Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guns
Dogmeat
post Nov 2 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #16

DEATH TO ....something?

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

GOD DAMN YOU FUCKING RIGHT WING MASAGONISTIC BLOOD-LOVING WAR-LIKE NEOCONS!!!!!!!

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Nov 2 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #17

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Nov 2 2006, 05:05 PM) *
only guns i recommend you avoid at all costs are anything that have been "rebuilt" and desert eagles. most useless over rated firearm i have ever shot.

Pshaw, a desert eagle served me very well in dealing with radscorpions and the ghoul infestation of Necropolis!

100 internet cool points to anyone who gets the reference.

This post has been edited by Spectatrix: Nov 2 2006, 06:44 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/

+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Nov 2 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Nov 2 2006, 05:06 PM) *
GOD DAMN YOU FUCKING RIGHT WING MASAGONISTIC BLOOD-LOVING WAR-LIKE NEOCONS!!!!!!!

Misogynic/misogynous/misogynistic. Not masogonistic.

--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 2 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #19

DEATH TO ....something?

QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Nov 2 2006, 06:10 PM) *
Pshaw, a desert eagle served me very well in dealing with radscorpions and the zombie infestation of Necropolis!

I know where radscorpions came from, so can I get 50? laugh.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Deacon
post Nov 2 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 172

i have a browning 12 guage pump and a savage 30 ought 6 scoped just a lil deer rifle. i almost got a 12 shell mossberg home security that shit was right out of SWAT lol. i just started bird hunting and i reall ylike it easy to clean. my dad is camping out at the lease tonight cuz deer season starts tomorrow lol
my dad just sold his ar-15 with a 300 eotech scope it was noice but thats what we bought my browning with and he kept the rest.

Kimbers are decent handguns AMARIT?

dont foget they make desert eagles that arent 50 cal

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Nov 2 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #21

DEATH TO ....something?

a .50 desert eagle is a "look at me I'm a big tough man" gun ... anyone in their right mind who wanted a gun for self defense would realize it is foolish and stupid to buy a .50 desert eagle for this purpose. It's too big, clunky, and innaccurate to be of much use.

If you wanna buy a pistol for self defense, get a Colt .45 ACP Defender or some form of 9mm .... you're nuts to buy a .50 pistol for anything but masturbating your male ego whilst at the shooting range smile.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
JStrider
post Nov 2 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #22

TANSTAAFL

Member No.: 26

got to a gun range that lets you rent guns and shoot with a wide variety of guns till you find some you like, then start looking to buy those.

.22 is a good round for target practice... really cheap... but not so great for home defense...

--------------------
~Clatto Verata Nicto

+Quote Post
chook
post Nov 2 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #23

Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 68

short barrel shotgun for home defence. Don't want to the shots to travel too far, otherwise you'd get criminal charges for hitting neighbor's house.

--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!

+Quote Post
Deacon
post Nov 2 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (chook @ Nov 2 2006, 09:22 PM) *
short barrel shotgun for home defence. Don't want to the shots to travel too far, otherwise you'd get criminal charges for hitting neighbor's house.

yep its clicghe but if you here the "chik chik" of the shotty cocking.....you probably wont mistake that for anything but the international "oh shit get the fuck out of here" response

they dont call em room clearers for nothing

+Quote Post
Timbo
post Nov 2 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #25

Italian. Yes.

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (impala454 @ Nov 2 2006, 02:27 PM) *
I've never owned a gun, but a couple buddies at work are big hunters/gun owners and it's gotten me interested. I'd like to eventually have one of each of four types: handgun, shotgun, small rifle, big rifle. After talking to my buddies a lot and seeing a few good sounding online sources (here's one I thought was good), I'm trying to decide on actual guns now, and which one or two I should start off with. Home defense and target shooting is probably more of a consideration over actual hunting, so I just wanted to see if anyone had some good recommendations.

Handgun: Colt M1911A1 - durable as fuck, with a 7-round magazine of .45ACP rounds = Nice

Shotgun: You have a lot of options on this one; if you're looking to hunt, my personal preferences are the Winchester (Model 12), the Mossberg ATPS 500, and the Leone Italia 12-Gauge; but this one is pretty much buying one that looks good to you

Small Rifle: I'm not too up on my rifles, and you'll have to specify what comes to your mind when you say "small rifle"; you mean like bolt-action, semi-auto, auto? Again, I'm not too up on my rifles, but if you're looking for things oriented towards hunting and such, I have a personal preference for the M1 Garand and the Mosin Naget M1938 Carbine; both are excellent rifles, both are also sort of antiques and you should be able to find both at fairly reasonable prices.

Big Rifle: And finally you'll have to specify what comes to mind when you say "big rifle"; scoped, full auto, machine gun? Apparently since the automatic weapons ban was lifted a few years ago, you can get all sorts of weaponry now. AK47/CV47 is always a good choice, although I'm not sure what the latest model of that one is; you've also got your Parker Hale Model 85 if you're into some scoped action, very nice rifle. And'uh, there was this other one I came across recently that I'll have to find again. It was a 3-piece easily constructable/disassemblable civilian's rifle which was designed for the american outdoorsman. I'll see if I can find it later.

But for now, that lot ain't bad. Bear in mind firearms are fairly expensive, so if you've got the dough, plop up

--------------------

+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Nov 3 2006, 02:38 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Agents
Member No.: 41

dad's choice for his concealed handgun.

fires nice.

--------------------
32-bit whore

+Quote Post
pebkac
post Nov 3 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #27

From Atlantis to Interzone

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Nov 2 2006, 06:10 PM) *
Pshaw, a desert eagle served me very well in dealing with radscorpions and the ghoul infestation of Necropolis!

You also need some mentats.

--------------------
QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Oct 13 2006, 09:51 PM) *
Holy shit, pebkac, you're awesome!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (AKA Dr. Seuss)

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Nov 3 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Nov 3 2006, 02:38 AM) *
dad's choice for his concealed handgun.

fires nice.

I love that gun and you're right it fires awfully nice...

If you want home defense, I wouldn't go with any gun that shoots less than a .40. 9mm is just too small of caliber to truly be a stopping weapon. If someone is in your home and is there to cause harm, a 9mm isn't going to do much.

--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Nov 3 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #29

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Hartmann @ Nov 3 2006, 08:25 AM) *
I love that gun and you're right it fires awfully nice...

If you want home defense, I wouldn't go with any gun that shoots less than a .40. 9mm is just too small of caliber to truly be a stopping weapon. If someone is in your home and is there to cause harm, a 9mm isn't going to do much.

horseshit

go shoot someone with a 9 and tell me if it incapacitates them.

that's the dumbest theory ever. even something small like a .25 will stop someone cold in their tracks. it might not kill them, but it will sure as hell make them rethink their path towards you or your valuables

-w

+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Nov 3 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Jessica @ Nov 3 2006, 08:47 AM) *
horseshit

go shoot someone with a 9 and tell me if it incapacitates them.

that's the dumbest theory ever. even something small like a .25 will stop someone cold in their tracks. it might not kill them, but it will sure as hell make them rethink their path towards you or your valuables

-w

It's a theory but I have seen it proven... Watch COPS and see what happens when they have to take out some cracked out of their gourd. The people keep coming even after a couple of rounds are put into them.

Now, me, a 9mm would incapacitate. Headshots and center mass shots are much harder than people think. A Sig .40 or .45 will knock someone down even if you hit them in the arm (considering it will blow it off).

Geez will, didn't know you were so sensitive. Take a deep breath, it's me, Stephan.

--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."

+Quote Post

77 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 12:36 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com