Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Group: Admin Posts: 6,906 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Austin Member No.: 9 |
So earlier today I was driving back to work... I had to make a left turn, so I got in the center lane and put on my turn signal. Traffic coming the other way so I couldn't go yet. Little bit afterwards, someone coming the opposite direction also has to make a turn, so she gets in the center lane as well and puts on her signal. I'm scooched forward a bit, so she can't make her turn yet either (plus there was traffic coming, blocking her).
Just as traffic clears in the opposite direction and I move to make my turn, she decides she doesn't want to turn after all and moves back into her original lane, heading towards me. Now we didn't come close to hitting or anything, but if we had, who would be at fault? I started to turn before she made her lane change (plus I don't think she signaled for that), so would she have been at fault? -------------------- |
|
|
|
![]() |
Jan 10 2008, 05:46 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
bad days suck ass. speakin of bad days and road rage, i'm about to go have some fun w/this red & yellow mess:
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/ |
|
|
|
Jan 10 2008, 05:59 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Group: Agents Posts: 4,026 Joined: 23-February 06 From: lu-bok Member No.: 41 |
bad days suck ass. speakin of bad days and road rage, i'm about to go have some fun w/this red & yellow mess: http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/ i10 outside of 610 is shit. its under massive construction. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
i10 outside of 610 is shit. its under massive construction. Yeah, luckily I hit I-10 from the north side of 610 and go east. basically i work over at the 290 & bingle area, and live in deer park. pretty insane drive, but it's not bad because i'm going the opposite direction of the mega traffic. |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 06:53 AM
Post
#5
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
Yeah, luckily I hit I-10 from the north side of 610 and go east. basically i work over at the 290 & bingle area, and live in deer park. pretty insane drive, but it's not bad because i'm going the opposite direction of the mega traffic. Dude that's a freakin' jaunt to get to work... I guess it's better than living off of 290 though. To go home do you go 290 to 610 west southbound to I-10 east through downtown (picking up 610 on the other side)? -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
Jan 11 2008, 09:57 AM
Post
#6
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
Dude that's a freakin' jaunt to get to work... I guess it's better than living off of 290 though. To go home do you go 290 to 610 west southbound to I-10 east through downtown (picking up 610 on the other side)? Yeap, works pretty good too. the 610W south to I-10 leg is really the only slow part. Otherwise I'm always going opposite of the bad traffic (i.e. heading west on 290 in the morning, east in the evening, etc). Usually only takes me about 35-40 mins at most in the mornings, and before the time switch 35-40 mins going home (for some damn reason people drive slower in the dark). I'm tryin to decide where to buy a house, and yeah 290 is out of the question. It seems pretty much every suburb is going to be about the same travel time for me so I'll prob just stick around the SE side. |
|
|
|
Spectatrix Random traffic/at fault question Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM
Oasis It would all depend on the size of her breasts
Se... Jan 10 2008, 03:49 PM
FORSAKENR320 she was changing lanes in an intersection. it is ... Jan 10 2008, 03:50 PM
Oasis QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 03:50 ... Jan 10 2008, 03:51 PM

FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 10 2008, 03:51 PM) duu... Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM
Hartmann QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 03:50 ... Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM
Hartmann QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM... Jan 10 2008, 03:52 PM
impala454 In a sense you both had the same right of way seei... Jan 10 2008, 03:57 PM
Spectatrix QUOTE (Hartmann @ Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM) ... Jan 10 2008, 05:01 PM
impala454 just make sure you unbutton a button or two and sq... Jan 10 2008, 05:04 PM
Jessica If it were based on the size of breasts, Christine... Jan 10 2008, 05:18 PM
Watchman some idiot was driving down the center line and ta... Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM
Divergent Reality QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM) ... Jan 10 2008, 05:27 PM
impala454 QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM) ... Jan 10 2008, 05:33 PM
Watchman QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 10 2008, 05:33 PM)... Jan 10 2008, 05:36 PM
impala454 QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:36 PM) ... Jan 10 2008, 05:39 PM
Watchman QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 10 2008, 05:39 PM)... Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM) ... Jan 10 2008, 05:44 PM
Jessica But he sped around him because the dumbass was rid... Jan 10 2008, 05:37 PM
Watchman QUOTE (Jessica @ Jan 10 2008, 05:37 PM) B... Jan 10 2008, 05:39 PM
Jessica sometimes I think Im a guy because I too hate fema... Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM
Hartmann QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Jan 10 2008, 05... Jan 10 2008, 10:14 PM
Divergent Reality QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM)... Jan 11 2008, 08:21 AM
Hartmann QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Jan 11 2008, 08... Jan 11 2008, 08:55 AM
Testm0nkey i have been in 2 accidents but for one of them i w... Jan 10 2008, 09:27 PM
chook It depends where the car hit. since you are turni... Jan 10 2008, 10:21 PM
woody pulling this out of my ass if i was a cop
if you... Jan 10 2008, 11:00 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (woody @ Jan 10 2008, 11:00 PM) pul... Jan 10 2008, 11:53 PM
Oasis QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 11:53 ... Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM
Jessica QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM) It... Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM

Oasis QUOTE (Jessica @ Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM) o... Jan 11 2008, 03:58 PM
pysex QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM) It... Jan 11 2008, 04:20 PM
THECHICKEN i live in san antonio... i have yet to go a day wi... Jan 10 2008, 11:54 PM
rabble I fucking love memorial, I haven't been on I-1... Jan 11 2008, 04:43 PM
impala454 ...... and he's spent. Jan 11 2008, 04:52 PM
pysex FUCK Jan 11 2008, 11:36 PM
FORSAKENR320 RE: Random traffic/at fault question Jan 12 2008, 09:55 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 4th October 2026 - 03:13 AM |