IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Living Wage OK'd in Chicago
Hartmann
post Jul 26 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #1





Group: Admin
Posts: 3,403
Joined: 23-February 06
From: PDX/TXL
Member No.: 35



http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2006/07/26/3...oks-living-wage

Will be a good case study on whether or not the minimum wage should be raised.


--------------------

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
Mommy
post Jul 31 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #2


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 31 2006, 08:06 PM)
Ok, let's stop this mentally handicapped bullshit right now.

Retards (yes, I called them retards) have access to governmental aid in some shape or form. So, the argument of, "woe is them they is poe" is bullshit.

Even if that weren't the case, you can still get a pay raise or promotion without being management. The opportunities are there. If you don't take hold of them you have only one person to blame.

you know, how many "retards" have you been around? Im asking seriously. Im not trying to be like "oh well i no cuz i am ones"... No, Im being serious. I harp on the mentally slow thing because I have first hand experience because my brother has autism (not mentally slow but socially inept) and because I worked with special needs kids. Its just one example though, ya know. I know when I was a kid, I could make a penny for every weed I pulled. It was hard work, but I did it to make money. I could pull a good 500 weeds in an hour and make 5 bucks! Its sickening to think that a full grown person can make about the same as that. I was a fucking kid.

Yeah, I guess this hits close to home with me, but maybe thats a good thing because it provides insight to how other people live. The whole government funding thing is bullshit. If jobs paid better, we might some-what eliminate the need for welfare. Do you like to pay taxes that help to pay for the people who are working close to minimum wage's kid's diapers and formula....no, I bet you don't.

