IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Random traffic/at fault question
Spectatrix
post Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #1





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



So earlier today I was driving back to work... I had to make a left turn, so I got in the center lane and put on my turn signal. Traffic coming the other way so I couldn't go yet. Little bit afterwards, someone coming the opposite direction also has to make a turn, so she gets in the center lane as well and puts on her signal. I'm scooched forward a bit, so she can't make her turn yet either (plus there was traffic coming, blocking her).

Just as traffic clears in the opposite direction and I move to make my turn, she decides she doesn't want to turn after all and moves back into her original lane, heading towards me.

Now we didn't come close to hitting or anything, but if we had, who would be at fault? I started to turn before she made her lane change (plus I don't think she signaled for that), so would she have been at fault?


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
Hartmann
post Jan 10 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #2





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM) *
So earlier today I was driving back to work... I had to make a left turn, so I got in the center lane and put on my turn signal. Traffic coming the other way so I couldn't go yet. Little bit afterwards, someone coming the opposite direction also has to make a turn, so she gets in the center lane as well and puts on her signal. I'm scooched forward a bit, so she can't make her turn yet either (plus there was traffic coming, blocking her).

Just as traffic clears in the opposite direction and I move to make my turn, she decides she doesn't want to turn after all and moves back into her original lane, heading towards me.

Now we didn't come close to hitting or anything, but if we had, who would be at fault? I started to turn before she made her lane change (plus I don't think she signaled for that), so would she have been at fault?


I'm not really sure. I think the fact that the middle lane is not an acceleration lane may make her at fault, but then again, left turning traffic must yield to oncoming traffic.


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Spectatrix   Random traffic/at fault question   Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM
- - Oasis   It would all depend on the size of her breasts Se...   Jan 10 2008, 03:49 PM
- - FORSAKENR320   she was changing lanes in an intersection. it is ...   Jan 10 2008, 03:50 PM
|- - Oasis   QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 03:50 ...   Jan 10 2008, 03:51 PM
||- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 10 2008, 03:51 PM) duu...   Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM
|- - Hartmann   QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 03:50 ...   Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM
- - Hartmann   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jan 10 2008, 03:41 PM...   Jan 10 2008, 03:52 PM
- - impala454   In a sense you both had the same right of way seei...   Jan 10 2008, 03:57 PM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Hartmann @ Jan 10 2008, 03:53 PM) ...   Jan 10 2008, 05:01 PM
- - impala454   just make sure you unbutton a button or two and sq...   Jan 10 2008, 05:04 PM
- - Jessica   If it were based on the size of breasts, Christine...   Jan 10 2008, 05:18 PM
- - Watchman   some idiot was driving down the center line and ta...   Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM
|- - Divergent Reality   QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM) ...   Jan 10 2008, 05:27 PM
|- - impala454   QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM) ...   Jan 10 2008, 05:33 PM
|- - Watchman   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 10 2008, 05:33 PM)...   Jan 10 2008, 05:36 PM
|- - impala454   QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:36 PM) ...   Jan 10 2008, 05:39 PM
|- - Watchman   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 10 2008, 05:39 PM)...   Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM
|- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (Watchman @ Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM) ...   Jan 10 2008, 05:44 PM
- - Jessica   But he sped around him because the dumbass was rid...   Jan 10 2008, 05:37 PM
|- - Watchman   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jan 10 2008, 05:37 PM) B...   Jan 10 2008, 05:39 PM
- - Jessica   sometimes I think Im a guy because I too hate fema...   Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM
- - impala454   bad days suck ass. speakin of bad days and road r...   Jan 10 2008, 05:46 PM
|- - Divergent Reality   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 10 2008, 05:46 PM)...   Jan 10 2008, 05:59 PM
|- - Hartmann   QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Jan 10 2008, 05...   Jan 10 2008, 10:14 PM
|- - impala454   QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Jan 10 2008, 05...   Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM
|- - Hartmann   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM)...   Jan 11 2008, 06:53 AM
||- - impala454   QUOTE (Hartmann @ Jan 11 2008, 06:53 AM) ...   Jan 11 2008, 09:57 AM
|- - Divergent Reality   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jan 11 2008, 01:20 AM)...   Jan 11 2008, 08:21 AM
|- - Hartmann   QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Jan 11 2008, 08...   Jan 11 2008, 08:55 AM
- - Testm0nkey   i have been in 2 accidents but for one of them i w...   Jan 10 2008, 09:27 PM
- - chook   It depends where the car hit. since you are turni...   Jan 10 2008, 10:21 PM
- - woody   pulling this out of my ass if i was a cop if you...   Jan 10 2008, 11:00 PM
|- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (woody @ Jan 10 2008, 11:00 PM) pul...   Jan 10 2008, 11:53 PM
|- - Oasis   QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jan 10 2008, 11:53 ...   Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM
|- - Jessica   QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM) It...   Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM
||- - Oasis   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jan 11 2008, 12:00 PM) o...   Jan 11 2008, 03:58 PM
|- - pysex   QUOTE (Oasis @ Jan 11 2008, 08:00 AM) It...   Jan 11 2008, 04:20 PM
- - THECHICKEN   i live in san antonio... i have yet to go a day wi...   Jan 10 2008, 11:54 PM
- - rabble   I fucking love memorial, I haven't been on I-1...   Jan 11 2008, 04:43 PM
- - impala454   ...... and he's spent.   Jan 11 2008, 04:52 PM
- - pysex   FUCK   Jan 11 2008, 11:36 PM
- - FORSAKENR320   RE: Random traffic/at fault question   Jan 12 2008, 09:55 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th October 2026 - 03:15 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com