Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NBA Games Rigged
Mommy
post Jun 11 2008, 06:55 AM
Post #1

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Ok, so I used to be a HUGE basketball fan, and my favorite team was the Sacramento Kings. I swore up and down since the moment I saw Game 6 of the WC finals in 2002 that they should have won against the Lakers. I said it for years. Then, this whole scandal about referee rigging came out. I didn't pay too much attention, but in the back of my head, I was always thinking "I bet the Kings game is at the center of this controversy." Well, it seems I was right. God, this pisses me off. I might actually still be a huge fan of basketball had it not been for that game. I was so outraged by that game that I gave up all hope. UGHHHHHH I'm so mad!!!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop....php?cl=8267911

This says it all.... Now, I REALLY hope the Celtics win the playoffs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oasis
post Jun 11 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,243

Glad you discovered the worst kept secret in sports history. People have been saying the league has been rigged since '85, when the Knicks - the largest market team in the league - miraculously won the draft lottery to get Ewing

I know donoghy isn't exactly reliable but what he says is true. Watch the video of Stern's reaction...what a smug asshole. I wish the FBI would investigate it but they're probably on the NBA's payroll

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jun 11 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #3

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

It's just so enraging because the Kings haven't made it close to the finals since. I loved that team so much. I really do think they would have won the championship that year.

+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post Jun 11 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 721

The only thing that comes to mind is "duh"

Im not sure they are completely rigged, but they are damn sure "helped". And how many years now has the league told the refs to not call as much against the "popular" players? I don't think its completely rigged (as in a script of what WILL happen), but i damn sure believe they use the refs to guide a series a certain direction via foul calls.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2018 - 09:38 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com