Mar 14 2008, 12:46 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008 Group: Members Posts: 8,635 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Port Wentworth, GA Member No.: 15 |
Ok, let's face it: the majority of us have posted on here for at least 5 years. I feel I know some of you to an extent, even if I have never met you or just briefly met you. I think I consider a lot of you friends. What do you all consider each other? I mean, we tell each other happy birthday (even those we haven't met) sometimes and I'm sure we would be sad if a frequent poster passed (I think a lot of us can remember JT. I knew her personally and was friends with her outside of here, but I'm sure it was shocking to even those that hadn't met her when she died). We share stories about ourselves with each other. We make fun of each other (sometimes for fun... other times cuz we are mean). What do you think?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Mar 16 2008, 11:34 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 180 Joined: 23-February 06 From: San Francisco, CA Member No.: 37 |
I can't believe it's almost been 5 years for me...4 and a half really...I don't know most of the people on here anymore, but I still lurk frequently. For me the very question evokes a strange nostalgia. Memories of Tech and Texas. I remember going to IHOP with a few of the RaR people back in the day. Though I never really partied with any of you, I did make a brief appearance once on Halloween. I dated someone from the boards. I knew JT in real life pretty well. She sent me a card a week before she died, wishing me good luck on my transfer. I still haven't taken it down from my bulletin board. 4 and a half years ago I never thought I would be the person I am now in the place I'm in now. 4 and a half years have seen me go from a Tech student to an urbanite in Philadelphia struggling through a snobby school and absorbing a completely different lifestyle, to a now-what-do-I-do college graduate living in a rowhouse in the bowels of a sketchy West Philadelphia neighborhood, to driving to San Francisco, working a white collar job in a field completely different from my major while I pay back my loans and develop my real passion on the side, again absorbing a completely different lifestyle. With a great deal of change in a small period of time, one's true self can become diluted or obscured. Every time I move, I can't help but change a little. What a great source of stability a site like this can be, especially for those of us who are now removed from Tech and Lubbock. Change can be scary, so it's comforting to reach out to familiarity, to people with whom we've shared a common experience. I think that's the great value of Techsans and, in my opinion, more than sufficient justification for its endurance for years to come.
</OPRAH> |
|
|
|
Mar 17 2008, 05:37 PM
Post
#3
|
|
|
Corrupting the youth of America Group: Members Posts: 528 Joined: 12-May 06 From: Alice, TX Member No.: 176 |
I knew JT in real life pretty well. She sent me a card a week before she died, wishing me good luck on my transfer. I still haven't taken it down from my bulletin board. Damn I miss that kid Think I started posting on here in summer 04, so that makes it 4 years now off and on. Live with brandon, lived with zach. Hang/hung with Mike and Nick a lot...never made it to the Halloween party tho....my truest regret -------------------- Brandon....you're the reason I'm pro-choice.
|
|
|
|
Mar 18 2008, 03:46 AM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 2,558 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Seoul, South Korea Member No.: 28 |
Damn I miss that kid Think I started posting on here in summer 04, so that makes it 4 years now off and on. Live with brandon, lived with zach. Hang/hung with Mike and Nick a lot...never made it to the Halloween party tho....my truest regret you forgot working band camp with me! -------------------- ![]() |
|
|
|
Jessica What do you consider everyone on here? Mar 14 2008, 12:46 PM
theIncredibleEdibleDuane I was first! I marked this territory...like a... Mar 14 2008, 12:47 PM
cupcake this thread tops darthvader on the gayscale...
I ... Mar 14 2008, 12:52 PM
Jessica QUOTE (cupcake @ Mar 14 2008, 01:52 PM) t... Mar 14 2008, 02:01 PM
cmac i've posted on here for 5 years and i've m... Mar 14 2008, 12:53 PM
Jessica QUOTE (cmac @ Mar 14 2008, 01:53 PM) i... Mar 14 2008, 01:49 PM
kcroxyoursox QUOTE (cmac @ Mar 14 2008, 01:53 PM) i... Mar 14 2008, 04:19 PM
cupcake I've met Rocky, Dean the flying cow, Will, and... Mar 14 2008, 12:54 PM
impala454 I know a few pretty well, and have met most at lea... Mar 14 2008, 01:01 PM
theIncredibleEdibleDuane Well, I marked internet acquaintances.....
