Reply to this topicStart new topic
> check out this facebook group, alaskans making fun of texas
impala454
post May 7 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (lamont's lament @ May 7 2007, 12:14 PM) *
this is exactly what people care about, though. a true personal quality of life really can't be measured by just available jobs and income, it includes how many obese neighbors or fucking crack heads you have living in your area. you can take info from any angle, and i guess you can post all the "great" stuff you want, but that's not going to change anyone's opinion. texas is just an all around shit package, and i honestly can't believe anyone with the slightest bit of education and non-conservative ideals would enjoy being here.
and i thought some of you had jobs, but i must be mistaken.

so, of all the topics we've discussed here, how would you rank them as they affect how "good" a state is. or rather, if you were going to move there.

Cost of Living
Employment Growth
Income
Taxes
Pollution
Education
Poverty
Driving (not sure really how to categorize this)
Sexual Tolerance (also not really sure how to categorize this)
Racial Tolerance
Religious Tolerance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GOB
post May 7 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #47

monogamous gays & stem cells

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (impala454 @ May 7 2007, 12:26 PM) *
so, of all the topics we've discussed here, how would you rank them as they affect how "good" a state is. or rather, if you were going to move there.

Cost of Living
Employment Growth
Income
Taxes
Pollution
Education
Poverty
Driving (not sure really how to categorize this)
Sexual Tolerance (also not really sure how to categorize this)
Racial Tolerance
Religious Tolerance

i understand you can(and do. always.) form an argument against anything that anyone ever posts ever, so i'm no longer going to respond to your posts.

people don't like texas, get over it. i think it's great that you people are so proud of where you're from because i'm from nowhere (though i would consider colorado my "home"). there's nothing you could possibly do to rectify the rest of the country hating texas.

+Quote Post
impala454
post May 7 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 48

I never said texas wasn't hated, or attempted to change that fact. I'm simply saying that, by standards that people use to determine a place to live, texas is a great place to live. so great, in fact, that people (such as yourself) who hate the place, live here!

+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post May 7 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #49

CHEE CHEE

Member No.: 39

i think this is blown out of proportion. i think most people in america just dont give a fuck. you really think people in kansas are posting on their messageboards going GODDAMN.... GODDAMN. ARGH TEXAS i am willing to bet not. the silly shit about the hate because bush is from here is so stupid i believe it must be a joke.

i like texas because its nearly always warm! screw having to "layer up". if i ever want to snowboard again i can take a vacation! thats what snow is for vacations
i like texas because we have mountains, lakes (reservoirs so what KEVIN), forests, cool swamp land national parks (the one in houston is badass looking), coastline, plains, hills. we got everything put together. and it can still take more than a day to get there! BUT road trips in texas are fun because you see some crazy shit. and because texans have some inborn pride thing these towns of 10 people are less are hugely welcoming and always have some sort of museum or cool place to eat. TEXAS PEOPLE ARE NICE! (except east texas then just watch out - but every state has a part where they're like ehhhhhh)
AND where else can you live in a huge city and can afford to be "poor" in comparison to many other states. Appalachia W. Virginia may be cheaper to live but having the hills have eyes who have never seen an "outsider" as a neighbor wouldnt be fun

when i traveled a lot i knew shit tons of people that started moving around in texas and even more that wanted to see texasx. the hate here isnt a fair representation of whats out there

--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might

+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 7 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 327

I think lamont thinking there's a country-wide hatred of texas is distorted by both colorado and san diego.

there are an asston of annoying hicky-hick ass texans in san diego due to the abnormally high military presence there.

and colorado hates us because we hick up their state by skiing and buying real estate.

sounds like someone's having a case of the mondays...

+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 7 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #51

New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (cupcake @ May 7 2007, 12:06 PM) *
is lamont gay?
if he isnt, he secretly wishes he were

+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 7 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (cupcake @ May 7 2007, 01:11 PM) *
I think lamont thinking there's a country-wide hatred of texas is distorted by both colorado and san diego.

there are an asston of annoying hicky-hick ass texans in san diego due to the abnormally high military presence there.

and colorado hates us because we hick up their state by skiing and buying real estate.

sounds like someone's having a case of the mondays...

but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW

+Quote Post
pysex
post May 7 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #53

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Member No.: 49

understand that a lot of the hate is actually complete and total ignorance

people i talk to outside of texas (mostly new england states and northern states) have asked me in the past if we actually have trees

i ask them if they're joking

they say no

so it's people that have some kind of established view or understanding of what texas is that then base their hatred off of it...

if you want a bad state to live in....go live in Louisiana or New Mexico....or maybe try Alabama.

--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."

+Quote Post
GOB
post May 7 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ May 7 2007, 12:45 PM) *
the hate here isnt a fair representation of whats out there

it really is, though, but it's more of what alex said, because most people don't know what's down here, nor do they care or want to hear about it all the time.

+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 7 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 327

it really is, though,

I think you might be seriously delusional...

most people either don't care, or think it's a novelty (like in NYC...native NYers dig texans).

most people don't intrinsically hate texans...unless they live in san diego or colorado (like I already stated), and even then they don't hate us that bad, or I wouldn't have had surf buddies and girlfriends...

nor do they care or want to hear about it all the time.

ANYONE who talks about other places and how cool they are all the time gets annoying. I don't think that is limited to texans...

+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 7 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #56

I think Texans just want to be hated. YEEEEEHAW

+Quote Post
pysex
post May 7 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #57

i think people should make it an effort to travel outside of their home state and see what other states are like and what the people are like before they get to pass judgement

--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."

+Quote Post
GOB
post May 7 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (cupcake @ May 7 2007, 01:29 PM) *
I think you might be seriously delusional...

most people either don't care, or think it's a novelty (like in NYC...native NYers dig texans).

most people don't intrinsically hate texans...unless they live in san diego or colorado (like I already stated), and even then they don't hate us that bad, or I wouldn't have had surf buddies and girlfriends...
ANYONE who talks about other places and how cool they are all the time gets annoying. I don't think that is limited to texans...

so only two areas of the country dislike texas? isn't this group about alaska claiming superiority? most people aren't going to tell you to your face that they don't like something about you, but i guarantee they held being a texan against you in one way or another.

and aren't you like 30? you've got a job right (like i already asked)?

nobody intrinsically hates anything. reading/watching the news just about takes care of that. fattest cities in america, worst violent crime rates, mexicans, george w, etc, etc...

and everything is bigger and louder in texas, so while not limited to, it's pretty much centered on texans.

+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 7 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (lamont's lament @ May 7 2007, 01:33 PM) *
so only two areas of the country dislike texas? isn't this group about alaska claiming superiority?

and aren't you like 30? you've got a job right (like i already asked)?

nobody intrinsically hates anything. reading/watching the news just about takes care of that. fattest cities in america, worst violent crime rates, mexicans, george w, etc, etc...
Are you continually asking people if they have jobs because we are posting on here? Youre behind a computer too. Im sure there is something more constructive you could be doing....

Texas: beautiful cities, wide range of landscapes and climates (mountains, hills, plains, subtropical, desert), good sports teams (at least in basketball), city life, country life, cultural diversity, (why the fuck would people look badly at Texas because of the President...), Florida has the worst violent crimes, fat people are everywhere not just in Houston, prestigious schools,

yeah, not complete sentences. Dont care.

+Quote Post
pysex
post May 7 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #60

you have to admit that we got the shitty end of the deal by being bordered with mexico

maybe some people hate the fact that we're letting mexicans flood into America and not really doing much about it

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2019 - 04:49 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com