Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Group: Members Posts: 33 Joined: 20-March 06 Member No.: 119 |
Don't we just wish we had socialized medicine in the U.S. Moreever don't we wish we had quality doctors like the lads in Great Britian.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 7 2007, 10:33 AM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
Heh, I was waiting for someone to pull the "if you don't like it you can get out" arguement. Thanks for making my day, Jason!
And James: You didn't defend your cruel statement in the slightest. Try again. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 10:56 AM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 660 Joined: 22-February 06 Member No.: 22 |
Heh, I was waiting for someone to pull the "if you don't like it you can get out" arguement. Thanks for making my day, Jason! And James: You didn't defend your cruel statement in the slightest. Try again. If you want to boil my argument down to "if you don't like it you can get out" then so be it. Change is needed from time to time, but it's laughable when people want to change what makes America America. America was founded on the idea that anybody can succeed and prosper, not sit around playing Grand Theft Auto and collect checks from the government. If you don't like your country and what it stands for, then why wouldn't you leave? And I haven't seen you make one valid argument in this thread, so you've got some catching up to do. -------------------- LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
|
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 11:59 AM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
If you want to boil my argument down to "if you don't like it you can get out" then so be it. Change is needed from time to time, but it's laughable when people want to change what makes America America. America was founded on the idea that anybody can succeed and prosper, not sit around playing Grand Theft Auto and collect checks from the government. If you don't like your country and what it stands for, then why wouldn't you leave? And I haven't seen you make one valid argument in this thread, so you've got some catching up to do. C'mon...I'm just doing the "Impala in NPR" tactic! This country once stood for slavery, but that changed. I'm not saying every single aspect of the American medical system needs to be all of a sudden free to all at the expense of every single tax payer. What does need to be addressed is the major disparity between basic health care and financial standing.Why does a single dose of tylenol (two OTC liquigels) in a hospital cost $5+? Why does a meal for a family member that has come to visit cost an additional $25 for a dry salisbury steak? Both of these experienced first hand when my grandfather had heart surgery (a surgery I STRONGLY believe he was pressured to have, regardless of actual necessity, on the basis of financial gain for the surgeon...I examined the x-rays thoroughly as did my mother who has been a nurse for nearly 30 years and we did not see a blockage of 90 damn percent, only amild one that an angiogram could have handled...but I digress.). And just as James stated, I am in the same boat: I have been in the have-nots my whole life but am working strongly towards leaving that group forever. Many are in that group due to a general lack of work ethic and overabundance of laziness. Others are there due to cruel twists of circumstance, be them temporary or long term. I just find issue wit.h people that claim the best solution to these issues is to have certain out groups either die off or leave -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 7 2007, 03:05 PM
Post
#5
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
|
|
|
|
Rastaman Socialized Medicine Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
lamont's lament nope! Jul 3 2007, 06:55 PM
Dogmeat I'm against damn near anything that's soci... Jul 3 2007, 07:02 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 3 2007, 08:02 PM) I... Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM
Dogmeat QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 08:00 AM
JRockTTU QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 12:48 AM) ... Jul 4 2007, 08:49 AM
dauss QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 11:13 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 4 2007, 12:13 PM) Ambu... Jul 4 2007, 01:11 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 4 2007, 12:13 PM) Ambu... Jul 4 2007, 05:05 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 4 2007, 06:05 PM) I... Jul 4 2007, 05:16 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 06:16 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 07:51 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 4 2007, 08:51 PM) T... Jul 4 2007, 07:53 PM
woody those who were obese, smokers, or drinkers would b... Jul 4 2007, 09:37 AM
pebkac The UK's health system is far fron being perfe... Jul 4 2007, 10:44 AM
Rastaman I was just commenting on idea that the high qualit... Jul 4 2007, 03:21 PM
chook QUOTE (Rastaman @ Jul 4 2007, 04:21 PM) I... Jul 7 2007, 12:07 AM
Dogmeat we need to abolish government health care because ... Jul 4 2007, 06:42 PM
impala454 there are plenty of good doctors here. i sure as ... Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM
James No. Everything will work out in the end, and if i... Jul 7 2007, 08:17 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (James @ Jul 7 2007, 09:17 AM) Once... Jul 7 2007, 09:11 AM
James For the record, I don't have any form of healt... Jul 7 2007, 09:26 AM
JRockTTU Do any of you really trust th government at all wi... Jul 7 2007, 10:14 AM
dauss QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM) ... Jul 7 2007, 08:34 PM
impala454 QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 7 2007, 09:34 PM) So l... Jul 7 2007, 10:24 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 7 2007, 09:34 PM) So l... Jul 8 2007, 02:05 PM
James Sicko.
What's up Jason! Jul 7 2007, 10:21 AM
jimmy pop QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 7 2007, 11:56 AM) A... Jul 7 2007, 11:28 AM
James My apologies. I did not intend to defend my state... Jul 7 2007, 12:32 PM
James Really? Which insurance company do you use? I... Jul 8 2007, 07:36 AM
dauss If they'll cover you. You can apply, but that... Jul 8 2007, 02:49 PM
Hartmann I work with a Canadian and we started talking abou... Jul 8 2007, 07:05 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 10:12 PM |