there ... Mar 14 2008, 01:12 PM
cupcake write in:
faggots Mar 14 2008, 01:16 PM
Dogmeat some friends, some internet aquointances ...
some... Mar 14 2008, 01:53 PM
Jessica QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Mar 14 2008, 02:53 PM) s... Mar 14 2008, 01:57 PM
Watchman i voted friends
unless one of you doesn't con... Mar 14 2008, 02:00 PM
TetraGrammaton Cleric split pretty evenly -- based on the individual Mar 14 2008, 02:18 PM
Melanie I'm not voting because some of y'all I kno... Mar 14 2008, 02:36 PM
FORSAKENR320 i believe a solid friendship can be formed without... Mar 14 2008, 02:43 PM
theIncredibleEdibleDuane QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:43 ... Mar 14 2008, 05:49 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:43 ... Mar 14 2008, 06:20 PM
rabble QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Mar 14 2008, 03:43 ... Mar 14 2008, 10:13 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (rabble @ Mar 14 2008, 11:13 PM) Th... Mar 14 2008, 11:58 PM
rabble QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Mar 15 2008, 12:58 ... Mar 15 2008, 07:58 AM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (rabble @ Mar 15 2008, 08:58 AM) Yo... Mar 15 2008, 05:53 PM
rabble QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Mar 15 2008, 06:53 ... Mar 15 2008, 07:20 PM
RitalinJunkie QUOTE (rabble @ Mar 15 2008, 08:20 PM) Fo... Mar 15 2008, 09:38 PM
rabble QUOTE (RitalinJunkie @ Mar 15 2008, 10:38... Mar 16 2008, 07:32 AM
kcroxyoursox QUOTE (Jessica @ Mar 14 2008, 02:49 PM) I... Mar 14 2008, 04:38 PM
FORSAKENR320 I THINK I MET CMAC AT THAT BLUE OCTOBER CONCERT WH... Mar 14 2008, 04:41 PM
Dogmeat QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Mar 14 2008, 04:41 ... Mar 14 2008, 09:24 PM
kcroxyoursox And I voted friends. There are only like three of ... Mar 14 2008, 04:41 PM
Jessica ooo inquiring minds want to know who you cant stan... Mar 14 2008, 05:47 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Jessica @ Mar 14 2008, 06:47 PM) o... Mar 14 2008, 06:18 PM
blaarg roffles, I am the only one who voted the last opti... Mar 14 2008, 09:01 PM
moebary i've met most of you on here at some point Mar 14 2008, 10:23 PM
cupcake I would get hammered with y'all.
I would also... Mar 15 2008, 10:52 AM
jonathan83 i've met a handful of you guys. Mar 15 2008, 11:30 AM
pysex some are friends some are friends of friends
and ... Mar 15 2008, 06:34 PM
chook I think I met Cupcake along time ago. His Niece, ... Mar 16 2008, 02:12 AM
cupcake QUOTE (chook @ Mar 16 2008, 03:12 AM) I t... Mar 17 2008, 12:44 PM
pebkac I consider techsans to be one big dysfunctional fa... Mar 16 2008, 06:20 PM
Melanie I think I have gotten completely smashed with most... Mar 16 2008, 09:41 PM
kcroxyoursox QUOTE (fingercuffs @ Mar 17 2008, 12:34 A... Mar 17 2008, 07:44 PM
Dogmeat QUOTE (kcroxyoursox @ Mar 17 2008, 07:44 ... Mar 17 2008, 07:48 PM
impala454 so... you chose friends? Mar 17 2008, 01:29 AM
Rocky I think he chose AIDS -
FUCKING FAGGOT.
Hi eve... Mar 17 2008, 04:52 AM
Psykopath Mistah SPARKLE ROCKY-SAN
Konichiwa! Mar 17 2008, 04:57 AM
moebary if i've raped you, you're my friend
if i ... Mar 17 2008, 02:14 PM
woody i consider all of you former fucks Mar 18 2008, 09:25 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 10:52 AM |