Mar 4 2008, 05:10 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
I'm sure we can do more hyptothetical polls, hence the name #1
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Mar 9 2008, 09:57 AM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() N 0 t h i n g Group: Members Posts: 1,449 Joined: 23-February 06 Member No.: 54 |
So Impala, do you believe that all people born into a slave owning family believed in slavery? Because it seems to be unbelievable to you that that's possible.
Typically, empathetic people would be against any kind of injustice done to anything or anyone else. It wouldn't matter if "everyone was doing it". Just as there are people who were born into strict christian families yet grow up to not support that kind of belief. -------------------- ![]() |
|
|
|
Mar 9 2008, 10:45 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 10,620 Joined: 23-February 06 From: Houston, TX Member No.: 48 |
So Impala, do you believe that all people born into a slave owning family believed in slavery? Because it seems to be unbelievable to you that that's possible. Typically, empathetic people would be against any kind of injustice done to anything or anyone else. It wouldn't matter if "everyone was doing it". Just as there are people who were born into strict christian families yet grow up to not support that kind of belief. But why is an empathetic person empathetic? It's because of their life experiences and upbringing. Not the brain cells they were born with. And no I'm not saying it would be impossible for the person in question to be against slavery, just highly improbable. If it was commonplace to think against the grain, slavery as an institution would not have lasted for thousands of years. |
|
|
|
impala454 Hypothetical Poll #1 Mar 4 2008, 05:10 PM
Testm0nkey who can really answer this question? Mar 4 2008, 05:19 PM
impala454 QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Mar 4 2008, 05:19 PM)... Mar 4 2008, 05:27 PM
Testm0nkey its just a stupid hypothetical Mar 4 2008, 05:34 PM
Psykopath QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Mar 4 2008, 05:34 PM)... Mar 4 2008, 06:08 PM
schwab well since i know exactly how i would feel if i wa... Mar 4 2008, 05:57 PM
Jessica No way to say for sure, but I think that discounti... Mar 4 2008, 06:43 PM
woody i'm going to vote yes cause i'm not about ... Mar 4 2008, 09:28 PM
Dogmeat I'm assuming I would approve of it because I... Mar 4 2008, 10:15 PM
chook In all honestly, I probably would because its the ... Mar 5 2008, 12:43 AM
impala454 It's very interesting IMHO to see how people a... Mar 5 2008, 12:51 AM
jonathan83 i've thought about this a lot before actually.... Mar 5 2008, 03:50 AM
schwab QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Mar 5 2008, 03:50 AM)... Mar 5 2008, 07:07 AM
pysex if i was born in a slave owning family i probably ... Mar 5 2008, 07:23 AM
Jessica I have morals completely different from my family ... Mar 5 2008, 10:48 AM
Dogmeat Personally I still think slavery should be legal, ... Mar 5 2008, 10:49 AM
cmac tough to know, but I think something in my mind wo... Mar 5 2008, 11:29 AM
The Fanatic Hmm I can't honestly say. But, I assume that i... Mar 5 2008, 12:35 PM
pebkac I'd like to say no. And I think that would mo... Mar 9 2008, 12:13 AM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Forum Warrior @ Mar 9 2008, 10:57 ... Mar 9 2008, 03:21 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Forum Warrior @ Mar 9 2008, 10:57 ... Mar 9 2008, 03:25 PM
Forum Warrior QUOTE (impala454 @ Mar 9 2008, 10:45 PM) ... Mar 10 2008, 01:05 PM
Oasis I want duane to be my slave
My sex slave Mar 9 2008, 03:30 PM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Oasis @ Mar 9 2008, 04:30 PM) I wa... Mar 9 2008, 03:32 PM
impala454 Let me go ahead and quote myself:
QUOTE (self)And ... Mar 10 2008, 02:52 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 07:05 PM |