Feb 22 2008, 03:35 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,329 Joined: 20-June 07 Member No.: 1,243 |
Does anyone have, or know anyone who suffers from seizures? A few people I know have them including my girlfriend but I've never seen anyone have one until this morning. My girlfriend had a seizure at the breakfast table. She started convulsing, her mouth started foaming/slobbering, and her eyes rolled back. She nearly fell but I caught her and laid her on her side (this is what you're supposed to do, I had no idea and got lucky and guessed right). For about 3-4 minutes she was completely out of it, and when she came to she had no idea what just happened. Scared the living hell out of me.
I'm not familiar with seizures whatsoever other than what I read on Wikipedia. How serious are they? -------------------- ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
Feb 22 2008, 03:42 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Group: Admin Posts: 6,906 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Austin Member No.: 9 |
They can be very serious. As far as long-term care goes, your girlfriend should probably be on medication and consulting with doctors if she's not already. When a seizure occurs, the main advice I've heard is just to keep things away from them that they could bump into and hurt themselves with.
-------------------- |
|
|
|
Feb 22 2008, 03:45 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,329 Joined: 20-June 07 Member No.: 1,243 |
They can be very serious. As far as long-term care goes, your girlfriend should probably be on medication and consulting with doctors if she's not already. She is -------------------- ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
Oasis Epileptic Seizures Feb 22 2008, 03:35 PM
Hartmann It's weird that you bring this up...
A friend... Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM
Testm0nkey she could get her corpus callosum severed and be 1... Feb 22 2008, 05:49 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 07:54 AM |