IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drugs
Oasis
post Mar 10 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



How many people use drugs or know people who use drugs?

Nearly everyone I know smokes pot and a lot of em do coke. And contrary to what Jessica has said or what I've implied, I don't hang out with 18 year old losers. One of my roommates was the president of Fiji and the other one was the manager at Cricket's. We have a very nice house. Most all of my friends have college degrees and $50k+ jobs. They were the popular jocks in high school and the frat guys in college. Bar patrons and waitresses aren't the only people I know

And the weird thing is, the guys I used to hang out with in high school were the ones making fun of the pot smoking losers. They go to college, get a degree, get a career job...and now they're smoking pot. And just by looking at them, you'd never in a million years guess that they do drugs

Even my roommate's parents - who have been in real estate 30 years, are part of the country club scene, and make six figures a year - lit up a joint at our party a few weeks back. What the hell?

Either everyone is doing it now or I was just blind to the fact that everyone was doing it in college


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Mar 10 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #2


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



I already did enough drugs.

I don't need any more.


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Mar 10 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



Yeah so did I. It wasn't an issue when I was a freshman in college and the only thing I had to worry about was making it to Intro to Psychology on time.

But there's a big difference between being 18 and unemployed and being 25 and working for a Fortune 500 company.

That was the point of being young - to get all that shit out of your system


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Mar 10 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #4


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



the only person i know now that had used drugs is my sister and that was 3-4 years ago. and if there was ever an excuse for using drugs she had it!

if i were you id look into myself. theres a reason why people find themselves surrounded by certain types or dating certain types again and again. im not trying to call you out im being serious! its true.

and a person may have a college degree, earn a lot of money but they can definitely still be total losers not worth being around


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Mar 10 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #5


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



no the point of being young was to try and kill yourself without deliberatley killing yourself.

haha

at least thats' what mine was.


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 10 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #6





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



Drug use is much more widespread than you would imagine, especially pot since it's safer than alcohol.

A great number of people I work with uses it.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Mar 10 2008, 02:02 PM
Post #7


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



but illicit drugs are being used less and less in our society. the trend right now is against it.


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 10 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #8





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Mar 10 2008, 03:02 PM) *
but drugs are being used less and less in our society. the trend right now is against it.


maybe in your little bubble of a world, in the real world 90% of the population uses legal drugs and at least 70% uses illegal drugs
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Mar 10 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #9


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



well your opinion may be that but people who study this stuff say otherwise


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 10 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #10





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



as always, i can come up with studies to support my claims and you can come up with studies to support your claims

studies are useless because they're always biased to reflect the views of the researcher of the study
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 10 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #11


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I don't do drugs. Tried pot once...admittedly like 9 or 10 months ago. I hated it. I don't like not having 100% control. I know a lot of moron college graduates who are/want to experiment with drugs (coke, speed, roofies, etc) but I don't associate with them nor like them. No one I hang out with does drugs. There are a few guys (not gonna lie...they are pretty good looking) who live at my complex who smoke pot all the time. They come over and hang out on occasion with my roommate. I go to my room when they are here. They are the biggest fucking morons I have ever talked to. One of them was trying to get me to go to some insurance sales job thingy with him that was obviously a scam, and had he not smoked himself stupid and then some, he would have realized this. I hate them. They are annoying. I have only known 2 people that smoked pot that didn't annoy the shit out of me, and they were the two guys I smoked pot with that one time.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 10 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #12





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



From my experience and maybe this is because of the people I hang out with:

1. Only smart people smoke pot. People I knew at Tech that smoked it made straight A's and never studied. Same in the work-force, all the pot smokers I know excel and always have the best ideas.
2. Dumb people smoke alcohol. People I knew at Tech that drank alot failed all their classes. People I work with that drink a lot are losers and everyone hates working with them.
3. Pot opens you up to to new ideas, experiences, and expands the mind.
4. Alcohol dumbs you down and destroys the mind.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Mar 10 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #13


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 10 2008, 02:03 PM) *
maybe in your little bubble of a world, in the real world 90% of the population uses legal drugs and at least 70% uses illegal drugs

Legal as in just OTC stuff or 90% of the ... (American or World?)... population uses legally prescribed drugs?

At least 70% of the...again, American or World?...population uses illegal drugs?


I would like to see some reputable sources/studies to back up these numbers.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Mar 10 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #14


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Watchman @ Mar 10 2008, 02:23 PM) *
From my experience and maybe this is because of the people I hang out with:

1. Only smart people smoke pot. People I knew at Tech that smoked it made straight A's and never studied. Same in the work-force, all the pot smokers I know excel and always have the best ideas.
2. Dumb people smoke alcohol. People I knew at Tech that drank alot failed all their classes. People I work with that drink a lot are losers and everyone hates working with them.
3. Pot opens you up to to new ideas, experiences, and expands the mind.
4. Alcohol dumbs you down and destroys the mind.


I've seen the same and the opposite of both of your claims.
Not being a dick, but your own personal experiences/opinions don't qualify as universal law the world over.

This post has been edited by Psykopath: Mar 10 2008, 02:26 PM


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 10 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #15





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Mar 10 2008, 03:25 PM) *
I've seen the same and the opposite of both of your claims.
Not being a dick, but your own personal experiences/opinions don't qualify as universal law the world over.


Neither does yours or Cathryn's.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 05:06 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com