Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Group: Members Posts: 33 Joined: 20-March 06 Member No.: 119 |
Don't we just wish we had socialized medicine in the U.S. Moreever don't we wish we had quality doctors like the lads in Great Britian.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 8 2007, 07:05 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
I work with a Canadian and we started talking about socialized programs... His main argument against the socialization of medicine was the fact that just because citizens don't "pay" for the healthcare doesn't mean they don't actually pay. It's paid for in heavy taxation.
Also, the amount of waste in a socialized system is extremely high according to my co-worker. He was saying that his wife (a nurse), used to get packets of gauze and instead of being individually wrapped, they come in a big packet that as soon as its opened has to be disposed of. They don't make any attempt to fix this or improve the system because there is no incentive to do so. -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
Rastaman Socialized Medicine Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
lamont's lament nope! Jul 3 2007, 06:55 PM
Dogmeat I'm against damn near anything that's soci... Jul 3 2007, 07:02 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 3 2007, 08:02 PM) I... Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM
Dogmeat QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 08:00 AM
JRockTTU QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 12:48 AM) ... Jul 4 2007, 08:49 AM
dauss QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 11:13 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 4 2007, 12:13 PM) Ambu... Jul 4 2007, 01:11 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 4 2007, 12:13 PM) Ambu... Jul 4 2007, 05:05 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 4 2007, 06:05 PM) I... Jul 4 2007, 05:16 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 06:16 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 07:51 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 4 2007, 08:51 PM) T... Jul 4 2007, 07:53 PM
woody those who were obese, smokers, or drinkers would b... Jul 4 2007, 09:37 AM
pebkac The UK's health system is far fron being perfe... Jul 4 2007, 10:44 AM
Rastaman I was just commenting on idea that the high qualit... Jul 4 2007, 03:21 PM
chook QUOTE (Rastaman @ Jul 4 2007, 04:21 PM) I... Jul 7 2007, 12:07 AM
Dogmeat we need to abolish government health care because ... Jul 4 2007, 06:42 PM
impala454 there are plenty of good doctors here. i sure as ... Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM
James No. Everything will work out in the end, and if i... Jul 7 2007, 08:17 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (James @ Jul 7 2007, 09:17 AM) Once... Jul 7 2007, 09:11 AM
James For the record, I don't have any form of healt... Jul 7 2007, 09:26 AM
JRockTTU Do any of you really trust th government at all wi... Jul 7 2007, 10:14 AM
dauss QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM) ... Jul 7 2007, 08:34 PM
impala454 QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 7 2007, 09:34 PM) So l... Jul 7 2007, 10:24 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 7 2007, 09:34 PM) So l... Jul 8 2007, 02:05 PM
James Sicko.
What's up Jason! Jul 7 2007, 10:21 AM
Psykopath Heh, I was waiting for someone to pull the "i... Jul 7 2007, 10:33 AM
JRockTTU QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 7 2007, 11:33 AM) ... Jul 7 2007, 10:56 AM
jimmy pop QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 7 2007, 11:56 AM) A... Jul 7 2007, 11:28 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 7 2007, 11:56 AM) I... Jul 7 2007, 11:59 AM
impala454 QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 7 2007, 12:59 PM) ... Jul 7 2007, 03:05 PM
James My apologies. I did not intend to defend my state... Jul 7 2007, 12:32 PM
James Really? Which insurance company do you use? I... Jul 8 2007, 07:36 AM
dauss If they'll cover you. You can apply, but that... Jul 8 2007, 02:49 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 10:10 PM |