Jul 1 2007, 12:32 AM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
I'm surprised no one discussed this yet... I haven't found any decent links but they discussed it on the world news the other night on some "Dust to Dust" report done. Basically, from manufacture to garbage heap, the hummer will use way less energy than a prius, as well as the prius production itself having adverse affects on the environment. Apparently the big pollutant for the prius, is something like the nickel mining for its lots of batteries being one of the dirtiest, most polluting resources on the planet today.
here's a quick story (yes i know its a hummer site) but it will explain what the story is about. http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news/study...ndly-than-prius QUOTE Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.
The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare. |
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 2 2007, 12:41 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
I'm surprised no one discussed this yet... I haven't found any decent links but they discussed it on the world news the other night on some "Dust to Dust" report done. Basically, from manufacture to garbage heap, the hummer will use way less energy than a prius, as well as the prius production itself having adverse affects on the environment. Apparently the big pollutant for the prius, is something like the nickel mining for its lots of batteries being one of the dirtiest, most polluting resources on the planet today. here's a quick story (yes i know its a hummer site) but it will explain what the story is about. http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news/study...ndly-than-prius Yeah, I also like how those same people wanna shut down drilling operations in this country because "they ruin the environment" but it's perfectly ok for us to fuck up the middle-eastern environment by that logic. "environmentalists" are fucking idiots, period. And you can quote me on that -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Jul 2 2007, 07:24 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
"environmentalists" are fucking idiots, period. And you can quote me on that The "hippie" douchebags that want to do nothing more than bitch and smoke pot (or go all sue happy) are. The ones that actually care about the world around them, utilizing logic (not found to often on this website) instead of a fad feeling, are a-ok in my book. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 3 2007, 10:17 PM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
The "hippie" douchebags that want to do nothing more than bitch and smoke pot (or go all sue happy) are. The ones that actually care about the world around them, utilizing logic (not found to often on this website) instead of a fad feeling, are a-ok in my book. In my actual real world experience dealing with so-called logical "environmentalists", I quite frankly can't find any real sort of logic despite their claims. I see obstructionist elitist mentalities that prevade virtually ever "sensible" thing thing they claim they do. I've read through countless BLM, USFS, State DEQ's, etc proposals and papers on subjects ranging from deer migration and how this effects oil and gas pipelines to public access for snowmobile and OHV's to fucking MOUNTAIN BIKES. Hence far the vast majority of what I've read is a bunch of half-assed government beauracratic political statements made on part of government agencies for politicans scratching backs than I have actual environmental science. If I had to give a very liberal estimate of how much of what so-called "environmental proposals" as far as allowing drilling operations and public access to national forests and other various types of land go, I'd say roughly %10 of what the environmentalists put out has anything to do with actually protecting "the environment" and the other %90 of it is pure political bullshit. -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Jul 3 2007, 11:46 PM
Post
#5
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
In my actual real world experience dealing with so-called logical "environmentalists", I quite frankly can't find any real sort of logic despite their claims. I see obstructionist elitist mentalities that prevade virtually ever "sensible" thing thing they claim they do. I've read through countless BLM, USFS, State DEQ's, etc proposals and papers on subjects ranging from deer migration and how this effects oil and gas pipelines to public access for snowmobile and OHV's to fucking MOUNTAIN BIKES. Hence far the vast majority of what I've read is a bunch of half-assed government beauracratic political statements made on part of government agencies for politicans scratching backs than I have actual environmental science. If I had to give a very liberal estimate of how much of what so-called "environmental proposals" as far as allowing drilling operations and public access to national forests and other various types of land go, I'd say roughly %10 of what the environmentalists put out has anything to do with actually protecting "the environment" and the other %90 of it is pure political bullshit. I'll agree to a point. Just as any other interest group, environmentalists are heavily influenced by political motivations. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 08:04 AM
Post
#6
|
|
![]() DEATH TO ....something? Group: Members Posts: 5,618 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Parker, CO Member No.: 55 |
I'll agree to a point. Just as any other interest group, environmentalists are heavily influenced by political motivations. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is, I think I generally partake in "using the environment" so to speak a hell of a lot more than that people who vote for the people who claim they are protecting it. Why in the world would I want to fuck up the outdoor world I love to be in? Seriously ... If I thought for one second me riding a 4-wheeler, snowmobile, working in the oil and gas industry, shitting in the woods, etc ... was creating havoc I wouldn't be doing it. I guess the way I see it is, they're paying me a pretty good wage, but it's sure as hell not enough to give up things that are important to me in that respect. -------------------- I r Ur Gawd!
