IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Socialized Medicine
Rastaman
post Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 33
Joined: 20-March 06
Member No.: 119



Don't we just wish we had socialized medicine in the U.S. Moreever don't we wish we had quality doctors like the lads in Great Britian.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
JRockTTU
post Jul 7 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 660
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 22



Do any of you really trust th government at all with any responsibility? I sure don't. I don't want them responsible for what doctor I see, what operation I can have, and any other medical decisions. I will fully admit that the insurance companies and the current health care situation is kind of out of control, causing the prices to go so high that those without insurance can't easily afford health care. But the reason America has good doctors is because of our free market and the ability for anybody to get an education, become a doctor, and make a shit ton of money if they're any good.

I don't want the government dictating health care, because then doctors will be paid one flat amount per procedure. If the government tries to save money by lowering health care costs, good doctors will leave for open markets where they can make better money, or stop practicing medicine for other business ventures. If the government decides to pay them well then it's coming out of MY pocket in the form of taxes.

I don't want to walk down the street and see a dude smoking a cigarette and eating a big mac and know that my taxes are going to pay for his insulin when he develops Type 2 diabetes and his oxygen tank/medicine when he develops lung cancer.

I know in a perfect world everybody would be treated for any medical condition and we would all be healthy. But this isn't a perfect world, it's a free country, and along with that comes the freedom for people to ignore health advice and treat their bodies like shit. Why should I pick up that tab? Our forefathers founded this country on the idea that we all be free to choose and free to prosper; That pretty much means we on our own and if you're so lazy that the government should provide everything for you then you need to move to France where they will embrace you.

I've gotta cut this little rant short, I need to cook breakfast.

And I swear to God, if one of you even mentions that damn movie Sicko I will poke holes through Michael Moore's shit so fast...


--------------------
LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Rastaman   Socialized Medicine   Jul 3 2007, 06:07 PM
- - lamont's lament   nope!   Jul 3 2007, 06:55 PM
- - Dogmeat   I'm against damn near anything that's soci...   Jul 3 2007, 07:02 PM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 3 2007, 08:02 PM) I...   Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM
|- - Dogmeat   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM) ...   Jul 4 2007, 08:00 AM
|- - JRockTTU   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 12:48 AM) ...   Jul 4 2007, 08:49 AM
|- - dauss   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 3 2007, 11:48 PM) ...   Jul 4 2007, 11:13 AM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 4 2007, 12:13 PM) Ambu...   Jul 4 2007, 01:11 PM
|- - JRockTTU   QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 4 2007, 12:13 PM) Ambu...   Jul 4 2007, 05:05 PM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 4 2007, 06:05 PM) I...   Jul 4 2007, 05:16 PM
|- - JRockTTU   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 06:16 PM) ...   Jul 4 2007, 07:51 PM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 4 2007, 08:51 PM) T...   Jul 4 2007, 07:53 PM
- - woody   those who were obese, smokers, or drinkers would b...   Jul 4 2007, 09:37 AM
- - pebkac   The UK's health system is far fron being perfe...   Jul 4 2007, 10:44 AM
- - Rastaman   I was just commenting on idea that the high qualit...   Jul 4 2007, 03:21 PM
|- - chook   QUOTE (Rastaman @ Jul 4 2007, 04:21 PM) I...   Jul 7 2007, 12:07 AM
- - Dogmeat   we need to abolish government health care because ...   Jul 4 2007, 06:42 PM
- - impala454   there are plenty of good doctors here. i sure as ...   Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM
- - James   No. Everything will work out in the end, and if i...   Jul 7 2007, 08:17 AM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (James @ Jul 7 2007, 09:17 AM) Once...   Jul 7 2007, 09:11 AM
- - James   For the record, I don't have any form of healt...   Jul 7 2007, 09:26 AM
- - JRockTTU   Do any of you really trust th government at all wi...   Jul 7 2007, 10:14 AM
|- - dauss   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 7 2007, 12:18 AM) ...   Jul 7 2007, 08:34 PM
|- - impala454   QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 7 2007, 09:34 PM) So l...   Jul 7 2007, 10:24 PM
|- - JRockTTU   QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 7 2007, 09:34 PM) So l...   Jul 8 2007, 02:05 PM
- - James   Sicko. What's up Jason!   Jul 7 2007, 10:21 AM
- - Psykopath   Heh, I was waiting for someone to pull the "i...   Jul 7 2007, 10:33 AM
|- - JRockTTU   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 7 2007, 11:33 AM) ...   Jul 7 2007, 10:56 AM
|- - jimmy pop   QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 7 2007, 11:56 AM) A...   Jul 7 2007, 11:28 AM
|- - Psykopath   QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 7 2007, 11:56 AM) I...   Jul 7 2007, 11:59 AM
|- - impala454   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 7 2007, 12:59 PM) ...   Jul 7 2007, 03:05 PM
- - James   My apologies. I did not intend to defend my state...   Jul 7 2007, 12:32 PM
- - James   Really? Which insurance company do you use? I...   Jul 8 2007, 07:36 AM
- - dauss   If they'll cover you. You can apply, but that...   Jul 8 2007, 02:49 PM
- - Hartmann   I work with a Canadian and we started talking abou...   Jul 8 2007, 07:05 PM


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 10:11 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com