IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Key West
Oasis
post Feb 21 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



Anyone know of stuff to do in Key West, Florida? I'm going next month with my girlfriend and several of our friends. Unfortunately I'm already banned from going to spring training, and the only thing we have planned is a stupid fishing trip which I'm not going on. Not paying $800 to go out on a boat and fish because fishing is boring.

Looking for tourist attractions or something classier than getting wasted on the beach all day or kicking it at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville burger joint. I haven't been to Key West in like 20 years so I'm not up on the culture


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Hartmann
post Feb 21 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #2





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



The only thing worth doing in Key West is seeing Dry Tortugas National Park and maybe camping out there.

Other than that, there's antique shopping and that's about it.

If you can convince her to go, switch to San Juan, better food, cooler things to see, and definitely more interesting than seeing old person central.


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Feb 21 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #3


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



There are a lot of attractions in Key West. Mainly shopping and food. Coolest fucking place I have ever been to. Don't know how much longer I will be able to say that since I'm visiting Virginia and North Carolina (and possibly Pennsylvania) later this year, but as for now I think Key West is the shit.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pebkac
post Feb 21 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #4


From Atlantis to Interzone


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 2,512
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Somewhere in space and time
Member No.: 65



Isn't key west a big gay attraction now?


--------------------
QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Oct 13 2006, 09:51 PM) *
Holy shit, pebkac, you're awesome!



"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Theodor Seuss Geisel (AKA Dr. Seuss)

"An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
jwttu
post Feb 21 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #5





Group: Moderators
Posts: 885
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Lubbock, Texas
Member No.: 12



QUOTE (pebkac @ Feb 21 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Isn't key west a big gay attraction now?

yep when i went on a cruise that stopped there, it seemed like at lot of the places catered to the gay tourists
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 07:59 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com