|
|
|
|
Jul 4 2007, 01:13 PM
Post
#7
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
I guess the point that I'm trying to make is, I think I generally partake in "using the environment" so to speak a hell of a lot more than that people who vote for the people who claim they are protecting it. Why in the world would I want to fuck up the outdoor world I love to be in? Seriously ... If I thought for one second me riding a 4-wheeler, snowmobile, working in the oil and gas industry, shitting in the woods, etc ... was creating havoc I wouldn't be doing it. I guess the way I see it is, they're paying me a pretty good wage, but it's sure as hell not enough to give up things that are important to me in that respect. Speaking of 4-wheeler, snowmobiling, amidst the trees shatting... We still need to go camping. ='( -------------------- |
|
|
|
impala454 Hummer greener than Prius Jul 1 2007, 12:32 AM
Aaron Nice find! Jul 1 2007, 03:11 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 01:32 AM) ... Jul 1 2007, 07:02 AM
impala454 QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 1 2007, 08:02 AM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:35 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 01:35 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:42 PM
impala454 QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 1 2007, 01:42 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:50 PM
James I think he wanted to point out that everyone else ... Jul 1 2007, 07:08 AM
Psykopath QUOTE (James @ Jul 1 2007, 08:08 AM) I th... Jul 1 2007, 07:14 AM
FORSAKENR320 wanna save the enviroment? kill people.
kill l... Jul 1 2007, 07:30 AM
impala454 QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jul 1 2007, 08:30 A... Jul 1 2007, 12:34 PM
James Yeah. That's a very true statement. One chil... Jul 1 2007, 07:39 AM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (James @ Jul 1 2007, 08:39 AM) Yeah... Jul 1 2007, 07:52 AM
James That'd just be silly. We'd revert to an a... Jul 1 2007, 08:04 AM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (James @ Jul 1 2007, 09:04 AM) That... Jul 1 2007, 11:18 AM
dauss I read it back in March and was skeptical about th... Jul 1 2007, 10:10 AM
impala454 QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 1 2007, 11:10 AM) LOL,... Jul 1 2007, 12:41 PM
dauss QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 12:41 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 01:39 PM
Psykopath HAHA, glad the article actually had some context n... Jul 1 2007, 10:33 AM
impala454 QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 1 2007, 11:33 AM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:38 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 01:38 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:44 PM
rabble does anyone have a Google maps location to that ni... Jul 1 2007, 05:18 PM
jimmy pop Impala getting owned in an NPR argument....looks l... Jul 1 2007, 12:50 PM
impala454 QUOTE (jimmy pop @ Jul 1 2007, 01:50 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:52 PM
jimmy pop QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 01:52 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 12:54 PM
impala454 QUOTE (jimmy pop @ Jul 1 2007, 01:54 PM) ... Jul 1 2007, 10:31 PM
jimmy pop QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 11:31 PM) ... Jul 2 2007, 12:30 PM
impala454 QUOTE (jimmy pop @ Jul 2 2007, 01:30 PM) ... Jul 2 2007, 12:36 PM
zetec I heard somewhere that they're switching to Li... Jul 1 2007, 04:00 PM
Testm0nkey impala you havent posted anything in response to d... Jul 1 2007, 05:48 PM
impala454 QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Jul 1 2007, 06:48 PM)... Jul 1 2007, 10:36 PM
dauss QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 10:36 PM) ... Jul 2 2007, 05:24 PM
impala454 QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 2 2007, 06:24 PM) Now ... Jul 2 2007, 09:47 PM
dauss QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 2 2007, 09:47 PM) ... Jul 3 2007, 10:00 PM
JRockTTU QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 1 2007, 01:50 PM) ... Jul 2 2007, 09:06 AM
impala454 QUOTE (JRockTTU @ Jul 2 2007, 10:06 AM) M... Jul 2 2007, 09:21 AM
pebkac Sigh... and everyone who has ever eaten beef in th... Jul 2 2007, 11:47 AM
impala454 QUOTE (pebkac @ Jul 2 2007, 12:47 PM) Sig... Jul 2 2007, 12:14 PM
James QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 2 2007, 01:14 PM) ... Jul 2 2007, 12:19 PM
James Lots of stuff has changed. Lance has another new ... Jul 2 2007, 12:39 PM
jimmy pop QUOTE (James @ Jul 2 2007, 01:39 PM) Lots... Jul 2 2007, 12:51 PM
Dogmeat QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 4 2007, 01:13 PM) ... Jul 4 2007, 04:00 PM
James I'll go you one better: "People are stup... Jul 2 2007, 12:48 PM
griseyeux SHOW ME SOME TITTIES!!!
Titties have ... Jul 2 2007, 06:01 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (griseyeux @ Jul 2 2007, 07:01 PM) ... Jul 2 2007, 06:04 PM
James I use logic everytime I post. It goes something l... Jul 2 2007, 07:36 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (James @ Jul 2 2007, 08:36 PM) I us... Jul 2 2007, 07:40 PM
Spectatrix Awww, I'm so touched...
Granted, Impala woul... Jul 2 2007, 09:41 PM
FORSAKENR320 hi Jul 2 2007, 09:58 PM
impala454 Here's my post application right here
CODEvoid... Jul 2 2007, 10:15 PM
Psykopath heh, very nice Jul 2 2007, 10:31 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 06:40 PM |