Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone looking for a classic car?, 1978 Trans Am
TeK
post Jul 9 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Decepticon Commander

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

I've got a pretty decent survivor car here, 1978 Trans Am. All original except the snowflake rims, still trying to find a good set. I've got pics up on my myspace page if anyone might be interested. Car is in Lubbock and can be seen and heard if anyone is serious about buying it.

Taking all serious offers.

I can put up a description and all that stuff if the need arises

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim
post Jul 9 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Let's Bother Snape!!!

Member No.: 10

Picture, please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 9 2008, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 48

I know a guy in lubbock that could be interested, so yeah details would be cool. Why are you selling it?

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 9 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Decepticon Commander

heres a few pics, sorry its blurry but my phone kinda fails as a camera.

Heres a few stats, more info upon request smile.gif

400 Pontiac motor, original from factory, has Accel distributor, plugs and wires, Edelbrock 4 barrel carb. K&N Filter 84,366 miles, appears to be original. New rear leaf spring suspension w/4 way adjustment. Has A/C but needs a new compressor. Rear end has at least 3.73's in it, possibly 4.10's. @70mph it runs @3500rpm. 4 Speed Automatic transmission, pretty sure it has a shift kit in it. Survivor car, everything is original and matches the vin's to the best that I've been able to research on it. The Shaker hood openings have not been cut out, and the air cleaner pan needs to be replaced, previous owner cut a hole in it for some stupid reason mad.gif

I would assume its about 96% restored, needs the front ground effects, stock rims and should be all there. The paint is very clean, there is -very- minor rust on the rear quarter on the outside shell only. A replacement metal patch panel costs about 50 bucks from year one. The bumpers need repainting, and the stickers are all there and all original, but need to be replaced as they're kinda ripping in places due to being 30 yrs old tongue.gif

I've driven this car around town, and back and forth to levelland about 4 times, and it runs REALLY good.

I had Joe at A&B muffler shop install 3 inch true dual exhaust with a 3" H Pipe, 2 Flowmaster Super 44 Mufflers and turndowns at the back axle. I have a set of Hedman long tubes to install on it, just its a pain in the ass to do it and other things have taken my time from working on it.

Im selling it just because the extra money would be nice to finish up on some repairs around the house, and I need something a bit more economical to commute back and forth to school in.

Oh yeah forgot, here's the NADA book on this car.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=...79423&da=-1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim
post Jul 9 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Let's Bother Snape!!!

QUOTE (TeK @ Jul 9 2008, 06:22 PM) *
heres a few pics, sorry its blurry but my phone kinda fails as a camera.

Heres a few stats, more info upon request smile.gif

400 Pontiac motor, original from factory, has Accel distributor, plugs and wires, Edelbrock 4 barrel carb. K&N Filter 84,366 miles, appears to be original. New rear leaf spring suspension w/4 way adjustment. Has A/C but needs a new compressor. Rear end has at least 3.73's in it, possibly 4.10's. @70mph it runs @3500rpm. 4 Speed Automatic transmission, pretty sure it has a shift kit in it. Survivor car, everything is original and matches the vin's to the best that I've been able to research on it. The Shaker hood openings have not been cut out, and the air cleaner pan needs to be replaced, previous owner cut a hole in it for some stupid reason mad.gif

I would assume its about 96% restored, needs the front ground effects, stock rims and should be all there. The paint is very clean, there is -very- minor rust on the rear quarter on the outside shell only. A replacement metal patch panel costs about 50 bucks from year one. The bumpers need repainting, and the stickers are all there and all original, but need to be replaced as they're kinda ripping in places due to being 30 yrs old tongue.gif

I've driven this car around town, and back and forth to levelland about 4 times, and it runs REALLY good.

I had Joe at A&B muffler shop install 3 inch true dual exhaust with a 3" H Pipe, 2 Flowmaster Super 44 Mufflers and turndowns at the back axle. I have a set of Hedman long tubes to install on it, just its a pain in the ass to do it and other things have taken my time from working on it.
Im selling it just because the extra money would be nice to finish up on some repairs around the house, and I need something a bit more economical to commute back and forth to school in.
Oh yeah forgot, here's the NADA book on this car.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=...79423&da=-1

Hmmm, I'll talk to my step-dad, he may want it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 9 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #6

Decepticon Commander

if you need to view more pictures, they are on my myspace.
myspace.com/tknlgy

thanks for any help in selling this to any that might be interested smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim
post Jul 9 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #7

Let's Bother Snape!!!

QUOTE (TeK @ Jul 9 2008, 08:26 PM) *
if you need to view more pictures, they are on my myspace.
myspace.com/tknlgy

thanks for any help in selling this to any that might be interested smile.gif

PM me the asking price, please?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 16 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #8

Decepticon Commander

Bump

Still for sale, all serious offers considered ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Jul 20 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #9

DEATH TO ....something?

Member No.: 55

That is such a dominant male mother fucker car!

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 30 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #10

Decepticon Commander

BUMP

Price dropped. 13k OBO!!!!

Need to sell!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 30 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #11

no offense but if you want to sell it, stop looking at the NADA book

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jul 30 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #12

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

List it on Craigslist or somewhere else. Most people here don't live in Lubbock (I think that's where you're at)

+Quote Post
TeK
post Jul 30 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #13

Decepticon Commander

ok then any suggestions? I had an appraiser say i might get 13 thats why I used that figure. Realistically, since it needs some work I doubt i'll get it, but its a good place to start.

I've tried craigslist and they keep reporting and pulling my posts, and Im really not sure why or what I'm doing wrong, still waiting to hear about that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jul 30 2008, 02:19 PM
Post #14

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (TeK @ Jul 30 2008, 03:13 PM) *
ok then any suggestions? I had an appraiser say i might get 13 thats why I used that figure. Realistically, since it needs some work I doubt i'll get it, but its a good place to start.

I've tried craigslist and they keep reporting and pulling my posts, and Im really not sure why or what I'm doing wrong, still waiting to hear about that.
Are you reposting the same ad over and over in different areas on there? If you want to post it multiple times, you have to change up the wording in the post and subject line. Also, people could report it if they see it posted several times. Try posting it in the auto section, wait a day or two, rewrite a completely new ad, and post again.

As far as where else to advertise it, that's a tough one. Drive it around a bit with "For Sale" and your phone number written in white shoe polish on the window (don't get it on the paint).... drive it around like 82nd or something....where all the richer people are.

+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 30 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (TeK @ Jul 30 2008, 03:13 PM) *

Well it's kind of hard to tell the real quality of shape it's in from the pics, but putting an ad out for 13k for a 78 trans am isn't going to get you many calls. If it's really in great shape, call around to various dealers/auctions and see if anyone deals specifically with classic cars. If you think it's not quite up to par for a classic car auction, you're best off putting it somewhere visible with a for sale sign on it, like a common grocery store lot where that's allowed or something. I hesitate to tell you what I'd guess it'd go for without seeing some really good pics.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2018 - 05:20 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com