IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Student Arrested, For disturbing essay
The Fanatic
post Apr 27 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #1


Do they ignore parts of reality?


Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,935
Joined: 23-February 06
From: South Overton!!!
Member No.: 46



http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/27/student.e...t.ap/index.html


--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
schwab
post Apr 28 2007, 02:48 AM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 1,761
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Lubbock/Dubai
Member No.: 57



my girlfriend who is a english teacher in middle school even thought that was bullshit....


--------------------
bored...so i did this
http://beerlist.wetpaint.com/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
psidancer
post Apr 28 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #3


Fantastic!


Group: Members
Posts: 219
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Portales, NM
Member No.: 51



QUOTE
Defense attorney Dane Loizzo said Allen Lee has never been disciplined in school and signed Marine enlistment papers last week.


Which goes to prove you can get good grades and still end up in Iraq....



*ba dum bum*


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
GOB
post Apr 28 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #4


monogamous gays & stem cells


Group: Members
Posts: 3,789
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 8



common sense > book smarts


what kind of a retard would write something like this for a class? whether or not he was told he could write anything he wanted, give me a fucking break.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
THECHICKEN
post Apr 28 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 1,302
Joined: 20-February 07
Member No.: 721



Dude, i want to fire 2 p90's at the same time. That'd be fun as hell.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 28 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #6


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



QUOTE (psidancer @ Apr 28 2007, 01:58 PM) *
Which goes to prove you can get good grades and still end up in Iraq....
*ba dum bum*


You make it sound as though it was his only option or that it's a bad thing. Why for?

Anyway, if Congress gets its way, he probably wouldn't finish training in time to deploy to Iraq since he's still in high school.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 28 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #7


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Also, agree that the decision of the school was excessive.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Apr 29 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #8





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



And so it begins. The fucktard in Virginia wrote "disturbing" 1-act plays, so now anybody who writes something deemed "disturbing" is going to be suspended, pulled out of school, arrested, sent to counseling, etc. etc. etc.


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 29 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #9


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



Kids need to learn that their words and actions have consequences and that there are boundaries. I agree with the punishment.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Apr 29 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #10


ROCKPACALYPSE NOW


Group: Members
Posts: 1,519
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Dallas, TX
Member No.: 13



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 29 2007, 01:24 PM) *
Kids need to learn that their words and actions have consequences and that there are boundaries. I agree with the punishment.




QUOTE
Students were told to "write whatever comes to your mind. Do not judge or censor what you are writing," according to a copy of the assignment.


--------------------
QUOTE (Lance)
now we have some dude from argentina wondering how to fuck dogmeat
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 29 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #11


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Rocky @ Apr 29 2007, 01:32 PM) *

I know. I can read. I went to a private Baptist school that didnt tolerate stupid shit like that. I like feeling safe at school, and I felt safe. Kids and teachers just dont feel safe anymore.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Apr 29 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #12


ROCKPACALYPSE NOW


Group: Members
Posts: 1,519
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Dallas, TX
Member No.: 13



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 29 2007, 01:35 PM) *
I know. I can read. I went to a private Baptist school that didnt tolerate stupid shit like that. I like feeling safe at school, and I felt safe. Kids and teachers just dont feel safe anymore.


Thats not the point at all. The point is, the students were explicitly told to write what is on their minds without any censorship. You can read - but can you understand and interpret ?


I definitely think that essays for school should not be about going on a killing spree. However, when you tell students, to write, anything that comes to their minds without censorship - what do you expect ! Sure you could do this a million times and most people won't write about subject matter that is violent and scary, but any teacher with half an overflowed toilet's worth of shit fragments for brains should know the possibilities.


What if in an offshoot chance a child uses such an assignment as a true cry for help ? Didn't you have compassion in a sense for Cho because he had problems and it seemed that nobody was helping him ?

At the most they should have talked to the student and say that they felt concerned with his paper and they want to make sure things are going ok for him.


Or explicitly mention guidelines in assignments.


I had a teacher request an essay one day in form of a petition for an inclass assignment. For us to write in regards to a cause of any kind. I wrote for the eradication of all religions on this planet. She was pissed at me and gave me a C-, if even that...I don't recall specifically. I didn't get in trouble, but it was sure stupid to see that my instructor was being biased on subject matter rather than the actual quality of my paper [and yes I was an A student].


If you want to feel safe, then stop going to school by around 8th grade. By then we were using the sharp compass in math classes. I was also big enough that I know I could effectively stab that into the bodies of multiple people before any security could get there. In Chemistry we had tons of flammable and explosive chemicals on hand. Safety is an illusion we all try our hardest to live in and feel.


