![]() ![]() |
Jul 4 2007, 07:53 PM
Post
#16
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
That's why I said: I know, my post was in response of your newer post. Sort of a "well, you should have said that instead" type response. Meh -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 12:07 AM
Post
#17
|
|
![]() Oh baby bring me down Group: Agents Posts: 4,115 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Way out yonder Member No.: 68 |
I was just commenting on idea that the high quality doctors that practice in the socialised system have been on fire lately. Actually they haven't. They cannot make good bombs! -------------------- Southern Rock, beer and bears!
![]() |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM
Post
#18
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
there are plenty of good doctors here. i sure as hell don't want the government choosing which one i go see.
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 08:17 AM
Post
#19
|
|
|
Fool Group: Members Posts: 2,127 Joined: 23-February 06 From: LBB Member No.: 56 |
No. Everything will work out in the end, and if it doesn't, oh well. I don't want my tax dollars going to pay for my sister's 20th kid twenty years down the road just because she can't keep her damn legs shut.
Once all the have-nots start dying from lack of health care, we'll become a healthier nation. -------------------- Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 09:11 AM
Post
#20
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
Once all the have-nots start dying from lack of health care, we'll become a healthier nation. you sorry bastard. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 09:26 AM
Post
#21
|
|
|
Fool Group: Members Posts: 2,127 Joined: 23-February 06 From: LBB Member No.: 56 |
For the record, I don't have any form of health care and haven't for several years, so I'm lumped in with the have-nots for now. Of course, I plan on fixing that problem soon, but I don't want the government paying it for me just because I won't. Pull the plug on me if it's serious. I have a hefty amount of life insurance if it comes down to that.
There are many opportunities available for a have-not to become a have. God bless America and those that seize the opportunity! -------------------- Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 10:14 AM
Post
#22
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
Do any of you really trust th government at all with any responsibility? I sure don't. I don't want them responsible for what doctor I see, what operation I can have, and any other medical decisions. I will fully admit that the insurance companies and the current health care situation is kind of out of control, causing the prices to go so high that those without insurance can't easily afford health care. But the reason America has good doctors is because of our free market and the ability for anybody to get an education, become a doctor, and make a shit ton of money if they're any good.
I don't want the government dictating health care, because then doctors will be paid one flat amount per procedure. If the government tries to save money by lowering health care costs, good doctors will leave for open markets where they can make better money, or stop practicing medicine for other business ventures. If the government decides to pay them well then it's coming out of MY pocket in the form of taxes. I don't want to walk down the street and see a dude smoking a cigarette and eating a big mac and know that my taxes are going to pay for his insulin when he develops Type 2 diabetes and his oxygen tank/medicine when he develops lung cancer. I know in a perfect world everybody would be treated for any medical condition and we would all be healthy. But this isn't a perfect world, it's a free country, and along with that comes the freedom for people to ignore health advice and treat their bodies like shit. Why should I pick up that tab? Our forefathers founded this country on the idea that we all be free to choose and free to prosper; That pretty much means we on our own and if you're so lazy that the government should provide everything for you then you need to move to France where they will embrace you. I've gotta cut this little rant short, I need to cook breakfast. And I swear to God, if one of you even mentions that damn movie Sicko I will poke holes through Michael Moore's shit so fast... -------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 10:21 AM
Post
#23
|
|
|
Fool Group: Members Posts: 2,127 Joined: 23-February 06 From: LBB Member No.: 56 |
Sicko.
What's up Jason! -------------------- Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 10:33 AM
Post
#24
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
Heh, I was waiting for someone to pull the "if you don't like it you can get out" arguement. Thanks for making my day, Jason!
And James: You didn't defend your cruel statement in the slightest. Try again. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 10:56 AM
Post
#25
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
Heh, I was waiting for someone to pull the "if you don't like it you can get out" arguement. Thanks for making my day, Jason! And James: You didn't defend your cruel statement in the slightest. Try again. If you want to boil my argument down to "if you don't like it you can get out" then so be it. Change is needed from time to time, but it's laughable when people want to change what makes America America. America was founded on the idea that anybody can succeed and prosper, not sit around playing Grand Theft Auto and collect checks from the government. If you don't like your country and what it stands for, then why wouldn't you leave? And I haven't seen you make one valid argument in this thread, so you've got some catching up to do. -------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 11:28 AM
Post
#26
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,329 Joined: 20-June 07 Member No.: 1,243 |
America was founded on the idea that anybody can succeed and prosper, not sit around playing Grand Theft Auto and collect checks from the government. Three words: Old Dirty Bastard -------------------- ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 11:59 AM
Post
#27
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
If you want to boil my argument down to "if you don't like it you can get out" then so be it. Change is needed from time to time, but it's laughable when people want to change what makes America America. America was founded on the idea that anybody can succeed and prosper, not sit around playing Grand Theft Auto and collect checks from the government. If you don't like your country and what it stands for, then why wouldn't you leave? And I haven't seen you make one valid argument in this thread, so you've got some catching up to do. C'mon...I'm just doing the "Impala in NPR" tactic! This country once stood for slavery, but that changed. I'm not saying every single aspect of the American medical system needs to be all of a sudden free to all at the expense of every single tax payer. What does need to be addressed is the major disparity between basic health care and financial standing.Why does a single dose of tylenol (two OTC liquigels) in a hospital cost $5+? Why does a meal for a family member that has come to visit cost an additional $25 for a dry salisbury steak? Both of these experienced first hand when my grandfather had heart surgery (a surgery I STRONGLY believe he was pressured to have, regardless of actual necessity, on the basis of financial gain for the surgeon...I examined the x-rays thoroughly as did my mother who has been a nurse for nearly 30 years and we did not see a blockage of 90 damn percent, only amild one that an angiogram could have handled...but I digress.). And just as James stated, I am in the same boat: I have been in the have-nots my whole life but am working strongly towards leaving that group forever. Many are in that group due to a general lack of work ethic and overabundance of laziness. Others are there due to cruel twists of circumstance, be them temporary or long term. I just find issue wit.h people that claim the best solution to these issues is to have certain out groups either die off or leave -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 12:32 PM
Post
#28
|
|
|
Fool Group: Members Posts: 2,127 Joined: 23-February 06 From: LBB Member No.: 56 |
My apologies. I did not intend to defend my statement's cruelty level. Rather, I was merely pointing out that I am currently lumped in with the have-nots by my own choosing. I could buy medical insurance, but I consider it a waste of money for healthy individuals between the ages of 18 and 25 and choose to invest the money I would spend on insurance into something that can return a profit.
Anyway, the beauty of America is that people can easily change their stars with a little hard work or a little luck. There's no reason to reward everyone just because they have a pulse. All it takes is one person to challenge the current system. Don't like the high price of prescription drugs? Become a pharmacist and instead of having a markup of several hundred percent, tone it down to maybe twenty-five percent. Don't like the excessive doctor's fees? Become a doctor, do away with all insurance support and handle financial matters with the patients directly. Others will follow or go out of business. -------------------- Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 03:05 PM
Post
#29
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 08:34 PM
Post
#30
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 706 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Lubbock, TX Member No.: 20 |
there are plenty of good doctors here. i sure as hell don't want the government choosing which one i go see. Do any of you really trust th government at all with any responsibility? I sure don't. I don't want them responsible for what doctor I see, what operation I can have, and any other medical decisions. So letting a for-profit corporation make the decisions for you is better? -------------------- Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 11:34 PM |