IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Austin!, Your recommendations
cupcake
post Jan 8 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #46





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



Austin?!



+



x

multitudes of trustafarians



=

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Jan 8 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #47





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



Haha "Best Wurst". Pretty catchy.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Jan 8 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #48





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



Tomo on Parmer Lane if you like sushi. smile.gif


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jan 9 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #49


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (kcroxyoursox @ Jan 8 2008, 04:01 PM) *
Ok so Vegas is out because we are too poor. New destination: Austin. So for those of you from there/living there now - entertainment suggestions? We will be there for spring break, so definitely will do 6th Street. What about food? Preferably something local, but not too bizarre...

PS - mods can split into separate threads if you want. Just thought I'd conserve space.
food... I say Katz's Deli... its on 6th but further down from the bars, but its open 24/7 so its a neat place to go after you go out at night
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pysex
post Jan 9 2008, 07:00 AM
Post #50


I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!


Group: Members
Posts: 3,080
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Cedar Park
Member No.: 49



I don't know how I missed this thread but if you like music...SXSW during spring break.


PROBABLY ALREADY MENTIONED BUT I THOUGHT ID GIVE IT A SHOT!


--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
theIncredibleEdi...
post Jan 9 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #51





Group: Members
Posts: 1,566
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 66



QUOTE (Jessica @ Jan 9 2008, 12:27 AM) *
food... I say Katz's Deli... its on 6th but further down from the bars, but its open 24/7 so its a neat place to go after you go out at night


Katz's is good drunk food LOL We hit that up here in Houston on Montrose after the bars
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Jan 9 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #52





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



Depending on what you enjoy doing, I can tell you a million things to do

Just avoid 6th street. It might be the most overrated place in the Western Hemisphere


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
theIncredibleEdi...
post Jan 9 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #53





Group: Members
Posts: 1,566
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 66



QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 9 2008, 08:28 AM) *
Depending on what you enjoy doing, I can tell you a million things to do

Just avoid 6th street. It might be the most overrated place in the Western Hemisphere


That I have to agree with....Austin's bar scene is overrated, and at best juvenile.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Jan 9 2008, 10:23 AM
Post #54





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



QUOTE (TTUAthleticTrainer @ Jan 9 2008, 08:43 AM) *
That I have to agree with....Austin's bar scene is overrated, and at best juvenile.


Yep, hence my recommendation to go to the side street bars and chill. Usually (sometimes) cheaper and not as juvenile.


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
kcroxyoursox
post Jan 9 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #55


No day but today...


Group: Members
Posts: 773
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 5



QUOTE (pysex @ Jan 9 2008, 08:00 AM) *
I don't know how I missed this thread but if you like music...SXSW during spring break.
PROBABLY ALREADY MENTIONED BUT I THOUGHT ID GIVE IT A SHOT!

It ends the 16th, and we will be there starting the 17th sad.gif


--------------------
Forget regret
or life is yours to miss
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
kcroxyoursox
post Jan 9 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #56


No day but today...


Group: Members
Posts: 773
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 5



QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 9 2008, 09:28 AM) *
Depending on what you enjoy doing, I can tell you a million things to do


Well, we're all 21 so any neat bars/clubs maybe. We'd like to do some outdoorsy stuff, maybe hiking or something in a big park. Basically, stuff that's unique to Austin, or at least not stuff we could do in Lubbock (or DFW if you want to stretch it - why go on vacation to do a whole bunch of things you could do at home without paying for a hotel?)

I don't want to plan the whole trip on a strict itinerary necessarily, but we won't have Internet access to be able to get up and research stuff every morning. So if I get a whole bunch of ideas now, then we're a step ahead by already having the info gathered together so we can make a quick choice and be off on our next adventure!


--------------------
Forget regret
or life is yours to miss
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Jan 9 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #57





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



I guess you could consider getting run over by an inconsiderate asshole on a bicycle "uniquely Austin"

Cuba Libre is really good and classy. I wouldn't plan on drinking much there though unless you plan on taking out a second mortgage


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Jan 9 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #58


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I say go to 6th street.... especially if you have never been there before. Its an experience.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pysex
post Jan 9 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #59


I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!


Group: Members
Posts: 3,080
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Cedar Park
Member No.: 49



go walk around the capitol

congress has some neat stuff too


6th street isn't all overrated...just a good portion of it


--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Jan 9 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #60





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



South Congress.

The bats won't be out as much as they are in summer but you can attempt it. Try some Amy's ice cream (try the Shiner flavor) and walk around South Congress. It's an experience that is definitely Austin.


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 02:07 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com