Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contest
James
post Feb 23 2006, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Fool

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

I got this from the graduate student mailing list. I'm not really sure if this will make it to the undergraduates or not, so I'll share it.

From here, it’s possible Contest

TELL US YOUR STORY!

Sponsored by the Office of Communications and Marketing, Texas Tech University System

Prizes: $500 scholarships; 2-ticket sets of box seats to one 2006-07 football or basketball game; and outstanding books published by Texas Tech University Press.

Deadline for entries: All entries must be received no later than 5 p.m., Central Standard Time, March 27, 2006

by the Office of Communications and Marketing, Room 212, Texas Tech University Administration Building.

Winners notified: The week of April 17, 2006.

Awards Ceremony: 4 to 6 p.m., Thursday, April 27th at The Merket Alumni Center, Lubbock, Texas.

Fall 2006: Introduction of contest winners at a Board of Regents meeting.

Contest Theme

From here, it’s possible.

Story-telling is as old as the Texas hills. Think of Native Americans carving pictographs into the mountains, cowboys sitting around a campfire listening to a good yarn, or modern-day families watching a favorite drama on television. The narrative power of stories binds us together as a community and culture.

We want your story for a new campaign to tell the Texas Tech story across the nation. We thought a contest would be an engaging way to gather stories from throughout the Texas Tech family. Any well-told story about Texas Tech consistent with the theme of From here, it’s possible is eligible for this contest. Entries must be created by a student, alumnus/a, or former or current faculty or staff from Texas Tech University, the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center or former or current staff of the Texas Tech University System.

If coming to Texas Tech was a triumph over adversity, you experienced something special at Texas Tech that prepared you for a successful career, you met a wonderful teacher or staff member here who changed your life, you have a significant research or academic accomplishment, or experienced anything else unique or interesting because of your learning or experience at Texas Tech, then we want your story!

We will use your story to let people across Texas and beyond know what is so special about Texas Tech University and TTU Health Sciences Center. In addition to your prize, winners will be honored at an awards ceremony on Thursday, April 27th at The Merket Alumni Center and will be introduced at a fall 2006 Board of Regents meeting.

Even if it does not win a prize, your story will be important in our grand new scheme to bring Texas Tech the visibility

it deserves.

Help us tell your Texas Tech story!

--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Throwdown
post Feb 23 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #2

fuck you!

Member No.: 19

that was the funniest thing i've ever read. thanks for the laugh

--------------------
only here to talk sports occationally

+Quote Post
James
post Feb 23 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Fool

Member No.: 56

I must confess that I didn't read more than the first couple of lines. You're welcome though.

--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2018 - 10:36 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com