--------------------
QUOTE (Lance)
now we have some dude from argentina wondering how to fuck dogmeat
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 29 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #13





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



QUOTE (Rocky @ Apr 29 2007, 01:48 PM) *
You can read - but can you understand and interpret ?


ice burn

no she can't, just look at the rape thread
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 29 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #14


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Rocky @ Apr 29 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Thats not the point at all. The point is, the students were explicitly told to write what is on their minds without any censorship. You can read - but can you understand and interpret ?


the more jessica talks in these threads, the more she convinces me that women should be treated the same as horses. breed them for good genetics, develop some good bloodstock.... but lock them in a wooden cage until you wanna take them out for a ride.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 29 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #15





Group: Members
Posts: 5,275
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 2



lol we give jessica such a hard time

sometimes i almost feel bad
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 30 2007, 06:15 AM
Post #16


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Overlord @ Apr 29 2007, 06:32 PM) *
lol we give jessica such a hard time

sometimes i almost feel bad



don't get me wrong... i greatly enjoy the girls company in person. but our e-personas clash


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 09:11 AM
Post #17


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Rocky @ Apr 29 2007, 01:48 PM) *
You can read - but can you understand and interpret ?
Yes, I understand and I just interpret it differently than you do.

If you tell a young child that they can play any game that they want to play...that means any game within reason. No strip poker and shit like that. In this case, the teacher wanted the students to be creative. Write anything their imagination brings to mind.... there are unsaid limits though. The student knew this. He was just trying to test boundaries. Thats cool, though, if you want to throw low blows to get your point across. I expect that from idiots like Brandon, but not from you.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #18


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Overlord @ Apr 29 2007, 06:32 PM) *
lol we give jessica such a hard time

sometimes i almost feel bad


Im the one that's stupid enough to stick around here. What ya'll say doesn't bother me. In fact, most of it is either funny or entertains me.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Apr 30 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #19



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 10:11 AM) *
Yes, I understand and I just interpret it differently than you do.

If you tell a young child that they can play any game that they want to play...that means any game within reason. No strip poker and shit like that. In this case, the teacher wanted the students to be creative. Write anything their imagination brings to mind.... there are unsaid limits though. The student knew this. He was just trying to test boundaries. Thats cool, though, if you want to throw low blows to get your point across. I expect that from idiots like Brandon, but not from you.



theres a bold word in that statement that makes all the difference. if the teacher says to write whatever comes to mind, the students are expected to do so. the teacher did not say 'write whatever you want, withing reason.' anything that is an unsaid limit is unknown unless shared. just like teaching a child what is 'bad' they have no clue what you consider 'bad' until you program your version of 'bad' into them.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #20


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I think you all are ignorant to how much a teenager knows the difference between right and wrong. Quit making this kid out to be an innocent victim. He knew what he was doing....pushing limits. Its against the law to make threats. He made a threat. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Apr 30 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #21



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



teenagers do indeed know limits. i work around them every week.

they also tend to take things literally quite a bit. analytical depth is not something the average teenager is known for.

so maybe we can stop polarizing and realize i am right.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #22


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Apr 30 2007, 12:28 PM) *
teenagers do indeed know limits. i work around them every week.

they also tend to take things literally quite a bit. analytical depth is not something the average teenager is known for.

so maybe we can stop polarizing and realize i am right.




again, underestimating teenagers. yeah, analytical depth isnt their strong point, but this isnt something too deep. "hmm write anything I want? ok... ill write about killing people cuz she said ANYTHING and it will be funny to see her reaction when i write this cuz she cant do anything about it cuz she said ANYTHING." Seriously, ridiculous. Kids must know that there are consequences for their actions. The word "anything" in my opinion has always constituted an unsaid "within reason". When I was in jr high and high school, we were given writing assignments where the teacher said "anything" and none of us were stupid enough to pull shit like this. Kids will be intelligent when it is demanded of them. Quit giving kids every excuse in the book to act ignorant.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Apr 30 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #23



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



i dunno. one of the younger asshats at the store did the exact same shit in his creative writing class. only instead of writing about running around in class killing things. it was sci-fi guys in red armor with axes hacking apart people.

how different is it?


