IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


> Dallas and traffic
jonathan83
post May 15 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #1





Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,558
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Seoul, South Korea
Member No.: 28



Ok so I'm visiting my sister in McKinney (north of Plano) and actually I was a bit nervous because I had never driven in Dallas traffic. Honestly, the biggest city I had driven in was Lubbock, so you can imagine.

However, I've been here 2 days now, and oh my gosh. PEOPLE ACTUALLY USE BLINKERS.

People know how to drive...and they are NICE and let you in when you use your blinker too! I think I've fallen in love with this place just because of the drivers.

Oh, and right after I decided to make this thread, I read this story on CNN about how the worst city with road rage is Miami, and this is what else they say:
QUOTE
The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Oregon; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/road.rage.ap/index.html

So I'm not making it up!


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 31)
James
post May 15 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #2


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Haha. Yeah. I remember when I told my dad I was gonna drive in Dallas for the first time a few years ago, he had me all scared and shit, but then when I got there, it wasn't bad at all. Guess it was worse when he lived there in the 80's.

Notice Houston is not a friendly place to drive according to that list wink.gif


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post May 15 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



lol dallas driving isn't that bad... its just that the roads are screwed up in some places and you can get lost.

Rush hour with a wreck on a road can piss me off, but usually dallas traffic is just fine.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post May 15 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #4





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



In DFW you always have the dumbass in the far right lane going 20 mph under the limit, and the dumbass in the far left lane going 20 mph over the limit.

If you're driving slow and you see me behind you, then you better speed your ass up cause I'll tailgate you to death and MAKE you get over, bitch. Slow drivers piss me the f' off.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 15 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



that was you lance? I make speedy gonzales tail gaters commit suicide.

I have the patience of Job...and will conquer.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #6


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



laugh.gif

I like driving the speed limit next to cars driving the speed limit to slow down the speed demons. Good entertainment while driving.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post May 15 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #7





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



I like to tap slow drivers lightly on the rear with the front end of my car. It sends them the message that they better get over or they'll soon be dead.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 15 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #8


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I thought there was another new member... but that's just Lance. GAY
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post May 15 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #9



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



QUOTE (Overlord @ May 15 2007, 02:53 PM) *
In DFW you always have the dumbass in the far right lane going 20 mph under the limit, and the dumbass in the far left lane going 20 mph over the limit.

If you're driving slow and you see me behind you, then you better speed your ass up cause I'll tailgate you to death and MAKE you get over, bitch. Slow drivers piss me the f' off.


i like stepping on my brakes when people me tailgate for too long.

im generally of the mind that there are other lanes, if you wish to go faster, you may go around.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post May 15 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #10





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ May 15 2007, 04:43 PM) *
i like stepping on my brakes when people me tailgate for too long.

im generally of the mind that there are other lanes, if you wish to go faster, you may go around.


That's fine and dandy as long as you're in the slow lane and not holding up the fast lane. If you're doing that in the fast lane then you deserve to be shot.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 15 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #11





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE (TinEqualWin @ May 15 2007, 04:28 PM) *
I like to tap slow drivers lightly on the rear with the front end of my car. It sends them the message that they better get over or they'll soon be dead.


1. my truck bumper is higher than average and would fuck most car hoods up.

2. my brakes work well.

3. not intimidated. I have hurryuppers get pissed at me a few times a week. to the point of honking and cussing and flipping off. they've yet to want to talk about their anger issues when presented with the opportunity.

for the record, I am talking about going the speed limit in town...not freeway driving. freeway, I go the speed of the flow of traffic...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post May 15 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #12





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



QUOTE (James @ May 15 2007, 04:25 PM) *
laugh.gif

I like driving the speed limit next to cars driving the speed limit to slow down the speed demons. Good entertainment while driving.

And you're the person i hope gets in a fatal accident every day. As long as people are just going fast, and not just "weaving", then you should get over and let them move past instead of creating a hostile situation.

(highway driving, in city doesn't really matter to me)


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #13


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Boohoo. Look on the bright side. I'm saving people from getting tickets laugh.gif


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post May 15 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #14





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



QUOTE (James @ May 15 2007, 05:48 PM) *
Boohoo. Look on the bright side. I'm saving people from getting tickets laugh.gif

And causing a more dangerous condition for them and other people on the road....

congrats


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #15


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



I don't see how slowing down traffic to the speed limit, not slower, but at, creates a more dangerous condition. But hey, you keep making excuses for your road rage and let me know when you feel like taking responsibility for yourself.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post May 15 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #16





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



QUOTE (James @ May 15 2007, 05:56 PM) *
I don't see how slowing down traffic to the speed limit, not slower, but at, creates a more dangerous condition. But hey, you keep making excuses for your road rage and let me know when you feel like taking responsibility for yourself.

hahaha you thought i was refering to myself being a speed demon... funny. I at max go 5 over... road rage to the max i know. But what i DO while on the road is make it safer by moving over for faster moving traffic.

