Nov 13 2008, 08:02 AM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
I have had a rollercoaster last couple of months but last month topped the list.
I needed to be in South Africa for work and the client did not want to pay the business fare due to the struggling economy down there. That's fine, I flew Virgin Atlantic in their "premium" economy section and the 24 hour trip went well. I get down there, start working for a few days and get an e-mail saying I have to be in Norway in two days. I let the client know, which pisses them off and I start hunting for tickets to Stavanger. Nothing. I finally found a seat on a KLM flight in the worst part of the plane, and I had a customer of size next to me, no, not some slightly overweight fella, this guy took up just about a whole two seats. But that is not the end of the story my friends. As I am attempting to sleep, the overweight gentleman decides this would be the perfect time to pass gas. It was loud, really loud and it smelled awful. I turned my head, looked at him, and just shook my head. It was the longest flight of my life. How do people think it is ok to fart right next to someone? -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
![]() |
Nov 13 2008, 08:11 AM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008 Group: Members Posts: 8,635 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Port Wentworth, GA Member No.: 15 |
I have had a rollercoaster last couple of months but last month topped the list. Wow... that does sound exhausting and frustrating. I am kinda jealous though. I mean, seems like this job is taking you all over the world. That's really neat. What do you do anyway?
I needed to be in South Africa for work and the client did not want to pay the business fare due to the struggling economy down there. That's fine, I flew Virgin Atlantic in their "premium" economy section and the 24 hour trip went well. I get down there, start working for a few days and get an e-mail saying I have to be in Norway in two days. I let the client know, which pisses them off and I start hunting for tickets to Stavanger. Nothing. I finally found a seat on a KLM flight in the worst part of the plane, and I had a customer of size next to me, no, not some slightly overweight fella, this guy took up just about a whole two seats. But that is not the end of the story my friends. As I am attempting to sleep, the overweight gentleman decides this would be the perfect time to pass gas. It was loud, really loud and it smelled awful. I turned my head, looked at him, and just shook my head. It was the longest flight of my life. How do people think it is ok to fart right next to someone? |
|
|
|
Nov 13 2008, 08:18 AM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Group: Admin Posts: 3,403 Joined: 23-February 06 From: PDX/TXL Member No.: 35 |
Wow... that does sound exhausting and frustrating. I am kinda jealous though. I mean, seems like this job is taking you all over the world. That's really neat. What do you do anyway? I am a consultant to a good chunk of the major oil, gas, and utility companies in the world, helping them make decisions on how to mitigate risk and increase reliability in their drilling, production, refining, and distribution operations. Traveling is great, I think I've posted on here before about it but it does take a toll over time. On trips like this past one, I did not really get to see much as my time is spent in a refinery or out in a remote area. But it is a neat job. I thought this month would be quiet but my inbox disagrees. -------------------- "There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: that of the fashionable non-conformist." |
|
|
|
Hartmann Fat guy in a little seat... Nov 13 2008, 08:02 AM
chook Are you on contracts or salaried with bonuses? It... Nov 13 2008, 09:33 AM
Hartmann QUOTE (chook @ Nov 13 2008, 09:33 AM) Are... Nov 14 2008, 08:05 AM
chook That sucks about that flight. I always fly busine... Nov 14 2008, 10:49 AM
Hartmann QUOTE (chook @ Nov 14 2008, 10:49 AM) Tha... Nov 14 2008, 02:38 PM
chook Raytheon Missile Systems, work mainly on foreign s... Nov 14 2008, 06:01 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 28th September 2026 - 02:47 AM |