IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> What are you spending your tax rebate on?
dauss
post Mar 25 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 706
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Lubbock, TX
Member No.: 20



The schedule is out. Source
CODE
Direct deposit:
If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:    Your tax rebate should be sent to your bank account by:
00-20    May 2
21-75    May 9
76-99    May 16
Paper check:
If the last two digits of your Social Security number are:    Your check should be in the mail by:
00-09    May 16
10-18    May 23
19-25    May 30
26-38    June 6
39-51    June 13
52-63    June 20
64-75    June 27
76-87    July 4
88-99    July 11

Just wondering what people were thinking about doing with their $300-$1200.


--------------------
Beers that I have had, updated July 5th, 2009: 1,548
My Beer List

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Mahatma Gandhi
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
kcroxyoursox
post Mar 25 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #2


No day but today...


Group: Members
Posts: 773
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 5



If we filed our taxes and had the refund directly deposited, is that how the rebate will be too? Or do we need to do something else? Where can I go to make sure I have the right address in case the check gets mailed?

As far as spending it, we're not. We just bought a house, so into savings it will go, to collect interest and grow. From what I understand, it's not a rebate so much as an advance of tax return money you would otherwise be getting in the years to come. But I don't have the source to that article, so I might be wrong.


--------------------
Forget regret
or life is yours to miss
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Mar 25 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #3


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



i fucking owed $900 on income taxes this year.

so I'll be spending the rebate on fucking paying off my credit card that I had to put the fucking taxes on sad.gif


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 26 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #4


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (kcroxyoursox @ Mar 25 2008, 09:35 PM) *
If we filed our taxes and had the refund directly deposited, is that how the rebate will be too? Or do we need to do something else? Where can I go to make sure I have the right address in case the check gets mailed?

As far as spending it, we're not. We just bought a house, so into savings it will go, to collect interest and grow. From what I understand, it's not a rebate so much as an advance of tax return money you would otherwise be getting in the years to come. But I don't have the source to that article, so I might be wrong.
The way I understood it is more of a tax credit. In other words, it's $x00 that we already paid toward our taxes next year....

I'm only getting $300, but I think my husband is getting $600
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Epic
post Mar 26 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 756
Joined: 22-February 06
From: san marcos, tx
Member No.: 27



jessica's answer...diapers...seriously though, one of my friends got screwed over buying diapers early because she had a big kid who wouldn't fit into the diapers she bought!

I'm paying down credit card debt. i'm almost free!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
rabble
post Mar 26 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #6


START THE REACTOR!


Group: Members
Posts: 874
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 52



I dunno what I'll get, $600 is about what I make in a week so its sort of not a big deal for me.

Maybe I'll buy a used boat.


--------------------
FUCK YOU
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cmac
post Mar 26 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #7





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,591
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 31



saving it. cause bush wants me to spend it.


--------------------
Don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
rabble
post Mar 26 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #8


START THE REACTOR!


Group: Members
Posts: 874
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 52



QUOTE (cmac @ Mar 26 2008, 12:19 PM) *
saving it. cause bush wants me to spend it.



If you're going to go that far, why not give it to charity?

Then you can claim it on your next year's tax return!


--------------------
FUCK YOU
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Mar 26 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #9


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



paying down my debt to my parents! the only debt i have


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Oasis
post Mar 26 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #10





Group: Members
Posts: 2,329
Joined: 20-June 07
Member No.: 1,243



heroin


--------------------

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cmac
post Mar 26 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #11





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,591
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 31



QUOTE (rabble @ Mar 26 2008, 10:26 AM) *
If you're going to go that far, why not give it to charity?
Then you can claim it on your next year's tax return!


good call.
i'm donating it to charity.


--------------------
Don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Mar 26 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #12



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



robots.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
theIncredibleEdi...
post Mar 26 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #13





Group: Members
Posts: 1,566
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 66



to pay for another bear run.....
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Melanie
post Mar 26 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #14





Group: Members
Posts: 531
Joined: 26-June 06
From: San Marcos and San Antonio
Member No.: 221



feed my caffeine addiction probably
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Mar 26 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #15


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Epic @ Mar 26 2008, 11:30 AM) *
jessica's answer...diapers...seriously though, one of my friends got screwed over buying diapers early because she had a big kid who wouldn't fit into the diapers she bought!

I'm paying down credit card debt. i'm almost free!
The only thing left for me to buy is a stroller/car seat system. I've bought most everything else.

My tax rebate is going to credit cards. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 04:42 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com