I totally agree with what Billy is saying. We are in a very wealthy and prosperous nation where there is money to be had by SOME. Why cant we make it more than some? I know the money is out there. Mcdonalds, walmart, etc are all multi billion dollar companies. What makes our lives fun and worth living for? Simple things like movies, music, and being able to not have to constantly worry about whether we are going to be able to make the next rent payment. Constantly having to worry about money fucking sucks.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Hartmann   Living Wage OK'd in Chicago   Jul 26 2006, 07:01 PM
- - Psykopath   WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! J/K Yeah, this...   Jul 26 2006, 07:08 PM
- - chook   it said their average pay is 11 an hour, probably ...   Jul 26 2006, 07:46 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Psykopath @ Jul 26 2006, 08:08 PM)WORK...   Jul 26 2006, 08:09 PM
- - prefix   Man fuck wal-mart. Anytime something happens that ...   Jul 26 2006, 08:10 PM
- - Jessica   it wont only be walmart that is going to bitch abo...   Jul 26 2006, 08:12 PM
- - Renegadepeon   QUOTE (prefix @ Jul 26 2006, 08:10 PM)Man fuc...   Jul 26 2006, 09:05 PM
- - dauss   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 26 2006, 08:12 PM)it won...   Jul 26 2006, 10:19 PM
- - chook   As for the car companies, I think they all pay bet...   Jul 26 2006, 10:29 PM
- - dauss   Plus the poor fucked themselves. Maybe they drop...   Jul 26 2006, 10:43 PM
- - woody   dunno if i like the idea QUOTE It would only appl...   Jul 26 2006, 11:56 PM
- - M1N10N   QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 26 2006, 10:19 PM)If I rem...   Jul 27 2006, 07:11 AM
- - impala454   QUOTE (dauss @ Jul 26 2006, 11:43 PM)Plus the...   Jul 27 2006, 07:38 AM
- - Spectatrix   Well they got some of their facts wrong. Albuquer...   Jul 27 2006, 10:43 AM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 27 2006, 08:38 AM)bing...   Jul 27 2006, 05:25 PM
- - chook   State Tax is a land tax in our state. Most rich p...   Jul 27 2006, 05:57 PM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 27 2006, 05:25 PM)you tw...   Jul 27 2006, 07:55 PM
- - prefix   QUOTE And these are the people having the most kid...   Jul 27 2006, 10:10 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 27 2006, 08:55 PM)Tha...   Jul 27 2006, 11:36 PM
- - woody   also if you live below the poverty line you usuall...   Jul 27 2006, 11:59 PM
- - M1N10N   QUOTE (prefix @ Jul 27 2006, 10:10 PM)Yes, le...   Jul 28 2006, 06:47 AM
- - impala454   QUOTE (prefix @ Jul 27 2006, 11:10 PM)Yet ano...   Jul 28 2006, 07:29 AM
- - impala454   QUOTE (prefix @ Jul 27 2006, 11:10 PM)Yes, le...   Jul 28 2006, 07:31 AM
- - impala454   bottom line here people is with all the welfare, f...   Jul 28 2006, 07:43 AM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 27 2006, 11:36 PM)regard...   Jul 28 2006, 08:31 AM
- - woody   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 28 2006, 08:31 AM)Any...   Jul 28 2006, 08:34 AM
- - Spectatrix   You think it doesn't happen? Fast food compani...   Jul 28 2006, 08:36 AM
- - woody   .....it's a quote from Coming to America...Lou...   Jul 28 2006, 08:45 AM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (woody @ Jul 28 2006, 08:45 AM).....it...   Jul 28 2006, 12:49 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 28 2006, 08:43 AM)bott...   Jul 28 2006, 04:49 PM
- - lamont's lament   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 28 2006, 08:43 AM)In f...   Jul 28 2006, 08:47 PM
- - Testm0nkey   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 28 2006, 07:43 AM)bott...   Jul 29 2006, 02:11 AM
- - Spectatrix   Would you mind elaborating, Cathryn?   Jul 29 2006, 08:02 AM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (lamont's lament @ Jul 28 2006, 09:...   Jul 29 2006, 08:43 AM
- - woody   QUOTE (lamont's lament @ Jul 28 2006, 08:...   Jul 29 2006, 09:21 AM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (woody @ Jul 29 2006, 10:21 AM)< Phi...   Jul 29 2006, 09:32 AM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 28 2006, 09:31 AM)Pov...   Jul 29 2006, 12:06 PM
- - moebary   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 29 2006, 12:06 PM)clothe...   Jul 29 2006, 12:23 PM
- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 29 2006, 12:06 PM)in oth...   Jul 29 2006, 01:28 PM
- - moebary   QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jul 29 2006, 01:28 PM)l...   Jul 29 2006, 02:39 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (moebary @ Jul 29 2006, 01:23 PM)it...   Jul 30 2006, 02:07 PM
- - Jim   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 30 2006, 01:07 PM)i dont...   Jul 30 2006, 03:15 PM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 30 2006, 02:07 PM)i dont...   Jul 30 2006, 03:29 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 30 2006, 04:29 PM)I d...   Jul 30 2006, 05:37 PM
- - Dogmeat   christ my electric bill in lubbock is usually ...   Jul 30 2006, 07:18 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 30 2006, 08:18 PM)christ...   Jul 30 2006, 08:05 PM
- - lamont's lament   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 30 2006, 09:05 PM)the wa...   Jul 30 2006, 08:43 PM
- - pysex   our thermostat is set at 78 and our electric bill ...   Jul 30 2006, 09:31 PM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 30 2006, 08:05 PM)i have...   Jul 30 2006, 09:40 PM
