![]() ![]() |
Jul 9 2007, 04:36 PM
Post
#46
|
|
![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 572 Joined: 23-February 06 Member No.: 33 |
The Internet so yall can bitch on it. cover your heart, indy, cover your heart i wish i did bitch on the internet more, then i would never have to use gasoline. and i could grow my own food, so that i would not have to pay higher food costs from increasing gasoline prices. wait, this is starting to sound too amish, and i do not like butter enough or churning. time to go complain in the real world! |
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 04:36 PM
Post
#47
|
|
|
Fool Group: Members Posts: 2,127 Joined: 23-February 06 From: LBB Member No.: 56 |
Ok. I don't know what I was thinking. Go back to bitching about gas prices.
-------------------- Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
|
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 04:40 PM
Post
#48
|
|
|
I was raised on the dairy, BITCH! Group: Members Posts: 3,080 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Cedar Park Member No.: 49 |
impala i can't honestly tell if you're trying to be an asshole or if it comes naturally
there are ways that a president can pressure congress into taking action against raising oil prices... i have no knowledge as to what the practices and procedures are for doing so....i can't give details... but know for damn sure the president, if he's interested at all, can do something about it i'm not blaming him or pointing fingers saying that Bush is the cause of it...i'm simply upset that he hasn't done anything or shown signs that he's concerned about it i think the real culprit is the major conflict in the areas where we get most of our oil....the nations that are involved in OPEC sure OPEC doesn't have much of a stranglehold on the oil market anymore but they still hold 2/3 of the world's oil and something like 50% of the world's oil production Iraq, Indonesia, Iran, Kuwait, Libya, Angola, Algeria, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela all make up OPEC....Now find countries out of that list that might have issues with our involvement in the Middle East (whether it's military, economical, political, whatever) and then explain how gas prices could possibly be affected by that. call me libertarian then if you really have to label me -------------------- "Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
|
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 04:41 PM
Post
#49
|
|
|
Group: Admin Posts: 6,906 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Austin Member No.: 9 |
no if you say close the borders you're a libertarian Actually, the traditional Libertarian stance on immigration is a policy of open borders, though it is an issue of significant controversy within the Libertarian community. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 08:39 PM
Post
#50
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
LMFAO Sorry, not that simple in the real world, chief. sure it is. while gas is something we have to have, if we'll pay anything for it, they'll charge anything for it. gas goes to $3.00/gallon, and yet people are spending more money than ever, travelling more than ever. like will said, there's so much frivolous spending, the market just doesn't show us that $3.00/gallon gas is too much. |
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 08:47 PM
Post
#51
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
impala i can't honestly tell if you're trying to be an asshole or if it comes naturally it comes naturally for me on these kinds of message boards there are ways that a president can pressure congress into taking action against raising oil prices... i have no knowledge as to what the practices and procedures are for doing so....i can't give details... but know for damn sure the president, if he's interested at all, can do something about it so you don't know how, you just know for sure? i'm not blaming him or pointing fingers saying that Bush is the cause of it...i'm simply upset that he hasn't done anything or shown signs that he's concerned about it right, but what I was getting at was not necessarily Bush but the president's job in general. any president. you said you wanted a president that will help with gas prices, but then you also said you want a president who doesn't concentrate on foreign affairs. I'm saying is what you want is impossible. foreign affairs are key when you're talking about oil. just as you said here: i think the real culprit is the major conflict in the areas where we get most of our oil....the nations that are involved in OPEC sure OPEC doesn't have much of a stranglehold on the oil market anymore but they still hold 2/3 of the world's oil and something like 50% of the world's oil production Iraq, Indonesia, Iran, Kuwait, Libya, Angola, Algeria, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela all make up OPEC....Now find countries out of that list that might have issues with our involvement in the Middle East (whether it's military, economical, political, whatever) and then explain how gas prices could possibly be affected by that. all I'm sayin is give the man/woman/whoever/whatever is president a break. they can't make everything kumbaya, especially when half of those countries you listed are at war or have a mortal hatred of one another or us. it's not a simple thing to just walk over there and make everyone get along, while also pleasing everyone back home. "excuse me, can you put down that AK-47 a sec, I need to buy some of your oil. oh and by the way can you give me a better price than last time? people over here gotta take road trips during the summer yanno". call me libertarian then if you really have to label me heh ok Actually, the traditional Libertarian stance on immigration is a policy of open borders, though it is an issue of significant controversy within the Libertarian community. ah... i was just winging that but it seemed logical. bleh |
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 08:57 PM
Post
#52
|
|
|
Group: Admin Posts: 6,906 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Austin Member No.: 9 |
all I'm sayin is give the man/woman/whoever/whatever is president a break. I won't give Bush much of a break because he's done too many shady/illegal things (yes, I am asserting that the NSA warrantless wiretapping program is illegal), but I do NOT blame him for gas prices. My solution to high gas prices was simple: I got a car with good fuel efficiency (typical for my '02 Echo is ~35 mpg. I pay less than $100/month for gas... big whoop. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 9 2007, 09:03 PM
Post
#53
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
I won't give Bush much of a break because he's done too many shady/illegal things (yes, I am asserting that the NSA warrantless wiretapping program is illegal), but I do NOT blame him for gas prices. My solution to high gas prices was simple: I got a car with good fuel efficiency (typical for my '02 Echo is ~35 mpg. I pay less than $100/month for gas... big whoop. right, or, just don't bitch about it I say. I pay my $80/wk and go about my business. |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 6th October 2026 - 01:36 AM |