IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hummer greener than Prius
Spectatrix
post Jul 2 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #46





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



Awww, I'm so touched... happy.gif

Granted, Impala would probably disagree that I use logic on a regular basis. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Spectatrix: Jul 2 2007, 09:41 PM


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 2 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #47





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 2 2007, 06:24 PM) *
Now keep in mind that all of these things have been used for many years, and some for decades and centuries, way before a the concept of a Prius even existed.

yup. except the prius is the only one claiming to be all green and treehuggery
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Jul 2 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #48


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



hi


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Jul 2 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #49





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



Here's my post application right here
CODE
void Post()
{
   if(thread == null)
   {
       thread = new thread(InterestingFunnyStupidPointlessOrControversialSubject);
       thread.Start(initialpost);
   }
   while(boredatwork)
   {
     Argue(); Post(); Post(); Argue(); Argue(); Argue();  PissPeopleOff(0);
   }      
}

void Argue(bool windingdown)
{
  Post();
  if(windingdown)
  {
     int numtimesimpalacalledasshole = ReadReply();
     PissPeopleOff(numtimesimpalacalledasshole);
     Argue(false);
  }
  else
  {
     sarcasmlogicandsubtleinsults++;
     Argue(true);
  }

  Agree();
}

void PissPeopleOff(int assholenum)
{
   if(assholenum < 5)
   {
       Post();
       PissPeopleOff(ReadReply());
   }
   else
   {
       ExitThread();
   }
}

int ReadReply()
{
   return numberoftimesimpalacalledasshole;
}
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Jul 2 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #50


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



heh, very nice


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
dauss
post Jul 3 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #51





Group: Members
Posts: 706
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Lubbock, TX
Member No.: 20



QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 2 2007, 09:47 PM) *
yup. except the prius is the only one claiming to be all green and treehuggery

The car actually claimed that? Proof please.


--------------------
Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Jul 3 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #52


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 2 2007, 07:24 PM) *
The "hippie" douchebags that want to do nothing more than bitch and smoke pot (or go all sue happy) are.

The ones that actually care about the world around them, utilizing logic (not found to often on this website) instead of a fad feeling, are a-ok in my book.


In my actual real world experience dealing with so-called logical "environmentalists", I quite frankly can't find any real sort of logic despite their claims. I see obstructionist elitist mentalities that prevade virtually ever "sensible" thing thing they claim they do.

I've read through countless BLM, USFS, State DEQ's, etc proposals and papers on subjects ranging from deer migration and how this effects oil and gas pipelines to public access for snowmobile and OHV's to fucking MOUNTAIN BIKES. Hence far the vast majority of what I've read is a bunch of half-assed government beauracratic political statements made on part of government agencies for politicans scratching backs than I have actual environmental science.

If I had to give a very liberal estimate of how much of what so-called "environmental proposals" as far as allowing drilling operations and public access to national forests and other various types of land go, I'd say roughly %10 of what the environmentalists put out has anything to do with actually protecting "the environment" and the other %90 of it is pure political bullshit.


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Jul 3 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #53


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 3 2007, 11:17 PM) *
In my actual real world experience dealing with so-called logical "environmentalists", I quite frankly can't find any real sort of logic despite their claims. I see obstructionist elitist mentalities that prevade virtually ever "sensible" thing thing they claim they do.

I've read through countless BLM, USFS, State DEQ's, etc proposals and papers on subjects ranging from deer migration and how this effects oil and gas pipelines to public access for snowmobile and OHV's to fucking MOUNTAIN BIKES. Hence far the vast majority of what I've read is a bunch of half-assed government beauracratic political statements made on part of government agencies for politicans scratching backs than I have actual environmental science.

If I had to give a very liberal estimate of how much of what so-called "environmental proposals" as far as allowing drilling operations and public access to national forests and other various types of land go, I'd say roughly %10 of what the environmentalists put out has anything to do with actually protecting "the environment" and the other %90 of it is pure political bullshit.

I'll agree to a point. Just as any other interest group, environmentalists are heavily influenced by political motivations.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Jul 4 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #54


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:46 PM) *
I'll agree to a point. Just as any other interest group, environmentalists are heavily influenced by political motivations.


I guess the point that I'm trying to make is, I think I generally partake in "using the environment" so to speak a hell of a lot more than that people who vote for the people who claim they are protecting it.

Why in the world would I want to fuck up the outdoor world I love to be in? Seriously ...

If I thought for one second me riding a 4-wheeler, snowmobile, working in the oil and gas industry, shitting in the woods, etc ... was creating havoc I wouldn't be doing it.

I guess the way I see it is, they're paying me a pretty good wage, but it's sure as hell not enough to give up things that are important to me in that respect.


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Jul 4 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #55


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 4 2007, 09:04 AM) *
I guess the point that I'm trying to make is, I think I generally partake in "using the environment" so to speak a hell of a lot more than that people who vote for the people who claim they are protecting it.

Why in the world would I want to fuck up the outdoor world I love to be in? Seriously ...

If I thought for one second me riding a 4-wheeler, snowmobile, working in the oil and gas industry, shitting in the woods, etc ... was creating havoc I wouldn't be doing it.

I guess the way I see it is, they're paying me a pretty good wage, but it's sure as hell not enough to give up things that are important to me in that respect.

Speaking of 4-wheeler, snowmobiling, amidst the trees shatting...

We still need to go camping. ='(


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Jul 4 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #56


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 01:13 PM) *
Speaking of 4-wheeler, snowmobiling, amidst the trees shatting...

We still need to go camping. ='(


We must aquire women for this as well. We must .... bring them .... so that we can scare them!


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 08:40 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com