And if you can't see how slowing down people going faster is dangerous (while in the fast lane!) then you really need to learn to drive better.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #17


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Fast lane, huh? Let me get out my Texas Traffic Code and see where it talks about that. Oh, it's not in there. Damn. Then I guess I'll keep doing what I do and people will slow down or buy me a new truck.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post May 15 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #18





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



QUOTE (James @ May 15 2007, 05:56 PM) *
I don't see how slowing down traffic to the speed limit, not slower, but at, creates a more dangerous condition. But hey, you keep making excuses for your road rage and let me know when you feel like taking responsibility for yourself.


You're supposed to go with the flow of traffic, if the flow of traffic is going greater than the speed limit then the common sense thing to is speed up or get out of the way. If you don't then people behind you will have to slam on their brakes which will cause nasty accidents. Damn dude, I thought you were smarter than that. My respect for you just died a little inside.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post May 15 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #19





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



QUOTE (James @ May 15 2007, 06:24 PM) *
Fast lane, huh? Let me get out my Texas Traffic Code and see where it talks about that. Oh, it's not in there. Damn. Then I guess I'll keep doing what I do and people will slow down or buy me a new truck.

Exactly... and thats why i hope people like you die in horrible accidents. (lol and you'll end up causing a traffic back up anyway)

Oh and ever seen the signs "slower cars keep right"

or how about "left land for passing"

no... no.... read better


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #20


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Oh no! I'm gonna go commit suicide now. I just lost Lance's respect sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

In case you didn't know, it is the responsibility of the driver to keep a safe distance between themself and the car in front of them. There is nothing said about keeping a safe distance between yourself and the car behind you.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #21


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



QUOTE (THECHICKEN @ May 15 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Exactly... and thats why i hope people like you die in horrible accidents. (lol and you'll end up causing a traffic back up anyway)

Oh and ever seen the signs "slower cars keep right"

or how about "left land for passing"

no... no.... read better


Yes, I've seen those signs, and I abide by them. They are not posted everywhere, so I don't abide by them everywhere.

And faster is a relative word. If one car is going 69 and you're doing 70, it takes a long time for you to get beyond them wink.gif


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
JRockTTU
post May 15 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #22





Group: Members
Posts: 660
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 22



QUOTE (THECHICKEN @ May 15 2007, 06:26 PM) *
Exactly... and thats why i hope people like you die in horrible accidents. (lol and you'll end up causing a traffic back up anyway)

Oh and ever seen the signs "slower cars keep right"

or how about "left land for passing"

no... no.... read better

I thought that the "slower cars keep right" was intended for people going below the speed limit, the left lane is for people going the speed limit.

It is against the law to speed even when you're passing someone, if I remember correctly from driver's ed.

I'm with James and cannonball on this one, I go the speed limit or with the flow of traffic, but if I'm in my lane and somebody flies onto my ass trying to go 80 in a 60, I'm not moving to let them by. The worst is when there is an open lane next to me and they still tailgate me, that's when I'll do my best to trap them like James said, haha. And I'm not talking about going slow to be a dick, I'm talking about following the traffic law.


--------------------
LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Junsui
post May 15 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #23


Formerly known as Ctex


Group: Members
Posts: 294
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Dallas
Member No.: 23



QUOTE (jonathan83 @ May 15 2007, 02:43 PM) *
Ok so I'm visiting my sister in McKinney (north of Plano) and actually I was a bit nervous because I had never driven in Dallas traffic. Honestly, the biggest city I had driven in was Lubbock, so you can imagine.

However, I've been here 2 days now, and oh my gosh. PEOPLE ACTUALLY USE BLINKERS.

People know how to drive...and they are NICE and let you in when you use your blinker too! I think I've fallen in love with this place just because of the drivers.

Oh, and right after I decided to make this thread, I read this story on CNN about how the worst city with road rage is Miami, and this is what else they say:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/road.rage.ap/index.html

So I'm not making it up!



Hmm I don't know what you're talking about. I grew up in Dallas and have driven all over that city. I never let people over if they had a blinker on, in fact I would speed up so they wouldn't get in front of me and I did this because everyone else did. People ride your ass to try to make you go faster. On the Tollway the speed limit is 60, if you aren't going at least 70 you will get run over. I would hardly ever see someone use a blinker to change lanes. I'm glad you had a good experience driving there, but that is not what I experienced growing up there. Even when I go back to visit it's the same way. I get into my road rage persona when I hit the Dallas city limits. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post May 15 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #24





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



QUOTE (James @ May 15 2007, 06:31 PM) *
Oh no! I'm gonna go commit suicide now. I just lost Lance's respect sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

In case you didn't know, it is the responsibility of the driver to keep a safe distance between themself and the car in front of them. There is nothing said about keeping a safe distance between yourself and the car behind you.

lol actually you are responsible for keeping a safe distance from the guy behind you. Definsive driving 101.

