Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Graduating, Finally
The Fanatic
post May 13 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #46

Do they ignore parts of reality?

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 46

I personally don't care about the ceremony per se but I believe that graduating is still quite an accomplishment. And nothing is going to make me feel differently about it. Not sure why this thread has turned into a debate. I was just posting to let everyone know that I have joined the flock of alumni that now frequent these boards.

--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chook
post May 14 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #47

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 68

QUOTE (The Fanatic @ May 13 2008, 05:58 PM) *
I personally don't care about the ceremony per se but I believe that graduating is still quite an accomplishment. And nothing is going to make me feel differently about it. Not sure why this thread has turned into a debate. I was just posting to let everyone know that I have joined the flock of alumni that now frequent these boards.

congrats, you aare now sheeple like me!

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
Melanie
post May 14 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #48

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Jessica @ May 9 2008, 04:32 AM) *
i decided I'm not walking again. I read online yesterday that graduates have to sit on the floor while the ceremony is going on. I don't know if they literally mean the floor of if they mean a bunch of folding chairs on the gym floor but I don't want to risk it. I'm too pregnant to sit on the floor. Plus, my brother is in town with my parents. Even though he is 15, he can't sit through a ceremony that lasts a few hours. He has been way too hyper and out of his routine while on this trip (autism). So ya... never walked for high school, never walked at Tech, and not walking now.
*shrug* oh well

I went to that graduation ceremony, and you should have asked me because I graduated in December from Texas State. They were really comfortable chairs and the ceremony only lasted an hour, hour and 15 minutes max.

+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 16 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #49

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

eh... I didn't want to walk deep down. I think that's what it boils down to

+Quote Post
Melanie
post May 16 2008, 08:19 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 221

Yeah, I understand. I had family in from everywhere so I kind of had to. That was actually my day from hell. I went to all three commencement ceremonies, floated the river in between yours and the science one.

+Quote Post
impala454
post May 19 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 48

Now this is a graduation ceremony I could probably withstand.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 07:55 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com