IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Epileptic Seizures
Oasis
post Feb 22 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



Does anyone have, or know anyone who suffers from seizures? A few people I know have them including my girlfriend but I've never seen anyone have one until this morning. My girlfriend had a seizure at the breakfast table. She started convulsing, her mouth started foaming/slobbering, and her eyes rolled back. She nearly fell but I caught her and laid her on her side (this is what you're supposed to do, I had no idea and got lucky and guessed right). For about 3-4 minutes she was completely out of it, and when she came to she had no idea what just happened. Scared the living hell out of me.

I'm not familiar with seizures whatsoever other than what I read on Wikipedia. How serious are they?


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
Testm0nkey
post Feb 22 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #2


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



she could get her corpus callosum severed and be 100% safe from a grand mal seizure! a seizure is just a blurry of neuronal transmission in a localized region of the brain that can affect greater and greater parts. thats why they are bad and dangerous. typically they only happen in a small region, or hemisphere. when they cross the corpus callosum they are called "grand mal" seizures and these are very dangerous and typically the ones that are fatal/cause the most permanent damage


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 07:55 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com