![]() ![]() |
Jan 11 2008, 06:53 AM
Post
#31
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
Yeah, luckily I hit I-10 from the north side of 610 and go east. basically i work over at the 290 & bingle area, and live in deer park. pretty insane drive, but it's not bad because i'm going the opposite direction of the mega traffic. Dude that's a freakin' jaunt to get to work... I guess it's better than living off of 290 though. To go home do you go 290 to 610 west southbound to I-10 east through downtown (picking up 610 on the other side)? -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM
Post
#32
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,329 Joined: 20-June 07 Member No.: 1,243 |
thus why changing lanes in an intersection is illegal.... the roads have lanes and signs for a reason It's actually not a ticketable (is that a word?) offense unless you get into an accident....then it's automatically your fault Somewhat similar to running a stop sign in a shopping center or any other form of private property. -------------------- ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 08:21 AM
Post
#33
|
|
![]() Group: Agents Posts: 4,026 Joined: 23-February 06 From: lu-bok Member No.: 41 |
Yeah, luckily I hit I-10 from the north side of 610 and go east. basically i work over at the 290 & bingle area, and live in deer park. pretty insane drive, but it's not bad because i'm going the opposite direction of the mega traffic. im inside 610, anytime i need to go out west on i10 i just roll on memorial as far as i can then pop onto anything else. so far i havnt had to go out too far that way, so memorial does the trick. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 08:55 AM
Post
#34
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
im inside 610, anytime i need to go out west on i10 i just roll on memorial as far as i can then pop onto anything else. so far i havnt had to go out too far that way, so memorial does the trick. Memorial is fantastic as soon as you get to where it's four lanes with a center divider. Once they fix I-10 the sheer volume of traffic on Westpark should die down. I've actually found it's easier to take Westpark to 59 north to my downtown or near downtown destinations rather than braving 10. -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 09:57 AM
Post
#35
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
Dude that's a freakin' jaunt to get to work... I guess it's better than living off of 290 though. To go home do you go 290 to 610 west southbound to I-10 east through downtown (picking up 610 on the other side)? Yeap, works pretty good too. the 610W south to I-10 leg is really the only slow part. Otherwise I'm always going opposite of the bad traffic (i.e. heading west on 290 in the morning, east in the evening, etc). Usually only takes me about 35-40 mins at most in the mornings, and before the time switch 35-40 mins going home (for some damn reason people drive slower in the dark). I'm tryin to decide where to buy a house, and yeah 290 is out of the question. It seems pretty much every suburb is going to be about the same travel time for me so I'll prob just stick around the SE side. |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM
Post
#36
|
|
![]() New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008 Group: Members Posts: 8,635 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Port Wentworth, GA Member No.: 15 |
It's actually not a ticketable (is that a word?) offense unless you get into an accident....then it's automatically your fault ok you used to tell me when this when we were together... both are ticketable, especially the first one. 1) I talked to a cop and 2) Stephanie has gotten a ticket for it. I don't know where you get that from, but it's wrong.
Somewhat similar to running a stop sign in a shopping center or any other form of private property. |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 03:58 PM
Post
#37
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,329 Joined: 20-June 07 Member No.: 1,243 |
ok you used to tell me when this when we were together... both are ticketable, especially the first one. 1) I talked to a cop and 2) Stephanie has gotten a ticket for it. I don't know where you get that from, but it's wrong. I got the information from a cop as well. Leave it to law enforcement to not know the law And the way Stephanie drives was probably more of a contributing to her getting a ticket than whatever she got a ticket for. She's gotten how many, 30? -------------------- ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 04:20 PM
Post
#38
|
|
|
I was raised on the dairy, BITCH! Group: Members Posts: 3,080 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Cedar Park Member No.: 49 |
It's actually not a ticketable (is that a word?) offense unless you get into an accident....then it's automatically your fault Somewhat similar to running a stop sign in a shopping center or any other form of private property. changing lanes INSIDE of an intersection is illegal... changing lanes BEFORE an intersection is not... also you can't be sitting at a light wanting to turn left and then decide oh whoops i should go straight...that's illegal as well switching over 4 lanes of traffic before a light is illegal lots of lane switching laws -------------------- "Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
|
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 04:43 PM
Post
#39
|
|
![]() START THE REACTOR! Group: Members Posts: 874 Joined: 23-February 06 Member No.: 52 |
I fucking love memorial, I haven't been on I-10 in two years because of this road, in fact, it takes me from the beltway(west) to downtown with a minimum of effort. Memorial is god's chosen road.
-------------------- FUCK YOU
|
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 04:52 PM
Post
#40
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
...... and he's spent.
|
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 11:36 PM
Post
#41
|
|
|
I was raised on the dairy, BITCH! Group: Members Posts: 3,080 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Cedar Park Member No.: 49 |
FUCK
-------------------- "Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
|
|
|
|
Jan 12 2008, 09:55 PM
Post
#42
|
|
![]() GORILLA FLUFFER Group: Agents Posts: 7,711 Joined: 23-February 06 From: lubbock Member No.: 50 |
-------------------- |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 4th October 2026 - 04:33 AM |