![]() ![]() |
Mar 10 2008, 02:38 PM
Post
#16
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
Neither does yours or Cathryn's. Ok. I'm not claiming that about myself in the slightest, but you're tossing out numbers concerning this issue with such a "matter of fact" tone. Example: QUOTE maybe in your little bubble of a world, in the real world 90% of the population uses legal drugs and at least 70% uses illegal drugs Is your vision of the world the only one that exists? But I digress, this will just become some ridiculous pissing contest. I would like to see those studies though. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 02:40 PM
Post
#17
|
|
![]() New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008 Group: Members Posts: 8,635 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Port Wentworth, GA Member No.: 15 |
I fail to see how 70% could use illegal drugs. Maybe that's experiments with at least once in their lifetime, but I know 70% of people are not currently using drugs.
|
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 03:06 PM
Post
#18
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
well your opinion may be that but people who study this stuff say otherwise oh god here we go with the fucking "scientists" again -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 03:54 PM
Post
#19
|
|
|
CHEE CHEE Group: Members Posts: 5,026 Joined: 23-February 06 From: trapped in the hoezone layer Member No.: 39 |
you started it way back when!
would you consider a homeless bum to be more educated and knowledgeable about brain surgery or would you consider a brain surgeon to be more credible? -------------------- Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny Mighty males are strong and free Female monkey, not so lucky Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys Monkeys sticking other monkeys Monkeys wrong or monkeys right Mostly flexing monkey might |
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 06:43 PM
Post
#20
|
|
![]() GORILLA FLUFFER Group: Agents Posts: 7,711 Joined: 23-February 06 From: lubbock Member No.: 50 |
you started it way back when! would you consider a homeless bum to be more educated and knowledgeable THAN YOU? yes ::kicks the bee's nest:: -------------------- |
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 07:12 PM
Post
#21
|
|
|
Decepticon Commander Group: Members Posts: 269 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Lubbock Member No.: 44 |
From my experience and maybe this is because of the people I hang out with: 1. Only smart people smoke pot. People I knew at Tech that smoked it made straight A's and never studied. Same in the work-force, all the pot smokers I know excel and always have the best ideas. 2. Dumb people smoke alcohol. People I knew at Tech that drank alot failed all their classes. People I work with that drink a lot are losers and everyone hates working with them. 3. Pot opens you up to to new ideas, experiences, and expands the mind. 4. Alcohol dumbs you down and destroys the mind. 1. Sadly this isn't always the case, I've known my share of stupid bastards that smoke, but quite a few extremely intelligent people I know smoke and have tremendously successful lives thus far, but the last part about smokers excelling and being imaginative, I do agree on. 2. Drinking does make people difficult to work with, especially those people that do nothing but drink some alcoholic beverage for every single drink they put in their mouth. 3. Totally agree. 4. Totally agree. -------------------- ![]() |
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 08:23 PM
Post
#22
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
you started it way back when! would you consider a homeless bum to be more educated and knowledgeable about brain surgery or would you consider a brain surgeon to be more credible? Depends, you could learn a lot from a homeless bum if he was a brilliant scientist who chose to be a bum for personal reasons. -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Mar 10 2008, 10:49 PM
Post
#23
|
|
|
CHEE CHEE Group: Members Posts: 5,026 Joined: 23-February 06 From: trapped in the hoezone layer Member No.: 39 |
Depends, you could learn a lot from a homeless bum if he was a brilliant scientist who chose to be a bum for personal reasons. i can tell you from experience this is rarely the case -------------------- Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny Mighty males are strong and free Female monkey, not so lucky Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys Monkeys sticking other monkeys Monkeys wrong or monkeys right Mostly flexing monkey might |
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 12:50 AM
Post
#24
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
i can tell you from experience this is rarely the case I hang out with homeless bums a lot. It's where I learned particle physics. -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 01:05 AM
Post
#25
|
|
![]() Do they ignore parts of reality? Group: Moderators Posts: 2,935 Joined: 23-February 06 From: South Overton!!! Member No.: 46 |
i smoke weed occasionally
-------------------- A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?
-Philip K. Dick |
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 08:58 AM
Post
#26
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
I gotta agree with Psyko... Lance I understand where you're comin from, but I knew people in school who did pot that failed out and I also knew people who would drink like a fish wed-sun and made straight As. And saying that smoking pot "opens you up to new ideas and expands the mind" is just stupid.
|
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 10:52 AM
Post
#27
|
|
![]() From Atlantis to Interzone Group: Global Moderators Posts: 2,512 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Somewhere in space and time Member No.: 65 |
Pot's not so much different from alcohol in a lot of respects and completely different in others.
People who say pot isn't addicting are full of shit. It may not be physically addicting but it is definitely psychologically addicting. On the other hand, this means that simply smoking pot won't automatically get you addicted at a certain point, unlike alcohol which you will get addicted to if you drink enough of it (although this limit varies from individual to individual). Me personally, I smoke pot. But I only do it because I'm constantly around it. I honestly don't care one way or the other. I can smoke it all the time or not at all and it wouldn't make too much difference. Regarding the "it expands your mind" sentiment, that's bullshit. I've heard people say it about pot and alcohol and usually the people who say it are addicted one way or another. But I guess the point is that just because a person smokes pot doesn't necessarily make them a junk-food eating loser nor does it make them a genius. Same thing with alcohol. -------------------- Holy shit, pebkac, you're awesome! "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (AKA Dr. Seuss) "An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde |
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 11:00 AM
Post
#28
|
|
|
I was raised on the dairy, BITCH! Group: Members Posts: 3,080 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Cedar Park Member No.: 49 |
From my experience and maybe this is because of the people I hang out with: 1. Only smart people smoke pot. People I knew at Tech that smoked it made straight A's and never studied. Same in the work-force, all the pot smokers I know excel and always have the best ideas. 2. Dumb people smoke alcohol. People I knew at Tech that drank alot failed all their classes. People I work with that drink a lot are losers and everyone hates working with them. 3. Pot opens you up to to new ideas, experiences, and expands the mind. 4. Alcohol dumbs you down and destroys the mind. You're joking right? -------------------- "Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
|
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 11:39 AM
Post
#29
|
|
|
CHEE CHEE Group: Members Posts: 5,026 Joined: 23-February 06 From: trapped in the hoezone layer Member No.: 39 |
i used to think maybe marijuana isnt so bad till i met college pot heads. then my opinion changed completely. but yes alcoholics are also annoying
-------------------- Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny Mighty males are strong and free Female monkey, not so lucky Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys Monkeys sticking other monkeys Monkeys wrong or monkeys right Mostly flexing monkey might |
|
|
|
Mar 11 2008, 12:38 PM
Post
#30
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,302 Joined: 20-February 07 Member No.: 721 |
Some of the biggest idiots i've known smoked pot....
they also thought it made them smarter and "opened thier minds"... Pot makes idiots FEEL smart... alcohol makes them not remember they are dumb. Either way, both are vices taken by all kinds of people. Manylawyers are substance abusers, mostly because of the stress of thier jobs... its usually not to "expand" thier minds (NOT use thier mind would seem to be the reason to use drugs). Either way, over generalizing who use drugs is semi-retarded. All kinds of people use them for different reasons. -------------------- |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 05:36 PM |