, I think this stuff is good because it basically just gives your workout a little extra kick ... maybe makes them go by a little quicker.

The NOXplode stuff helps, but it's not like you're gonna start drinking it then somehow magically pack on 20 pounds of muscle in 2 months or something.

I am hoping that means there are no long-term side effects to drinking stuff like this.

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Epic
post Nov 6 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #13

haha, well we'll find out then now won't we!

I'm not going to start doing steroids, but for a research project i've been doing a lot of research and honestly...there isn't much credible research that can actually document the harms of steroids. The most interesting argument i have heard "steroids make sick people healthy but healthy people sick?"

I'm liking black powder, i might buy a tub.

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 6 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #14

DEATH TO ....something?

QUOTE (Epic @ Nov 6 2008, 09:40 PM) *
haha, well we'll find out then now won't we!

I'm not going to start doing steroids, but for a research project i've been doing a lot of research and honestly...there isn't much credible research that can actually document the harms of steroids. The most interesting argument i have heard "steroids make sick people healthy but healthy people sick?"

I'm liking black powder, i might buy a tub.

I've searched the internet high and low for what I would consider "credible" articles on performance-enhancing supplements.

I've found absolutley nothing but advertisements.

I guess what I really need to do is go to a public library and start looking the subject up in medical journals.

Wish I knew somone who was an ESS major, they could tell us everything we need to know smile.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
dauss
post Nov 7 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 20

I don't know what you guys mean by bloaty. I didn't do a loading phase, so I'm not sure if that factors into it. I went to the gym again today with my friend and he suggested a 3 month on - 2 month off creatine. Though, after 3 months I should be where I want to be and the following months would just be for toning and not gaining muscle mass.

I'm doing a fair amount of cardio, 500-1000 calories burned at least 2 times a week.

--------------------
Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 04:56 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com