Jan 6 2008, 05:08 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() N 0 t h i n g Group: Members Posts: 1,449 Joined: 23-February 06 Member No.: 54 |
Leaving for Leeds, England next saturday for 2 months, and then Celle, Germany for a month. Any recommendations for must-see tourist attractions in either of those countries or surrounding areas? I'll definitely head over to France and go to Paris for first year anniversary, and I also intend to ski in the alps. But besides walking around and eating at strange places, what are some popular travel destinations?
-------------------- ![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
Jan 7 2008, 09:13 AM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
I guess it depends on what you are into.
It sounds like you will be there for Oktoberfest so I'd book a way to Munich and a hotel now if you plan to go (it may be too late to actually stay there). Skiing the Alps is always an adventure. Make your way to Austria and visit Salzburg and Vienna. In Salzburg you can go into the salt mines that are under the city and explore the above ground market (it's huge). Mozart was born in Salzburg, so that's interesting if you like music. Southern and western Germany are great places to visit as well and if you get a car there are tons of places to stop and eat amazing food and see really cool things. Denmark and the Czech Republic are complete opposites (IMO). Denmark is very free loving and you will see beautiful people everywhere you go. The Czech Republic is old... really old. It is amazing to see the ages of buildings there as you make your way across the country. If you have a chance, get to Moscow and/or Lichtenstein. There is also the Normandy beaches in France. It pretty much heavies the heart. Things I avoid when in Europe: Paris. If you want France, go to southern France. The Netherlands. I am not a fan of the Dutch so I avoid the Netherlands whenever I can. -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
Jan 7 2008, 02:45 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 926 Joined: 2-May 07 Member No.: 1,015 |
Denmark and the Czech Republic are complete opposites (IMO). Denmark is very free loving and you will see beautiful people everywhere you go. The Czech Republic is old... really old. It is amazing to see the ages of buildings there as you make your way across the country. I am in Copenhagen studying right now. It is fucking cold and super expensive... But the architecture is pretty sweet and most areas have some really good modern architecture/sculpture/art... -------------------- ![]() |
|
|
|
Forum Warrior Going to Europe Jan 6 2008, 05:08 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (Forum Warrior @ Jan 6 2008, 05:08 ... Jan 6 2008, 05:21 PM
Spectatrix Damn, man, what are you doing now that you can aff... Jan 6 2008, 06:56 PM
Forum Warrior Job is sending me there for training. Everything ... Jan 6 2008, 07:23 PM
DaveFireDancer19 NICE!! - have fun! Jan 6 2008, 07:54 PM
Spectatrix Very nice! Wish I had suggestions to make, bu... Jan 6 2008, 09:40 PM
schwab i just got back from eastern europe tonight...had ... Jan 6 2008, 11:08 PM
johnthedrunk goto a leeds united match. they're crap this ... Jan 7 2008, 08:54 AM
Dogmeat QUOTE (Forum Warrior @ Jan 6 2008, 06:08 ... Jan 7 2008, 10:02 AM
schwab QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jan 7 2008, 10:02 AM) I... Jan 7 2008, 08:07 PM
Dogmeat I would hit Monaco up and go to the nude beaches Jan 7 2008, 05:47 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 28th September 2026 - 03:17 PM |