IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )


7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Based on the VT thread, vote
How Many?
Consider for a second that you have a gun permit. If it were legal for students with a gun permit to carry a concealed hand gun on campus, would you?
yes [ 17 ] ** [58.62%]
no [ 12 ] ** [41.38%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Mommy
post Apr 24 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #1


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



Im curious to see how many of you would carry a concealed hand gun with you around campus. Explain why you answered the way you did. Does it make you feel safer to have one? Do you believe that men are more good than bad so you dont? Stuff like that.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 24 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #2


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



I would not carry a gun. Guns frighten me, and the thought of carrying something on me that could kill someone in an instant is reason enough for me not to. Plus, I have a temper.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jwilly
post Apr 24 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 375
Joined: 26-February 06
From: here?
Member No.: 88



this is not a country where i fear so much that i have to carry my gun everywhere.

most(i say 'most' because this is my knowledge) people with concealed handgun permits carry them in their vehicles. under the seat or in a bag.

hell, my mom used to carry a gun in her luggage on any long trip we took in the car, permit or not.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 24 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #4


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



I would not carry a gun with me to campus/class. To do so would be utterly ridiculous, even given the recent shooting.
Imagine what could happen in this scenario: Guy sees his girlfriend of several years making out with his best friend. If he has a gun in that situation, he would utilize it in some form or fashion, even if just for intimidation purposes, thereby greatly increasing the critical nature of the situation. A guy with out a gun may just start yelling or possibly instigate a pansy as fist-fight, still bad but better than a wild west stand off.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
The Fanatic
post Apr 24 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #5


Do they ignore parts of reality?


Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,935
Joined: 23-February 06
From: South Overton!!!
Member No.: 46



No, I would not.


--------------------
A psychotic world we live in. The madmen are in power. How long have we known this? Faced this? And--how many of us do know it? Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane. Or you are becoming sane, finally. Waking up. I suppose only a few are aware of all this. Isolated persons here and there. But the broad masses... what do they think? All these hundreds of thousands in this city, here. Do they imagine that they live in a sane world? Or do they guess, glimpse, the truth...?

-Philip K. Dick
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Spectatrix
post Apr 24 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #6





Group: Admin
Posts: 6,906
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Austin
Member No.: 9



No, mainly because I think it would be a hassle to carry it around. If I had a concealed handgun permit, I'd probably keep the gun in my car.


--------------------
QUOTE (pebkac @ Oct 14 2006, 03:15 PM) *
You and your logic.

QUOTE (Foamy)

http://xkcd.com/386/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
GOB
post Apr 24 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #7


monogamous gays & stem cells


Group: Members
Posts: 3,789
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 8



i voted yes, but mainly because i would like an old-timey black powder gun that would take 10 minutes to load in front of a big crowd of people after shooting in the air to get their attention.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Apr 24 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #8


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



if you wouldnt carry a gun on campus why would you carry one outside of campus? for the reasons you listed as to why you wouldnt carry one on campus why do you support guns being around in teh first place?
those magical reasons for not feeling safe with emotional people who have guns magically evaporate in the real world?


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
jonathan83
post Apr 24 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #9





Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,558
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Seoul, South Korea
Member No.: 28



ok i would NOT be for students having guns on campus.

however, IF it were legal, that would mean countless other students would have guns, and if that's the case, i sure as hell want one to protect myself from others in case of some stupid argument or whatever.

but don't you see how stupid that would be? shouldn't be allowed..

This post has been edited by jonathan83: Apr 24 2007, 06:33 PM


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Apr 24 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #10


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



and that logic only works on a college campus?

guns are baaaaaaddd in the first place


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 24 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #11


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Testm0nkey @ Apr 24 2007, 07:26 PM) *
if you wouldnt carry a gun on campus why would you carry one outside of campus? for the reasons you listed as to why you wouldnt carry one on campus why do you support guns being around in teh first place?
those magical reasons for not feeling safe with emotional people who have guns magically evaporate in the real world?

I have a gun for protection in my home, for protection while camping, and for just plinking around at a range.

If I get into a heated situation, then I will rely first on reasoning with said person(s). If that doesn't work, then I will defend myself however it may be necessary.

You don't need a gun to be safe. But I do enjoy owning one.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 24 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #12


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Cathryn brings up a pretty good point. If you wouldn't have the permit in the first place or carry one anyway, then you really shouldn't be voting one way or the other.

If I had a permit to carry one and it were legal to carry one on campus, then yes, I would be confident in my ability to use the gun appropriately and would carry it on my person.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Splash Jackson
post Apr 24 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #13


The Comeback Kid


Group: Members
Posts: 45
Joined: 22-March 06
From: Great Falls, MT
Member No.: 125



If you get to know me you will find that I am very jingoistic, and not ashamed to admit it. I personally feel that this is America and if you want to take a gun to class then you should be able to. I know I have the self control to withhold from shooting people in a sudden rage. To me, taking a gun to class is no different than taking a gun anywhere. Other than taking it to a shooting range, what is the real purpose of having a gun in a city? You can have a gun to make you feel safe, or you can carry a gun just because you want to. You might say that taking a gun 'just because you want to' is a bad idea. But unfortunately that does not matter because in the eyes of the law (and our constitution) that is a perfectly acceptable excuse.