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 30 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #24





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



oh I am quite certain that guy "knew" what he was doing was wrong when he wrote it...he intentionally did it to push the envelope and create a stir...

which makes his arrest all the gayer. a true nutcase wouldn't write something so blatantly controversial so soon after the worst school shooting in history.

it's a harmless paper. he's just trying to fuck some shit up or start a fight. he'll make a fine marine.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #25


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ Apr 30 2007, 01:01 PM) *
i dunno. one of the younger asshats at the store did the exact same shit in his creative writing class. only instead of writing about running around in class killing things. it was sci-fi guys in red armor with axes hacking apart people.

how different is it?


he used an out of body character so it seemed more imaginary than a statement of intent.



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 30 2007, 01:04 PM) *
oh I am quite certain that guy "knew" what he was doing was wrong when he wrote it...he intentionally did it to push the envelope and create a stir...

which makes his arrest all the gayer. a true nutcase wouldn't write something so blatantly controversial so soon after the worst school shooting in history.

it's a harmless paper. he's just trying to fuck some shit up or start a fight. he'll make a fine marine.


I just think there should be consequences.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 30 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #26





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



such as ruining his military career before it ever started?

He's been kicked out of the DEP (the military status thingee you are in before you go to bootcamp) as a result of this arrest.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Apr 30 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #27



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



reproduction

a place with the paper.

QUOTE
Blood sex and Booze. Drugs Drugs Drugs are fun. Stab, Stab, Stab, S…t…a…b…, poke. "So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P90s and started shooting everyone…, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did." Umm, yeah, what to wright about…… I'm leaving to join the Marines and I really don't give a [expletive] about my academics, so why does the only class that's complete [expletive], happen to be the only required class…enough said. The model citizen would stay around to vote in new board member to change the 4 years of English policy, but no one really stays around to vote for that kind of local crap, so whoever gets there name on the Ballet with a pretty face gets to do what the [expletive] ever they want with local ordinance. A person is smart, but people are dumb selfish animals. We can't make rules for ourselves so we vote others to do it for us, but we can't even do that right, I meen seriously, Bush for President? And our other option was John Kerry who claimed to parktake in Vietnam Special Forces missions that haven't been declassified…. [expletive]. So Power Flower Super Mario. Pudge, hook, rot, dismember "Fresh Meat." Most new/young teachers are laid back, and cooperative with students as feedback and input into the curriculum and atmosphere. My current English teacher is a control freak intent on setting a gap between herself and her students like a 63 year old white male fortune 500 company CEO, and a illegal immigrant. If CG was a private catholic school, I could understand, but wtf is her problem. And baking brownies and rice crispies does not make up for it, way to try and justify yourself as a good teacher while underhandidly looking for complements on your cooking. No quarrel on you qualifications as a writer, but as a teacher, don't be surprised on inspiring the first cg shooting.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 30 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #28





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



OH SHIT it's all clear now...

they got him cause he's another chinaman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #29


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 30 2007, 01:18 PM) *
such as ruining his military career before it ever started?

He's been kicked out of the DEP (the military status thingee you are in before you go to bootcamp) as a result of this arrest.




ok well that kinda sucks. thats taking the punishment too far, but i guess they have to set the example with someone
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
GOB
post Apr 30 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #30


monogamous gays & stem cells


Group: Members
Posts: 3,789
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 8



i hope he enjoys his out-of-court settlement check
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #31


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 30 2007, 07:15 AM) *
don't get me wrong... i greatly enjoy the girls company in person. but our e-personas clash




yeah, but thats cuz you a bizzzznatch
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 30 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #32


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 01:53 PM) *
yeah, but thats cuz you a bizzzznatch





get back in the kitchen whore


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #33


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 30 2007, 04:23 PM) *
get back in the kitchen whore


You smell
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 30 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #34


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE
Blood sex and Booze. Drugs Drugs Drugs are fun. Stab, Stab, Stab, S…t…a…b…, poke. "So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P90s and started shooting everyone…, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did." Umm, yeah, what to wright about…… I'm leaving to join the Marines and I really don't give a [expletive] about my academics, so why does the only class that's complete [expletive], happen to be the only required class…enough said. The model citizen would stay around to vote in new board member to change the 4 years of English policy, but no one really stays around to vote for that kind of local crap, so whoever gets there name on the Ballet with a pretty face gets to do what the [expletive] ever they want with local ordinance. A person is smart, but people are dumb selfish animals. We can't make rules for ourselves so we vote others to do it for us, but we can't even do that right, I meen seriously, Bush for President? And our other option was John Kerry who claimed to parktake in Vietnam Special Forces missions that haven't been declassified…. [expletive]. So Power Flower Super Mario. Pudge, hook, rot, dismember "Fresh Meat." Most new/young teachers are laid back, and cooperative with students as feedback and input into the curriculum and atmosphere. My current English teacher is a control freak intent on setting a gap between herself and her students like a 63 year old white male fortune 500 company CEO, and a illegal immigrant. If CG was a private catholic school, I could understand, but wtf is her problem. And baking brownies and rice crispies does not make up for it, way to try and justify yourself as a good teacher while underhandidly looking for complements on your cooking. No quarrel on you qualifications as a writer, but as a teacher, don't be surprised on inspiring the first cg shooting.