You keep the distance infront/ behind in check at all times along with keeping the cars beside you in safe positions.

Driving safe isn't about spiting the people who are going faster, its about making the road safer to drive on in general, especially on a highway. So sure you can:
A. be a complete ass and slow everyone down, causing frustration and causing cars to changes lanes much more just to get around you (increasing chance of wreck)

OR

B. just swallow your arrogance and move over so everyone can be on their merry way


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
John6.7
post May 15 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #25


Your Private Eye


Group: Members
Posts: 252
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 60



QUOTE (THECHICKEN @ May 15 2007, 06:39 PM) *
lol actually you are responsible for keeping a safe distance from the guy behind you. Definsive driving 101.

You keep the distance infront/ behind in check at all times along with keeping the cars beside you in safe positions.

Driving safe isn't about spiting the people who are going faster, its about making the road safer to drive on in general, especially on a highway. So sure you can:
A. be a complete ass and slow everyone down, causing frustration and causing cars to changes lanes much more just to get around you (increasing chance of wreck)

OR

B. just swallow your arrogance and move over so everyone can be on their merry way


2nd!

I almost want to get a truck so I can just ram into people when they cut me off and drive 15mph under the speed limit.

I speed on the highway, but I will always move over for faster cars. I don't understand why some of you people want to be assholes and block them and not move. You are mad that you don't have the balls to drive faster? You just want to be a dick? Please let me know... I really would like to understand this.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Junsui
post May 15 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #26


Formerly known as Ctex


Group: Members
Posts: 294
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Dallas
Member No.: 23



Well for me, if I'm in the middle or right lane and I'm already going 10 above the speed limit I don't feel it's necessary for me to move out of someone else's way. If someone is wanting to go that fast they can easily pass me in the left lane, but for some strange reason they choose not to and just stay on my ass. Why is that? I understand wanting to go fast, as you can see I speed too. I don't cut people off and go slow and I hate when people do that to me. So why do people ride your ass when you are already speeding and not in the left lane?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
John6.7
post May 15 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #27


Your Private Eye


Group: Members
Posts: 252
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 60



QUOTE (Junsui @ May 15 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Well for me, if I'm in the middle or right lane and I'm already going 10 above the speed limit I don't feel it's necessary for me to move out of someone else's way. If someone is wanting to go that fast they can easily pass me in the left lane, but for some strange reason they choose not to and just stay on my ass. Why is that? I understand wanting to go fast, as you can see I speed too. I don't cut people off and go slow and I hate when people do that to me. So why do people ride your ass when you are already speeding and not in the left lane?


That I don't know.

I hate those people who sit on your ass when they could pass.

But... If there are open lanes next to you, go whatever speed you want.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #28


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Saving you a couple hundred dollars and some points on your DL. Ain't I nice smile.gif


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
JRockTTU
post May 15 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #29





Group: Members
Posts: 660
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 22



QUOTE (Junsui @ May 15 2007, 07:15 PM) *
Well for me, if I'm in the middle or right lane and I'm already going 10 above the speed limit I don't feel it's necessary for me to move out of someone else's way. If someone is wanting to go that fast they can easily pass me in the left lane, but for some strange reason they choose not to and just stay on my ass. Why is that? I understand wanting to go fast, as you can see I speed too. I don't cut people off and go slow and I hate when people do that to me. So why do people ride your ass when you are already speeding and not in the left lane?

This is what I'm talking about, I don't cut people off, I hate that shit, and I don't intentionally find people to antagonize. I also don't try to slow people down in the left lane. It's when I'm in the right or middle and people fly up on my ass and tailgate that I try to antagonize them.


--------------------
LANCE IS PRO-CENSORSHIP! HE IS CENSORING MY LOVE FOR THE LORD!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 15 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #30


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Oh whoa. Wait. I don't think I said I cut people off. I don't. I notice someone speeding along half a mile or more back, and then I move over. Cutting people off is not smart and just begging to be run into.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
chook
post May 15 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #31


Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,115
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Way out yonder
Member No.: 68



all i can say, is you are supposed to pass to the left.

I did the LA traffic this week. I actually liked it better than Texas, its like supersizing dallas for only 3.9 million more!


--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post May 16 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #32



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



QUOTE (TinEqualWin @ May 15 2007, 04:50 PM) *
That's fine and dandy as long as you're in the slow lane and not holding up the fast lane. If you're doing that in the fast lane then you deserve to be shot.



i generally roll in the middle lanes. depending on the traffic only about five to ten over. i dont care about that 'go with the flow' bullshit. ive been pulled over and ticketed for speeding while going with the flow.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th October 2026 - 06:06 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com