![]() ![]() |
Jul 7 2007, 10:24 PM
Post
#31
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
|
|
|
|
Jul 8 2007, 07:36 AM
Post
#32
|
|
|
Fool Group: Members Posts: 2,127 Joined: 23-February 06 From: LBB Member No.: 56 |
Really? Which insurance company do you use? I've never heard of an insurance company not having a list of drugs, list of doctors, and list of procedures they will and will not cover.
-------------------- Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
|
|
|
|
Jul 8 2007, 02:05 PM
Post
#33
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
So letting a for-profit corporation make the decisions for you is better? Guess what, if I don't like it I can switch insurance companies to one that does use my doctor. -------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
Jul 8 2007, 02:49 PM
Post
#34
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 706 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Lubbock, TX Member No.: 20 |
If they'll cover you. You can apply, but that doesn't mean you'll get coverage.
-------------------- Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi |
|
|
|
Jul 8 2007, 07:05 PM
Post
#35
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
I work with a Canadian and we started talking about socialized programs... His main argument against the socialization of medicine was the fact that just because citizens don't "pay" for the healthcare doesn't mean they don't actually pay. It's paid for in heavy taxation.
Also, the amount of waste in a socialized system is extremely high according to my co-worker. He was saying that his wife (a nurse), used to get packets of gauze and instead of being individually wrapped, they come in a big packet that as soon as its opened has to be disposed of. They don't make any attempt to fix this or improve the system because there is no incentive to do so. -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 11:32 PM |