ok, after reading what he wrote, i think the teacher purpsoely tried to get him in trouble. seems like there is a personal conflict between him and his teacher, who gave him the assignment. seems like he was purposely trying to be a dick to her, and she stooped to his level and decided to play victim in order to get him in serious trouble (alex and i are familiar with a certain female pulling this on both of us)


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 30 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #35


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 04:32 PM) *
You smell



no you smell


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 30 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #36





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



agreed.

I had cuntass teachers that hated me and vice versa who would have called the cops on me in a heartbeat had I given them the ammo...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 30 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #37


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 30 2007, 04:37 PM) *
agreed.

I had cuntass teachers that hated me and vice versa who would have called the cops on me in a heartbeat had I given them the ammo...



if it goes to court, he'll be dropped. any lawyer barely worth his salt will notice that and tear her apart for it. especially with enough witnesses (students) to confirm she said to "write anything, without concern for censorship"


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Apr 30 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #38


ROCKPACALYPSE NOW


Group: Members
Posts: 1,519
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Dallas, TX
Member No.: 13



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 10:11 AM) *
Yes, I understand and I just interpret it differently than you do.

If you tell a young child that they can play any game that they want to play...that means any game within reason. No strip poker and shit like that. In this case, the teacher wanted the students to be creative. Write anything their imagination brings to mind.... there are unsaid limits though. The student knew this. He was just trying to test boundaries. Thats cool, though, if you want to throw low blows to get your point across. I expect that from idiots like Brandon, but not from you.



No you never elaborated on any point, you never talked about any of the issue at hand rather than sweeping generalizations.

This isn't a personal attack at all - but this is why I think this area of the forum is even more of a joke than the rest - people can't discuss their view at all. My point is I don't think your point has half a leg to stand on, and you haven't even attempted to prove that wrong. I know I bulldoze in my methodology, but all i can say is refute my angle and give substantial reason behind the counter.

This is how people actually get to solid understandings rather than dismissing or promoting a controversial action in a handful of sentences.


Weaksauce in a small packet, used to dip dollar menu nuggets in.


Using a hyperbole example of strip poker for play a game is nowhere near a reasonably equitable scenario. Ridiculous comparisons like this give no weight to any argument, they just give an illusion of an ideal support.


If you want to be taken seriously with opinions on an issue, then you'll have to do better broseph.


Or kick Brandon in the nutttttttttttttttttttttz and post pix.


Why am I being an asshole ? Because perhaps it will make you actually reconsider spouting off a view without giving reason to it. Because perhaps someday you will have influence on a kids life, I'd hate to see it be done with such blanket reasoning when that motherfucker either truly does or does not need help.


--------------------
QUOTE (Lance)
now we have some dude from argentina wondering how to fuck dogmeat
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Apr 30 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #39


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



I graduated highschool the year before columbine, and we used to write fucked up shit like that all the time ... nobody cared.

If you even try writing anything right now about anything like that you're put in a straight jacket, your home searched, injected with anti-depressant drugs, and told you have issues.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................

Solution or problem here?


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #40


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Rocky @ Apr 30 2007, 10:39 PM) *
No you never elaborated on any point, you never talked about any of the issue at hand rather than sweeping generalizations.

This isn't a personal attack at all - but this is why I think this area of the forum is even more of a joke than the rest - people can't discuss their view at all. My point is I don't think your point has half a leg to stand on, and you haven't even attempted to prove that wrong. I know I bulldoze in my methodology, but all i can say is refute my angle and give substantial reason behind the counter.

This is how people actually get to solid understandings rather than dismissing or promoting a controversial action in a handful of sentences.


Weaksauce in a small packet, used to dip dollar menu nuggets in.


Using a hyperbole example of strip poker for play a game is nowhere near a reasonably equitable scenario. Ridiculous comparisons like this give no weight to any argument, they just give an illusion of an ideal support.


