Feb 18 2008, 01:11 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Group: Members Posts: 2,329 Joined: 20-June 07 Member No.: 1,243 |
Probably one of the worst "holy shit, it's a small world" scenarios just happeneed.
In December one of our businesses burned down. There hasn't been an official ruling on whether or not it was accidental or arson, although pretty much everyone suspects arson (We had a loser douchebag working for us who we had to fire because he could never show up for work on time; Apparently, he's hated us ever since. Plus, he's nuts). A few nights ago I was driving by with my girlfriend and she asked was that our building. Yeah, I said. She told me she was talking to her dad about it and her dad knows who did it. I goddamn near swerved off the road. Apparently, the main suspect lives across the street from her dad and they're drinking buddies. I told her to get whatever info she could from her dad and after talking to him, she said he told me if I met with him he'd tell me who did it. I went over to his house and the first second I mentioned the suspects name he completely clammed up. Told me he had no idea who did it and he never told Erica (my gf) anything and she must have misheard him. Bullshit. It's blatantly obvious he got spooked or something and now won't talk. He knows exactly who did it and who did it was the guy we suspected from the beginning. Is he under any legal obligation to tell the police if he knows who committed a crime? I would think so. I just don't know what to do, because if I went to the police myself and told them my girlfriend's dad knows who did it it could start all kinds of shit with their family. Plus I'm sure he would just deny any knowledge. -------------------- ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
Feb 18 2008, 01:28 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Why so serious? Group: Global Moderators Posts: 5,286 Joined: 22-February 06 From: Fate, TX Member No.: 4 |
Probably one of the worst "holy shit, it's a small world" scenarios just happeneed. In December one of our businesses burned down. There hasn't been an official ruling on whether or not it was accidental or arson, although pretty much everyone suspects arson (We had a loser douchebag working for us who we had to fire because he could never show up for work on time; Apparently, he's hated us ever since. Plus, he's nuts). A few nights ago I was driving by with my girlfriend and she asked was that our building. Yeah, I said. She told me she was talking to her dad about it and her dad knows who did it. I goddamn near swerved off the road. Apparently, the main suspect lives across the street from her dad and they're drinking buddies. I told her to get whatever info she could from her dad and after talking to him, she said he told me if I met with him he'd tell me who did it. I went over to his house and the first second I mentioned the suspects name he completely clammed up. Told me he had no idea who did it and he never told Erica (my gf) anything and she must have misheard him. Bullshit. It's blatantly obvious he got spooked or something and now won't talk. He knows exactly who did it and who did it was the guy we suspected from the beginning. Is he under any legal obligation to tell the police if he knows who committed a crime? I would think so. I just don't know what to do, because if I went to the police myself and told them my girlfriend's dad knows who did it it could start all kinds of shit with their family. Plus I'm sure he would just deny any knowledge. Do you care about catching the guy that burned down your business? If you do, then you shouldn't give two shits what your girlfriend's family thinks. A crime was committed. Justice should be more important than pissing off some douchebag who is potentially protecting a criminal. -------------------- |
|
|
|
Oasis Legal obligation? Feb 18 2008, 01:11 PM
pysex QUOTE (Psykopath @ Feb 18 2008, 01:28 PM)... Feb 18 2008, 01:42 PM
impala454 Obvious to him maybe but not obvious in a criminal... Feb 18 2008, 02:32 PM
Oasis QUOTE (impala454 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:32 PM)... Feb 18 2008, 04:18 PM
theIncredibleEdibleDuane I think they might want something a bit more subst... Feb 18 2008, 02:34 PM
Spectatrix Talk to your lawyer. Feb 18 2008, 02:40 PM
pebkac QUOTE (Oasis @ Feb 18 2008, 01:11 PM) Pro... Feb 18 2008, 03:10 PM
Hartmann Yeah, I'd say without a recording of your conv... Feb 19 2008, 08:00 AM
Spectatrix You might just tell the police the story like you ... Feb 19 2008, 09:02 AM
Jessica I wouldn't tell the police that. They won... Feb 19 2008, 09:38 AM
FORSAKENR320 QUOTE (Jessica @ Feb 19 2008, 09:38 AM) E... Feb 19 2008, 03:54 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 2nd October 2026 - 01:50 PM |