IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hypothetical Poll #1
Hypothetical
If you were born in the times of slavery and into a slave owning family, would you approve of slavery?
Yes [ 10 ] ** [55.56%]
No [ 8 ] ** [44.44%]
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
impala454
post Mar 4 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



I'm sure we can do more hyptothetical polls, hence the name #1
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Mar 4 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #2


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



who can really answer this question?


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Mar 4 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Mar 4 2008, 05:19 PM) *
who can really answer this question?

<retard voice>h-y-p-o-t-h-e-t-i-c-a-l</retard voice>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Mar 4 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #4


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



its just a stupid hypothetical


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
schwab
post Mar 4 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 1,761
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Lubbock/Dubai
Member No.: 57



well since i know exactly how i would feel if i was in that situation, i answered hypothetically


--------------------
bored...so i did this
http://beerlist.wetpaint.com/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Mar 4 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #6


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Mar 4 2008, 05:34 PM) *
its just a stupid hypothetical

this x 100


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 4 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #7


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



No way to say for sure, but I think that discounting everything I about civil rights and stuff today, I would probably still be against it because I wouldn't think it was just for anyone to have to live like that... even if they weren't considered equal
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
woody
post Mar 4 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #8





Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,499
Joined: 23-February 06
From: El Paso Texas
Member No.: 32



i'm going to vote yes cause i'm not about to bullshit myself on this one

if it's socially acceptable most people probably would have done it

kinda like having an illegal immigrant work as a maid or gardener. i know, it ain't slavery, but it's fucked up, people know it is, and still do it

12,000,000 can't be wrong


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Mar 4 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #9


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



I'm assuming I would approve of it because I'm a brainwashed right-wing military-indsutrial complex-supporting neocon

laugh.gif


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
chook
post Mar 5 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #10


Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,115
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Way out yonder
Member No.: 68



In all honestly, I probably would because its the way I grew up.


--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Mar 5 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #11





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



It's very interesting IMHO to see how people answer the question. You can tell those who perhaps think highly of themselves, or attribute their knowledge and wisdom more to the brain cells in their head rather than their experiences in life.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
jonathan83
post Mar 5 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #12





Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,558
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Seoul, South Korea
Member No.: 28



i've thought about this a lot before actually.

i think i would do it because it was just the way of life back then, and completely normal.
however, i think i'd be a cool master and be real nice to them. in other words, i wouldn't be a complete dick and treat them like pieces of garbage.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
schwab
post Mar 5 2008, 07:07 AM
Post #13





Group: Members
Posts: 1,761
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Lubbock/Dubai
Member No.: 57



QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Mar 5 2008, 03:50 AM) *
i've thought about this a lot before actually.

i think i would do it because it was just the way of life back then, and completely normal.
however, i think i'd be a cool master and be real nice to them. in other words, i wouldn't be a complete dick and treat them like pieces of garbage.


i would be a complete dick, possible torture for fun lancifer.gif


--------------------
bored...so i did this
http://beerlist.wetpaint.com/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pysex
post Mar 5 2008, 07:23 AM
Post #14


I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!


Group: Members
Posts: 3,080
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Cedar Park
Member No.: 49



if i was born in a slave owning family i probably would accept it because that's the environment i was raised in

so yes


--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 5 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #15


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I have morals completely different from my family and the environment I grew up in.... and different than the environment I am in now. I just think that if I saw a black person laughing or crying or doing the same things that I do, I couldn't enslave a person like that.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 07:40 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com