Feb 24 2008, 08:06 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 885 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Lubbock, Texas Member No.: 12 |
So I'm going to visit San Antonio this weekend to check out UTSA for possible grad school.
Is there any restraunts/bars that y'all reccomend? Any places I should see? I've been to SA several times before and done the touristy stuff (alamo/riverwalk, fiesta) thanks |
|
|
|
![]() |
Feb 24 2008, 10:37 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008 Group: Members Posts: 8,635 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Port Wentworth, GA Member No.: 15 |
san antonio sucks balls.
There is a cool bar called The Flying Saucer off I-10 near the Fredricksburg exit somewhere...maybe one or 2 exits from there. They have beers from all over the world there. I forget how many they have on tap but it's a shit ton. Sherlocks is always a hoppin place to be. They have those everywhere though. I have never been to the one in San Antonio, but i know there is one there and that it's popular. The one in Austin is neat. I'm trying to think of things that are near UTSA... That's off 1604. You said you have done all the touristy stuff already, but that's right by Fiesta Texas and Sea World. I think they may be closed for another month though. There is a nice mall around there. I forget the name of it, but you cant miss it. If you are on 1604, take the I-10 west exit and you will see it on your right hand side as soon as you are getting on I-10. You may pass it, but you can loop around. There is also a bad ass huge movie theater right there. It's called the Palladium. Same area as the mall. If you're super bored, go see a movie. It's expensive as fuck there though so don't forget your student id for the discount. hmm.... word of caution... stay away from the Loop 410 area as much as possible. It's major butt fuckage from construction and other than restaurants and 2 malls, there isn't much over there worth seeing. Go to Rainforest Cafe because that restaurant is cool, and it's on the River Walk. |
|
|
|
jwttu San Antonio Feb 24 2008, 08:06 PM
Testm0nkey is fiesta = el mercado? if not then i recommend th... Feb 24 2008, 08:45 PM
jwttu QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Feb 24 2008, 08:45 PM... Feb 24 2008, 08:53 PM
Spectatrix Boardwalk Bistro is (or at least was, several year... Feb 24 2008, 10:44 PM
Melanie La Cantera is the mall off of 1604 and IH-10.
Go ... Feb 25 2008, 10:36 AM
THECHICKEN Flying saucer is on I-10 and huebner (past wurzbac... Feb 25 2008, 11:51 AM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 04:43 AM |