If you want to be taken seriously with opinions on an issue, then you'll have to do better broseph.


Or kick Brandon in the nutttttttttttttttttttttz and post pix.


Why am I being an asshole ? Because perhaps it will make you actually reconsider spouting off a view without giving reason to it. Because perhaps someday you will have influence on a kids life, I'd hate to see it be done with such blanket reasoning when that motherfucker either truly does or does not need help.

Its not my problem that you dont see the point im making. different opinions is all. plus, i generally post from work and dont have but a minute or two to make a post. I think I did an ok job at getting my point across, depsite using few words. I gave reasons. Maybe if you would step outside your own personal box of self proclaimed greatness, you would see them. I really dont see where you are saying that I havent given reasons. Its ok though *pat*.... believe it or not, I have nothing to prove to anyone on here so I dont have to explain myself dissertation style as to why I dont agree with something.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 30 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #41


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 29 2007, 01:24 PM) *
Kids need to learn that their words and actions have consequences and that there are boundaries. I agree with the punishment.
QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 29 2007, 01:35 PM) *
I know. I can read. I went to a private Baptist school that didnt tolerate stupid shit like that. I like feeling safe at school, and I felt safe. Kids and teachers just dont feel safe anymore.
QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 10:11 AM) *
Yes, I understand and I just interpret it differently than you do.

If you tell a young child that they can play any game that they want to play...that means any game within reason. No strip poker and shit like that. In this case, the teacher wanted the students to be creative. Write anything their imagination brings to mind.... there are unsaid limits though. The student knew this. He was just trying to test boundaries. Thats cool, though, if you want to throw low blows to get your point across. I expect that from idiots like Brandon, but not from you.
QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 12:25 PM) *
I think you all are ignorant to how much a teenager knows the difference between right and wrong. Quit making this kid out to be an innocent victim. He knew what he was doing....pushing limits. Its against the law to make threats. He made a threat. Ignorance is not an excuse.
QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 12:55 PM) *
again, underestimating teenagers. yeah, analytical depth isnt their strong point, but this isnt something too deep. "hmm write anything I want? ok... ill write about killing people cuz she said ANYTHING and it will be funny to see her reaction when i write this cuz she cant do anything about it cuz she said ANYTHING." Seriously, ridiculous. Kids must know that there are consequences for their actions. The word "anything" in my opinion has always constituted an unsaid "within reason". When I was in jr high and high school, we were given writing assignments where the teacher said "anything" and none of us were stupid enough to pull shit like this. Kids will be intelligent when it is demanded of them. Quit giving kids every excuse in the book to act ignorant.
QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 01:08 PM) *
he used an out of body character so it seemed more imaginary than a statement of intent.





I just think there should be consequences.
QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 01:36 PM) *
ok well that kinda sucks. thats taking the punishment too far, but i guess they have to set the example with someone


There you go, Rocky. Just incase you didnt see everything I posted. wink.gif

Oh and I think you need to use dictionary.com for the definition of "hyperbole" because there is no way that was one. cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post May 1 2007, 04:45 AM
Post #42


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 30 2007, 11:10 PM) *
There you go, Rocky. Just incase you didnt see everything I posted. wink.gif

Oh and I think you need to use dictionary.com for the definition of "hyperbole" because there is no way that was one. cool.gif



and you need to learn to spellcheck


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 1 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #43


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ May 1 2007, 05:45 AM) *
and you need to learn to spellcheck


"Spellcheck" is two words....nice try though
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 1 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #44





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



found a couple quotes for jessica and the rest of the chicken littles...

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel."
-Patrick Henry


"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post May 1 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #45





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



All I've said regarding this incident is a blurb, so let me throw in some more detailed commentary.

I think that student writings that contain threats should be taken very seriously and do warrant investigation and possible arrest. However, by a threat I mean writings such as "I want to kill so-and-so" or "I want to blow up the school". Not "I had a dream about killing folks... lol, just kidding".

I think writings like this student's are tending towards threat status, but still does not constitute a threat. The appropriate course of action in this and similar cases is for the teacher/parents/counselor to sit down and talk to the kid, determine if something's wrong or if they were just trying to get a rise out of people, and then take appropriate action depending on that determination. If something's wrong, then obviously counseling of some sort is probably in order.

Arresting the kid and ruining his military career before it even starts is asinine.