--------------------
I'm sorry. I thought this was America.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
pysex
post Apr 25 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #14


I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!


Group: Members
Posts: 3,080
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Cedar Park
Member No.: 49



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 24 2007, 06:37 PM) *
I would not carry a gun with me to campus/class. To do so would be utterly ridiculous, even given the recent shooting.
Imagine what could happen in this scenario: Guy sees his girlfriend of several years making out with his best friend. If he has a gun in that situation, he would utilize it in some form or fashion, even if just for intimidation purposes, thereby greatly increasing the critical nature of the situation. A guy with out a gun may just start yelling or possibly instigate a pansy as fist-fight, still bad but better than a wild west stand off.


If you need a visual example of this....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk



People carrying guns around with them wherever they go would most definitely lead to a situation like this.


--------------------
"Ah, y'know it's funny, these people they go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good. They wake up the next day and they're on fire."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 25 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #15


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (lamont's lament @ Apr 24 2007, 07:05 PM) *
i voted yes, but mainly because i would like an old-timey black powder gun that would take 10 minutes to load in front of a big crowd of people after shooting in the air to get their attention.



my friend brian bought a double barrel black powder pirate pistol while in florida... he's gonna get his permit for it so he can carry it... funny you mentioned this.. haha


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 25 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #16


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 24 2007, 07:56 PM) *
I have a gun for protection in my home, for protection while camping, and for just plinking around at a range.

If I get into a heated situation, then I will rely first on reasoning with said person(s). If that doesn't work, then I will defend myself however it may be necessary.

You don't need a gun to be safe. But I do enjoy owning one.



that's foolish. you can be attacked anywhere at anytime, not just in your house, or while camping. what happens when you are given the option to have carried it, and you do not, but someone tries to rob you in the parking lot, and ends up shooting you or one of your loved ones? like i've said several times, it's better to have the gun and never need it than to need the gun and not have it.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 25 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #17


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (pysex @ Apr 25 2007, 01:30 AM) *
If you need a visual example of this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk
People carrying guns around with them wherever they go would most definitely lead to a situation like this.


*sigh*

yes, possible. but only a few times. those people who would cause something like this are children playing with toys. it's a very hard lesson to have learned.... but learn it they will.

those who have seen war, hate war. until this day, only those few who have fought and died and earned the name of Veteran can say they have seen the true face of war. i have not talked to a single Veteran who has not looked sadly on the actions they had to take while in combat... if more people understood what the cost of fighting was first hand, i feel their would be less world conflict over all.

eventually even the ignorant will learn that they carry the instrument of death on their hip. the respect for that may even seep into an understanding about human conflict, and another step to world peace may be achieved. a step with a footprint of blood....... but one step closer to that final goal all the same.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 25 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #18


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (James @ Apr 24 2007, 07:59 PM) *
Cathryn brings up a pretty good point. If you wouldn't have the permit in the first place or carry one anyway, then you really shouldn't be voting one way or the other.

If I had a permit to carry one and it were legal to carry one on campus, then yes, I would be confident in my ability to use the gun appropriately and would carry it on my person.




Yeah, but I said "consider that you have the permit". I guess the point is.... would you carry a concealed handgun anywhere?... not just school, but also to the mall, movies, out to eat, porn shop....wherever. Even if you HATE guns, just think for a second that if you were ALLOWED to carry a gun, would you? If you knew that everyone around you could possibly have a gun, would that incline you to carry one yourself?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 25 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #19





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 24 2007, 06:37 PM) *
Imagine what could happen in this scenario: Guy sees his girlfriend of several years making out with his best friend. If he has a gun in that situation, he would utilize it in some form or fashion, even if just for intimidation purposes, thereby greatly increasing the critical nature of the situation. A guy with out a gun may just start yelling or possibly instigate a pansy as fist-fight, still bad but better than a wild west stand off.


anyone immature enough to have a mindset that rationalizes the escalation of force in that retarded a manner should never even own a gun.

2nd amendment or not. period.

you should be of the mindset that if you get into a scuffle with another guy, the thought shouldn't cross your mind to pull your gun. not a mugging...I mean like he backed into your car and copped a dickhead attitude. that guy deserves an ass whoopin, not to die.

if you carry...you should also highly value and respect life. the problem with conceal carry laws are:
-no serious training (test is a joke)
-lack of psyche/behavior evals

I voted yes, but then I carry everywhere except secured/federal areas. everywhere. I break laws on a daily basis. and am breaking one as I type this.

Bob Dylan said something like "if you're gonna be an outlaw, you must be honest." I tend to stick to that.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 25 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #20





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE (pysex @ Apr 25 2007, 01:30 AM) *
If you need a visual example of this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk
People carrying guns around with them wherever they go would most definitely lead to a situation like this.