- - Jim   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 30 2006, 04:37 PM)I have...   Jul 30 2006, 09:40 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 30 2006, 10:40 PM)So, you...   Jul 30 2006, 09:52 PM
- - Jim   You don't have to buy a newspaper to read it. ...   Jul 30 2006, 10:02 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 30 2006, 11:02 PM)You don...   Jul 30 2006, 10:11 PM
- - Spectatrix   You're right in that regard, Jessica. The min...   Jul 30 2006, 11:37 PM
- - pebkac   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 31 2006, 12:37 AM)You...   Jul 30 2006, 11:44 PM
- - woody   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 30 2006, 03:29 PM)I d...   Jul 31 2006, 12:00 AM
- - woody   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 30 2006, 10:02 PM)You don...   Jul 31 2006, 12:05 AM
- - Jim   QUOTE (woody @ Jul 30 2006, 11:05 PM)she spen...   Jul 31 2006, 01:07 AM
- - FORSAKENR320   it doesn't seem like too many people on here k...   Jul 31 2006, 06:28 AM
- - woody   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 31 2006, 01:07 AM)I don...   Jul 31 2006, 06:40 AM
- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (woody @ Jul 31 2006, 06:40 AM)anything...   Jul 31 2006, 06:47 AM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Jul 31 2006, 07:28 AM)i...   Jul 31 2006, 07:00 AM
- - impala454   I give about as much sympathy to poor people cryin...   Jul 31 2006, 07:52 AM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 31 2006, 07:52 AM)Some...   Jul 31 2006, 10:20 AM
- - chook   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 31 2006, 10:20 AM)Yea...   Jul 31 2006, 12:26 PM
- - Renegadepeon   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 31 2006, 07:52 AM)Some...   Jul 31 2006, 02:24 PM
- - pebkac   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 03:24 PM)I...   Jul 31 2006, 02:47 PM
- - impala454   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 03:24 PM)M...   Jul 31 2006, 02:47 PM
- - Dogmeat   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 03:24 PM)M...   Jul 31 2006, 02:57 PM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 02:24 PM)M...   Jul 31 2006, 03:48 PM
- - Renegadepeon   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 31 2006, 03:48 PM)Wel...   Jul 31 2006, 04:34 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (impala454 @ Jul 31 2006, 03:47 PM)Beli...   Jul 31 2006, 04:54 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 05:34 PM)S...   Jul 31 2006, 05:11 PM
- - Dogmeat   Jessica I think you have it backwards ... I really...   Jul 31 2006, 05:17 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 31 2006, 06:17 PM)Jessic...   Jul 31 2006, 05:21 PM
- - Dogmeat   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 31 2006, 06:21 PM)mental...   Jul 31 2006, 05:22 PM
- - Spectatrix   I agree that CEO's often get paid much more th...   Jul 31 2006, 05:23 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Spectatrix @ Jul 31 2006, 06:23 PM)I a...   Jul 31 2006, 05:49 PM
- - Jim   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 31 2006, 04:49 PM)I work...   Jul 31 2006, 07:06 PM
- - Renegadepeon   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 31 2006, 07:06 PM)Ok, let...   Jul 31 2006, 07:28 PM
- - Jim   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 06:28 PM)J...   Jul 31 2006, 07:41 PM
- - moebary   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 31 2006, 07:41 PM)now I...   Jul 31 2006, 07:51 PM
- - Dogmeat   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 08:28 PM)J...   Jul 31 2006, 07:58 PM
- - Jim   QUOTE (moebary @ Jul 31 2006, 06:51 PM)I find...   Jul 31 2006, 08:06 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 31 2006, 08:06 PM)Ok, let...   Jul 31 2006, 08:11 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (moebary @ Jul 31 2006, 08:51 PM)I find...   Jul 31 2006, 08:12 PM
- - Jim   Jessica, the opportunuties are there, you fail to ...   Jul 31 2006, 08:23 PM
- - lamont's lament   QUOTE (Jessica @ Jul 31 2006, 06:21 PM)are we...   Jul 31 2006, 08:51 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Jim @ Jul 31 2006, 09:23 PM)Jessica, t...   Jul 31 2006, 08:56 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (lamont's lament @ Jul 31 2006, 09:...   Jul 31 2006, 08:57 PM
- - Spectatrix   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 07:28 PM)A...   Jul 31 2006, 09:03 PM
- - Spectatrix   I probably should just leave this thread, but I...   Jul 31 2006, 09:54 PM
- - Jessica   the federal minimum is $5.15; however states ...   Jul 31 2006, 10:05 PM
- - nickluto   you know what would make this thread more interest...   Jul 31 2006, 10:22 PM
- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 02:24 PM)M...   Jul 31 2006, 10:30 PM
- - FORSAKENR320   QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Jul 31 2006, 04:34 PM)S...   Jul 31 2006, 10:34 PM
- - Jessica   i also based my $60 thing on if it was like w...   Jul 31 2006, 10:37 PM
- - Dogmeat   I buy $5 t shirts at k-mart and I am perfectl...   Jul 31 2006, 10:52 PM
- - Jessica   QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jul 31 2006, 11:52 PM)I buy ...   Jul 31 2006, 10:58 PM
- - Dogmeat   I'm a kangaroo-fish   Jul 31 2006, 11:02 PM
2 Pages V   1 2 >


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 02:22 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com