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 1 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #46





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



the one thing I can appreciate about this situation is if I was a teacher or a principal right now, this would not be an easy job...or task...to correctly ID the true crazies versus angsty normal kids.

but it's also something that should probably warrant more initial examination rather than the knee jerk PO-LEESE reaction that teacher and principal did.

considering the guy was a good kid and student, and had enlisted in the Marines...coupled with the fact there was obvious bad blood between him and that particular teacher (I've been there)...I highly doubt he was gonna go off and shoot up anything, and was trying to make a point to the teacher on how shittily she relates to and deals with the students (albeit his method was stupid and immature).

I just foresee this getting worse...meanwhile the killers will slip under the meek loser radar and continue on...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 1 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #47


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



You know what I think is really sad... that the youth of today think that Freedom of Speech gives them the right to be assholes. Our founding fathers held freedom of speech so valuable because it gave them the right to protect themselves against the government. They had the right to say they didnt agree with certain laws, elected officials, etc. I think had they known what some of the dumbass youth of today would be saying, they would have worded it quite differently. Yes, we have the right to say how stupid laws are. Yes, we have the right to say our elected officials are fucking stupid and list reasons why. Do you honestly think that your freedom of speech should interupt another's pursuit of happiness?

On a completely different note: CNN did not give all the information on that story. When I read the CNN story, I was like wow.... arrest this kid. When I read the whole paper the kid wrote, it wasnt nearly as bad. He sounded like he was actually trying to make a statement (a legitimate use of freedom of speech, although he could have made his point in a different way) and not making a statement of fucked up thoughts that he has had (which is something that should be kept to yourself).

I guess this is me just saying random ass statements again, though, and not backing up anything that I say despite giving clear reasons as to why I feel that way. I think its awesome that I was pinpointed for not giving reasons as to why I feel the way I do, but those certain people failed to give a reasonable explanation themselves. Its cool though. As stated before, very few of you give me a reason to respect your opinion. Im sure a lot of you feel the same about me.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post May 1 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #48





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



wtf???
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 1 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #49


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (cupcake @ May 1 2007, 11:44 AM) *
wtf???


not talking about you.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post May 1 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #50



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



wtf???


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 1 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #51


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



wtf....wtf???
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post May 1 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #52



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



i guess that means its about time for someone to post a picture of their penis...


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 1 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #53


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



1....2...3....NOT IT
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 1 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #54


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Ok.

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/jpigg/images/carb.mom.jpg (NSFW)

This post has been edited by Spectatrix: May 1 2007, 01:23 PM


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post May 1 2007, 02:15 PM
Post #55


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Jessica @ May 1 2007, 08:29 AM) *
"Spellcheck" is two words....nice try though



Spellcheck is one word. it's a program. yes, needs to be capitalized, but not 2 words

like "you need to learn how to use Google"




and as for freedom of speech.... the way people are trying to make it, it will be "you have the right to freedom of speech...as long as you don't offend me" which is bullshit. my grandmother used to say "you can't walk through the crowded room of life without stepping on a few toes" there is no way to make everyone happy, someone is always going to be pissed at what you say. it's not the individuals fault that the world has forgotten that with the freedom of speech comes the right to be offended. these old fucks with their blue hair and cackling like chickens to each other during their bingo sessions, saying "well i never!" at everything, talkin' 'bout don't do school, eat your milk, get at least 8 hours of drugs a day, jibba jabba people just need to suck it up and get over it.
/rant


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post May 1 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #56


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



Im not all PC about stuff. I dont care about offensive material... unless you are making threats or are saying crazy things like you dream of killing people because it would be funny. There's a line. Just because most of you are still in your teenage mindset and dont want to accept that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post May 1 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #57


Do they ignore parts of reality?


Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,935
Joined: 23-February 06
From: South Overton!!!
Member No.: 46



There is a limit to everything.


--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post May 1 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #58



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



QUOTE (James @ May 1 2007, 01:53 PM) *


how is that nsfw?

you cant see anything.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post May 1 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #59


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ May 1 2007, 04:14 PM) *
how is that nsfw?

you cant see anything.



laugh.gif QFT. Pretty sure my boss even showed that to me at work once upon a time. Cept it was on a card, not on his computer.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post May 1 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #60





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



QUOTE (Divergent Reality @ May 1 2007, 04:14 PM) *
how is that nsfw?

you cant see anything.

It's a large pic and it doesn't leave much to the imagination. It most certainly is not a pic I want to have come up at work, so I edited it. Besides, this is NPR, for cryin' out loud. This is probably the forum where people *least* expect to see something risque.


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th October 2026 - 12:24 AM
Skin made by: skeedio.com