IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Languages, do you speak any?
jonathan83
post Dec 13 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #1





Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,558
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Seoul, South Korea
Member No.: 28



This got me curious from the other thread.. so who all speaks another language?
and I don't mean if you know a few words, I mean actually being able to hold a conversation, get around, etc. without using any English.

Spanish - fairly fluent, can discuss advanced topics, etc.
Portuguese - can get around and shoot the breeze(and i'd venture to say i could do about the same in Italian)
Korean - can get around and shoot the breeze (but limited)


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
impala454
post Dec 13 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



I think it's cool when stark white people know Spanish. I recall at Walmart one time, I was looking at some item and overheard some mexican kids going back and forth in Spanish, kinda looking like they were making fun of this white dude that worked there. He turned to them and said something in Spanish and the kids got this wide eyed look and ran away.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Dec 13 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #3


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (impala454 @ Dec 13 2007, 05:03 PM) *
I think it's cool when stark white people know Spanish. I recall at Walmart one time, I was looking at some item and overheard some mexican kids going back and forth in Spanish, kinda looking like they were making fun of this white dude that worked there. He turned to them and said something in Spanish and the kids got this wide eyed look and ran away.
Thats what used to happen when I was 16 and working in El Paso. My fellow employess would talk shit about me in Spanish, mostly about how white I am. Then one day, I turned to them and spoke perfect Spanish. Yeah, it was funny
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- jonathan83   Languages   Dec 13 2007, 03:01 PM
- - Jessica   Spanish   Dec 13 2007, 03:03 PM
- - Jim   ASL, bitches. I can sign my way into deaf people...   Dec 13 2007, 03:08 PM
- - Psykopath   German   Dec 13 2007, 03:14 PM
- - Spectatrix   If finger-spelling 80% of my words counts, then AS...   Dec 13 2007, 03:15 PM
- - Testm0nkey   Spanish - once im warmed up i can carry a casual c...   Dec 13 2007, 03:18 PM
|- - jonathan83   QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Dec 13 2007, 03:18 PM...   Dec 13 2007, 04:40 PM
|- - Testm0nkey   QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Dec 13 2007, 04:40 PM...   Dec 14 2007, 11:00 AM
|- - jonathan83   QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Dec 14 2007, 11:00 AM...   Dec 14 2007, 12:51 PM
- - cupcake   just the language of love... aww yeah...   Dec 13 2007, 03:52 PM
|- - jonathan83   QUOTE (cupcake @ Dec 13 2007, 03:52 PM) j...   Dec 13 2007, 04:38 PM
- - Jessica   I want to learn French. I think I'm going to t...   Dec 13 2007, 03:58 PM
- - RitalinJunkie   Used to be fairly fluent in spanish....but not sin...   Dec 13 2007, 04:47 PM
- - impala454   I think it's cool when stark white people know...   Dec 13 2007, 05:03 PM
|- - Jessica   QUOTE (impala454 @ Dec 13 2007, 05:03 PM)...   Dec 13 2007, 06:26 PM
||- - chook   QUOTE (Jessica @ Dec 13 2007, 06:26 PM) T...   Dec 15 2007, 02:53 AM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (impala454 @ Dec 13 2007, 05:03 PM)...   Dec 13 2007, 06:27 PM
- - johnthedrunk   German   Dec 13 2007, 06:08 PM
- - jonathan83   ke mierda! dudo ke alguien aquí pueda leer ...   Dec 14 2007, 05:25 AM
|- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Dec 14 2007, 05:25 AM...   Dec 14 2007, 10:12 AM
|- - jonathan83   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Dec 14 2007, 10:12 AM...   Dec 14 2007, 12:49 PM
- - Divergent Reality   nerd   Dec 14 2007, 06:29 PM
- - jonathan83   take a spanish test online and see how well you do...   Dec 15 2007, 06:39 AM
- - schwab   i can use spanish, i was somewhat surprised what i...   Dec 15 2007, 09:10 AM
- - woody   use to be decent in japanese, but it's been a ...   Dec 15 2007, 02:49 PM
|- - Jessica   QUOTE (woody @ Dec 15 2007, 02:49 PM) use...   Dec 15 2007, 02:59 PM
- - Forum Warrior   Mathematics.   Dec 15 2007, 08:05 PM
- - Psykopath   Binary   Dec 15 2007, 08:07 PM
- - FORSAKENR320   jive   Dec 15 2007, 08:16 PM
- - woody   QUOTE (Jessica @ Dec 15 2007, 01:59 PM) Y...   Dec 15 2007, 08:35 PM
- - kcroxyoursox   Braille Anyone see that Family Guy episode?   Dec 16 2007, 10:22 PM
- - koreanp1e   KOREAN AND FUKING ENGLISH   Dec 17 2007, 02:34 AM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (koreanp1e @ Dec 17 2007, 02:34 AM)...   Dec 17 2007, 02:48 AM
|- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (koreanp1e @ Dec 17 2007, 02:34 AM)...   Dec 17 2007, 05:13 AM
- - Jessica   haha   Dec 17 2007, 01:43 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2026 - 07:19 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com