![]() ![]() |
Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Group: Members Posts: 33 Joined: 20-March 06 Member No.: 119 |
Don't we just wish we had socialized medicine in the U.S. Moreever don't we wish we had quality doctors like the lads in Great Britian.
|
|
|
|
Jul 3 2007, 06:55 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() monogamous gays & stem cells Group: Members Posts: 3,789 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 8 |
nope!
|
|
|
|
Jul 3 2007, 07:02 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
I'm against damn near anything that's socialized, especially they way the socialists (IE democrats) want to socialize it.
I don't give a flying fuck if you're a dejected, drug addicted illegal mexican or a white kid whose parents wanted a boy, you don't deserve to have health care for being a fuckup. -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
I'm against damn near anything that's socialized, especially they way the socialists (IE democrats) want to socialize it. I don't give a flying fuck if you're a dejected, drug addicted illegal mexican or a white kid whose parents wanted a boy, you don't deserve to have health care for being a fuckup. So you're against police/fire services? Basically, they are socialized programs (paid for by taxes). ::EDIT:: Edited out ambulance services. Fuck, don't know why I included that one. Those bills are AHHHHHHHHHHH insane. This post has been edited by Psykopath: Jul 4 2007, 01:10 PM -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 08:00 AM
Post
#5
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
So you're against police/fire/ambulance services? Basically, they are socialized programs (paid for by taxes). Right! It should be your own god damned fucking responsibility to get a bucket and put your house out if it's on fire! Why, back in my day we spit our own damned house fires out, AND WE LIKED IT!!!!! -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 08:49 AM
Post
#6
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
So you're against police/fire/ambulance services? Basically, they are socialized programs (paid for by taxes). Please tell me you don't honestly believe this? -------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 09:37 AM
Post
#7
|
|
![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 2,499 Joined: 23-February 06 From: El Paso Texas Member No.: 32 |
those who were obese, smokers, or drinkers would be fucked...might actually make this country get in shape
-------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 10:44 AM
Post
#8
|
|
![]() From Atlantis to Interzone Group: Global Moderators Posts: 2,512 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Somewhere in space and time Member No.: 65 |
The UK's health system is far fron being perfect. However, it is still better than ours. It costs a LOT less and the average Brit is healthier than the average American.
Secondly, high healthcare costs are the primary reason why employers are outsourcing jobs to Canada. They can even afford to pay Canadian employees more and it cost them less because they don't have to spend so much on healthcare. -------------------- Holy shit, pebkac, you're awesome! "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (AKA Dr. Seuss) "An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 11:13 AM
Post
#9
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 706 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Lubbock, TX Member No.: 20 |
So you're against police/fire/ambulance services? Basically, they are socialized programs (paid for by taxes). Please tell me you don't honestly believe this? Ambulance services don't count. You'll get a bill for that shit. You can add public schools, the library, and the USPS though. So, are you saying that police officers, fire fighters, teachers, and public library employee's aren't working for the government? The USPS is a government agency(not free, but subsidized. It's cheaper to mail stuff through the USPS than say UPS, FedEx, and DHL). If your cat is stuck in a tree and the fire dept. comes and help, will they send you a bill for services rendered? If you went to public school(elementary, middle, jr.high and high), did the school send your parent's a bill? When you go to the public library to use their computers and check out books, do they make you pay? Why don't you get a bill for these things? They're already paid for by our tax dollars. These are socialized services, paid for by the government. -------------------- Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 01:11 PM
Post
#10
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
Ambulance services don't count. You'll get a bill for that shit. You can add public schools, the library, and the USPS though. So, are you saying that police officers, fire fighters, teachers, and public library employee's aren't working for the government? The USPS is a government agency(not free, but subsidized. It's cheaper to mail stuff through the USPS than say UPS, FedEx, and DHL). If your cat is stuck in a tree and the fire dept. comes and help, will they send you a bill for services rendered? If you went to public school(elementary, middle, jr.high and high), did the school send your parent's a bill? When you go to the public library to use their computers and check out books, do they make you pay? Why don't you get a bill for these things? They're already paid for by our tax dollars. These are socialized services, paid for by the government. Sweet, you saved me the trouble. I owe you a beer (if I can find one you haven't tried). =P -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 03:21 PM
Post
#11
|
|
|
Group: Members Posts: 33 Joined: 20-March 06 Member No.: 119 |
I was just commenting on idea that the high quality doctors that practice in the socialised system have been on fire lately.
|
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 05:05 PM
Post
#12
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
Ambulance services don't count. You'll get a bill for that shit. You can add public schools, the library, and the USPS though. So, are you saying that police officers, fire fighters, teachers, and public library employee's aren't working for the government? The USPS is a government agency(not free, but subsidized. It's cheaper to mail stuff through the USPS than say UPS, FedEx, and DHL). If your cat is stuck in a tree and the fire dept. comes and help, will they send you a bill for services rendered? If you went to public school(elementary, middle, jr.high and high), did the school send your parent's a bill? When you go to the public library to use their computers and check out books, do they make you pay? Why don't you get a bill for these things? They're already paid for by our tax dollars. These are socialized services, paid for by the government. I know all of this, but I'm asking if he actually believes that healthcare should be paid for by our taxes just like these services are. I guess I should have made a full argument instead of a short post. I just don't think you can compare health care services to emergency services. -------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 05:16 PM
Post
#13
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
I know all of this, but I'm asking if he actually believes that healthcare should be paid for by our taxes just like these services are. I guess I should have made a full argument instead of a short post. I just don't think you can compare health care services to emergency services. Your original post made absolutely no mention of the question you've put forth here. I do believe that at least a partially subsidized form of health care would be an improvement to the current 'charge out the ass for every goddamned thing' medical system we have today. This post has been edited by Psykopath: Jul 4 2007, 05:17 PM -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 06:42 PM
Post
#14
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
we need to abolish government health care because it keeps the number of people living below the poverty line lower
-------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 07:51 PM
Post
#15
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
Your original post made absolutely no mention of the question you've put forth here. That's why I said: QUOTE I guess I should have made a full argument instead of a short post.
-------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 11:39 PM |