IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drugs
Psykopath
post Mar 11 2008, 01:01 PM
Post #31


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 10 2008, 03:03 PM) *
maybe in your little bubble of a world, in the real world 90% of the population uses legal drugs and at least 70% uses illegal drugs



QUOTE
I would like to see some reputable sources/studies to back up these numbers.



?


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Mar 11 2008, 01:04 PM
Post #32


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



If you're successful and smoking pot your job ain't very fucking hard, I'll put it that way.


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Mar 11 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #33





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 10 2008, 02:23 PM) *
From my experience and maybe this is because of the people I hang out with:

1. Only smart people smoke pot. People I knew at Tech that smoked it made straight A's and never studied. Same in the work-force, all the pot smokers I know excel and always have the best ideas.
2. Dumb people smoke alcohol. People I knew at Tech that drank alot failed all their classes. People I work with that drink a lot are losers and everyone hates working with them.
3. Pot opens you up to to new ideas, experiences, and expands the mind.
4. Alcohol dumbs you down and destroys the mind.



1. Dumbest statement I've ever read. You should see some of the scumbags I know in northwest Austin. People who can't even hold a job because they can't make it to their waitress job by 4 pm. Jessica can attest to how white trash some of the people at Fowler's are. Most of those people either didn't graduate high school or graduated and never made it to college. The ratio of fuckup stoners to intelligent stoners isn't even close

2. Smoking alcohol? Isn't that what Amy Winehouse tried to do?

3. Pot fools you in to thinking you're being opened up to new ideas. It does not expand the mind, it makes you dumber than shit. There's a reason stoners watch a lot of cartoons and Will Ferrell movies.

4. Correct


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Mar 11 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #34


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



QUOTE (Oasis @ Mar 11 2008, 01:10 PM) *
1. Dumbest statement I've ever read. You should see some of the scumbags I know in northwest Austin. People who can't even hold a job because they can't make it to their waitress job by 4 pm. Jessica can attest to how white trash some of the people at Fowler's are. Most of those people either didn't graduate high school or graduated and never made it to college. The ratio of fuckup stoners to intelligent stoners isn't even close

2. Smoking alcohol? Isn't that what Amy Winehouse tried to do?

3. Pot fools you in to thinking you're being opened up to new ideas. It does not expand the mind, it makes you dumber than shit. There's a reason stoners watch a lot of cartoons and Will Ferrell movies.

4. Correct


You have to take into account Lance also thinks that the Masons rule the universe and and the Illimaniti are going to kill us or whatever.

Conicidentally, I've rarley met people who aren't avid drug users who buy into this kind of thing.


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Mar 11 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #35


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Mar 11 2008, 02:22 PM) *
You have to take into account Lance also thinks that the Masons rule the universe and and the Illimaniti are going to kill us or whatever.

Conicidentally, I've rarley met people who aren't avid drug users who buy into this kind of thing.



humanity is good at justifying it's actions.... same thing i said the slavery poll thread..

we try to convince ourselves that our decisions are ok.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Mar 11 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #36


Do they ignore parts of reality?


Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,935
Joined: 23-February 06
From: South Overton!!!
Member No.: 46



I smoke pot because I want to get high. Stress usually does not help.... at least I quit smoking cigarettes! One less vice...


--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 11 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #37





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Mar 10 2008, 03:38 PM) *
Ok.

I'm not claiming that about myself in the slightest, but you're tossing out numbers concerning this issue with such a "matter of fact" tone.
Example:

Is your vision of the world the only one that exists?
But I digress, this will just become some ridiculous pissing contest.

I would like to see those studies though.


The Widespread Use of Drugs in America Today - Dr. Matthewson, George Washington University
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 11 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #38


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



Heh. I like that song.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Mar 12 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #39


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 10 2008, 03:03 PM) *
maybe in your little bubble of a world, in the real world 90% of the population uses legal drugs and at least 70% uses illegal drugs



QUOTE
I would like to see some reputable sources/studies to back up these numbers.


again.....?



(And yes, I like that song too. =P )


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 12 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #40





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



you're just asking to get banned aren't you
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Mar 12 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #41


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 12 2008, 09:18 AM) *
you're just asking to get banned aren't you

...
Why? Because I'm wanting sources to back up a large numerical claim? It's no different than me asking any other member on here to provide sources for their argument.
Why in the blue hell would that warrant a ban?

This post has been edited by Psykopath: Mar 12 2008, 10:41 AM


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 12 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #42





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



because you're taking the internet and this thread way too seriously

anyways, my statement stands unless you can come up with a study to refute it, the burden of proof is on you.
i'll be checking this thread every day for as long as i live and ask you where that study is at

where's your study to refute my claims?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Mar 12 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #43


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 12 2008, 12:32 PM) *
because you're taking the internet and this thread way too seriously

anyways, my statement stands unless you can come up with a study to refute it, the burden of proof is on you.
i'll be checking this thread every day for as long as i live and ask you where that study is at

where's your study to refute my claims?

Nah, you are if you're threatening a ban for calling you on some numbers and when you say you'll check this thread daily for the rest of your life...

Anyways, here are a few sources to pour over:
http://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publication...cs01/chap2.html
http://www.ojp.gov/bjs/dcf/du.htm
Couple of government studies, but I'm sure you won't trust those.

http://www.monitoringthefuture.org/pressre...es/07drugpr.pdf
U of M study on American teens.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 12 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #44


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I felt this appropriate right now...


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Mar 12 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #45





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 05:08 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com