Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jul 30 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #17

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

There is a classic car place next to Best Buy on Frankfort. It's kinda tucked away so it's hard to find, but if you drive through the Best Buy parking lot toward Frankfurt, you'll find it. Maybe they can help you out.

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 30 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #18

Decepticon Commander

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Mommy @ Jul 30 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Are you reposting the same ad over and over in different areas on there? If you want to post it multiple times, you have to change up the wording in the post and subject line. Also, people could report it if they see it posted several times. Try posting it in the auto section, wait a day or two, rewrite a completely new ad, and post again.

As far as where else to advertise it, that's a tough one. Drive it around a bit with "For Sale" and your phone number written in white shoe polish on the window (don't get it on the paint).... drive it around like 82nd or something....where all the richer people are.

Honestly, I've only made one ad in the "Cars and Trucks" section of the lbk craigslist, i included 4 pictures, as well as contact info and price, I figured that would be the best way to ensure that nothing crazy happend. I got an email from them this morning saying they had flagged and removed my post, so I'm going thru the process to see why it got flagged. Someone said maybe because of the blurry pics, but i dont have much experiance posting stuff on craigslist so I'll just have to wait and see what I did wrong.

I live off of 92nd and University, and drive it around with a big sign on it w/a number, but so far no one is really been serious, or they want to do monthy payments, which im not trying to do so I dont get burned.

Thanks for the suggestions though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 30 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #19

Decepticon Commander

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 30 2008, 03:24 PM) *
Well it's kind of hard to tell the real quality of shape it's in from the pics, but putting an ad out for 13k for a 78 trans am isn't going to get you many calls. If it's really in great shape, call around to various dealers/auctions and see if anyone deals specifically with classic cars. If you think it's not quite up to par for a classic car auction, you're best off putting it somewhere visible with a for sale sign on it, like a common grocery store lot where that's allowed or something. I hesitate to tell you what I'd guess it'd go for without seeing some really good pics.

Well I've talked to dealers and most of them dont want it since its not 100% restored, like the Classic Motor place. A salesman was interested so Im hoping he calls or something but im not holding my breath.

I'm working on getting a better camera so I can actually take some good clear photos and maybe a little movie of the car running or something to show people whats up.

I'm kind of afraid to just leave it in some parking lot though, too many dickheads that could just as easily vandalize the car and screw me over worse by doing that.

Hopefully something positive happens with thrifty nickel. I posted it all here cuz I figured maybe someone knew someone who knew someone or something that like that might be interested tongue.gif

Thanks again for everyones suggestions biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 01:10 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com