IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Epileptic Seizures
Oasis
post Feb 22 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



Does anyone have, or know anyone who suffers from seizures? A few people I know have them including my girlfriend but I've never seen anyone have one until this morning. My girlfriend had a seizure at the breakfast table. She started convulsing, her mouth started foaming/slobbering, and her eyes rolled back. She nearly fell but I caught her and laid her on her side (this is what you're supposed to do, I had no idea and got lucky and guessed right). For about 3-4 minutes she was completely out of it, and when she came to she had no idea what just happened. Scared the living hell out of me.

I'm not familiar with seizures whatsoever other than what I read on Wikipedia. How serious are they?


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
Spectatrix
post Feb 22 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #2





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



They can be very serious. As far as long-term care goes, your girlfriend should probably be on medication and consulting with doctors if she's not already. When a seizure occurs, the main advice I've heard is just to keep things away from them that they could bump into and hurt themselves with.


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 07:55 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com