Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exercise Routine
James
post Feb 23 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #16

Fool

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Lancifer @ Feb 23 2006, 11:38 AM)
probably, maybe that's the mind trick buddhist monks use to stay so skinny, raising their heart rate with thoughts

Might be how they're able to stay warm up in the mountains. Or is that a different kind of monk? You know what I'm talking about though, I'm sure.

--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rocky
post Feb 24 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #17

ROCKPACALYPSE NOW

Member No.: 13

Chest/Tricep
Bicep
Legs
Shoulders
Back

Not always in that exact order, but thats the general idea. Cardio (elliptical nowadays) a few times a week. Sometimes 1 time a week when lazy...usually 2-4x a week.

My lifting style is based on listening to my body. I have schedule on what muscle groups to work, but I never go in with an exact plan of exercises. I just try to keep to a general paradigm. My approach is to gain more strength with focus on heavy weight that I can only rep ~3 times. Support exercises (name i just kinda made up for em) such as anything on the cords machines and the sort, I go for 6-8 reps. those lifts don't really seem to be catered towards fighting for rep 3 and 4 as much as just making a metal face through ~7.

--------------------
QUOTE (Lance)
now we have some dude from argentina wondering how to fuck dogmeat

+Quote Post
moebary
post Feb 24 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #18

Eric The Sexy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 30

I used to do more reps, around 8. Now I do about 4 or 5, as I progress to more weight I try to do at most 3.

+Quote Post
saxetak
post Feb 24 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 62

i used to work out 5-6 times per week...
so, my routine was usually mwf - 40min cardio, t - upper body, th - lower body.

now, i work out a lil less (3-4 times per week), so i do whatever i feel like doing that day, but i kinda alternate cardio and weight training... yea...

+Quote Post
Mommy
post Feb 24 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #20

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

Ive never worked out voluntarily. The only time I have is when I took a PF&W class or when I had PE in high school and shit.

If I did work out, I would never run. I think I would just do crunches.

If playing full-court basketball counts as working out...then I guess I used to do that all the time.

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Feb 24 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #21

DEATH TO ....something?

Member No.: 55

before I let myself turn into a total lardass this semester...

I'd do an hour of cardio, then

M ... Upper back, biceps.....Usually do dumb-bell rows, lat pulldowns, then seated rows, then do 'normal' curls and then preacher curls

T ... Chest, Triceps, Shoulders ... Dumbbell presses for shoulder and chest, then incline bench. Switch up between barbells and dumbbells when fancy hits. Usually do pulldown things for triceps or nosebreakers.

W ... legs....loaded squat press or squats, then calf raises

R ... Lower back if no hockey, other than that same as monday

F ... Sames as Tuesday

S ... Same as Wednesday.

That was what I was doing when I was in the second best shape of my life a year and a half ago, since I moved here I've let myself turn into a lardpile so I need to start doing that again sad.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
James
post Feb 25 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #22

Fool

It seems like doing very few reps wouldn't give you much strength endurance?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Feb 25 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #23

DEATH TO ....something?

QUOTE (James @ Feb 25 2006, 10:26 AM)

I would try and do 4 sets of each @ 10 reps.

I was kinda trying to go for a little bulk but mainly endurance....Nowadays cuz I suck so bad I mainly just like, suck...so I donly do like 2 excercises for each muscle group....I gotta stop being such a fat pussy and make myself a real human being again.

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
James
post Feb 25 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #24

Fool

QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Feb 25 2006, 09:29 AM)
I would try and do 4 sets of each @ 10 reps.

I was kinda trying to go for a little bulk but mainly endurance....Nowadays cuz I suck so bad I mainly just like, suck...so I donly do like 2 excercises for each muscle group....I gotta stop being such a fat pussy and make myself a real human being again.

Ditch the bitch, first then. It's all her fault.

Not really. It's all your fault laugh.gif You can keep her, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rocky
post Feb 25 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #25

ROCKPACALYPSE NOW

QUOTE (James @ Feb 25 2006, 09:26 AM)

I personally have no interest in lifting something over and over and over. That's for athletes like offensive linemen - the ability to lift a moderate amount for many reps is key to their job.

Over time, the heavy weight gets easier as you get stronger...so when I find myself popping somethin up for a fifth rep, I know its time to go heavier. I generally know I can then go back and lift that lighter weight for more reps if I wanted.

Every once in a while for a body shock its nice to just do some pure reps, but I can't stand having that as my lifting approach.

--------------------
QUOTE (Lance)

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Feb 25 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #26

DEATH TO ....something?

QUOTE (Rocky @ Feb 25 2006, 01:56 PM)
I personally have no interest in lifting something over and over and over. That's for athletes like offensive linemen - the ability to lift a moderate amount for many reps is key to their job.

Over time, the heavy weight gets easier as you get stronger...so when I find myself popping somethin up for a fifth rep, I know its time to go heavier. I generally know I can then go back and lift that lighter weight for more reps if I wanted.

Every once in a while for a body shock its nice to just do some pure reps, but I can't stand having that as my lifting approach.

if I actually had the first clue what I was doing in the weight room I'd probably say the same thing hahahaha .... It always takes me twice as long to work out as other people and I have way worse results.....

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Rocky
post Feb 25 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #27

ROCKPACALYPSE NOW

Time is key. I've known many people who spend way too long lifting, and I'll tell them how I do it and the kind of results I've got etc.

They then try to say how no they are doing it right, and I ask them why am I in the gym 1/2 the time they are, much stronger, and get gains faster then ? WHAT DO I KNOW

I think one of the main problems is that people read an exercise routine online or in a magazine and try to emulate it 100%. Everybody's body is different, so you should just take some ideas and incorporate them into how your body deals with it.

And here's a hint - your body probably isn't made to do the kind of routine that you will read about fully. People who write all out routines are usually athletes, powerlifters, bodybuilders etc....their body is their job. They eat specificely for it, have done years of training, and have CATERED THEIR ROUTINE FOR THEMSELF !

Seek direction and approach, not exact instructions !

--------------------
QUOTE (Lance)

+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Feb 25 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #28

DEATH TO ....something?

I do know that the best results I've had were when I started going for 8 reps at %15 more weight ... I'm so fucking outta shape now though I dunno if I should do that or try to tone up again before I 'actually start' lifting again.

Maybe I should think twice about re-installing warcraft like I'm doing right now and go back to the gym today smile.gif

--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!

+Quote Post
Junsui
post Feb 25 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #29

Formerly known as Ctex

Member No.: 23

I don't have an exercise routine. I might walk every once and awhile. smile.gif

+Quote Post
2wolUTT
post Jul 3 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,288

QUOTE (Junsui @ Feb 25 2006, 03:40 PM) *
I don't have an exercise routine. I might walk every once and awhile. smile.gif

You kinda look like Maura Tierney, good job. I might do the treadmill if I feel like running, hit the heavy bag or speed bag, jump rope, walk or something. Swim, jump on a trampoline.

--------------------
Fuckmuffin. That word and muffintop are the two coolest things I've ever seen on this place. What would happen if a fuckmuffin fucked a chick with a muffintop? That's a lot of muffins. A lot of motherfuffin muffuckins.
-TTULOW2

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2018 - 12:33 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com