LOL

perhaps, but it would also make for a polite society.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 25 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #21





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 25 2007, 06:15 AM) *
*sigh*

yes, possible. but only a few times. those people who would cause something like this are children playing with toys. it's a very hard lesson to have learned.... but learn it they will.

those who have seen war, hate war. until this day, only those few who have fought and died and earned the name of Veteran can say they have seen the true face of war. i have not talked to a single Veteran who has not looked sadly on the actions they had to take while in combat... if more people understood what the cost of fighting was first hand, i feel their would be less world conflict over all.

eventually even the ignorant will learn that they carry the instrument of death on their hip. the respect for that may even seep into an understanding about human conflict, and another step to world peace may be achieved. a step with a footprint of blood....... but one step closer to that final goal all the same.


great post. nailed it. is your dad a veteran or something? you seem to have insight...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 25 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #22


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 25 2007, 06:04 AM) *
that's foolish. you can be attacked anywhere at anytime, not just in your house, or while camping. what happens when you are given the option to have carried it, and you do not, but someone tries to rob you in the parking lot, and ends up shooting you or one of your loved ones? like i've said several times, it's better to have the gun and never need it than to need the gun and not have it.

I'm willing to take that risk for the sake of preventing an illogical and dangerous outcome of allowing guns to be carried by anyone at anytime and anyplace. To constantly think that you will be the victim of such an attack, and to perpetuate such a thought, breeds a populace wide mindset of fear.
That, Brandon, is truly more foolish than you realize.

This post has been edited by Psykopath: Apr 25 2007, 01:10 PM


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jwilly
post Apr 25 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #23





Group: Members
Posts: 375
Joined: 26-February 06
From: here?
Member No.: 88





--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 25 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #24


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 25 2007, 09:36 AM) *
great post. nailed it. is your dad a veteran or something? you seem to have insight...


no he's not. i'm just a history buff, and i want to understand what life was like for other people. i talk to alot of older people, to find out what their lives were like, the changes that have been made, etc. i believe firmly that as you age, the only thing that is truely important are your memories... i feel that the world is loosing it's most INSIGHTFUL history when the normal people pass away. those that usually wish to put their thoughts down on paper have a way of exaggeration and over imbelishment to catch attention to their work. if we could somehow get more people WITHOUT the drive for creative writing to put their honest thoughts on paper, and then an honest collaborator of those ideas... we may actually have a chance to more accurately represent history. not just by events, but the mentality that caused those events to arise...


you can be surprised what you will learn under the surface if all you do is listen to somebody, in my experiance


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 25 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #25


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 25 2007, 02:09 PM) *
I'm willing to take that risk for the sake of preventing an illogical and dangerous outcome of allowing guns to be carried by anyone at anytime and anyplace. To constantly think that you will be the victim of such an attack, and to perpetuate such a thought, breeds a populace wide mindset of fear.
That, Brandon, is truly more foolish than you realize.

the idea that we should not allow people to defend themselves fully at anytime on the basis that a few cannot be trusted is madness

is it any more foolish than what america is already doing?

Once, there was the idea of trust. we breed a populace wide mindset of fear when we suddenly decide anyone can be a terrorist. we breed suspicion of fellow americans to the point where we cannot trust each other. once, america's strength came from the patriotism of knowing your brother american, who did not know you, who had no reason to like you, would still lay down his life to protect you. now we breed isolation from other americans through political correctness. we destroy the mentality of "we are one, we are strong" by saying that certain members of us require special treatment and babying. suspicion of ourselves weakens us, and sickens me. when we have an entire populace searching their closets and under their beds for the boogieman, looking crosswise at friends and nieghbors for the chance to rat out anything suspicious... putting everyone on lockdown is the worst thing we could do. how can we learn to trust again when we refuse to give anyone of us the chance to prove ourselves to each other?


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
griseyeux
post Apr 25 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #26





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,551
Joined: 19-April 06
From: Lubbock
Member No.: 162



QUOTE
the idea that we should not allow people to defend themselves fully at anytime on the basis that a few cannot be trusted is madness


there are more than a few people who cannot be trusted with guns.

A better scenario than Zach's would be if you saw someone on campus running with a gun at a distance, you saw them being chased by police and decided to shoot your own gun. Let's say you're a good shot and you kill them, or hell, you're a terrible shot and you accidentally caught their left temple. Now, you have taken someone else's life in a split-second. Now, let's say the cops come up to you and reveal to you that the man you just shot was an undercover policeman. The cops were just running a training exercise to become more prepared for a situation like Virginia Tech. What now? You killed a cop, believing you were protecting yourself and others.

I will never own a gun. Death is too easily dispensed in the form of bullets. I might learn how to shoot one, just to be prepared for any instance where i would truly need one. But if I am face to face with someone who has a gun, then I will face death knowing that I could never threaten others with instant death like they have and that makes me a better human being than them. I don't like guns; they make killing as simple as playing video games. If you have a problem with someone own up to it and fight them fairly instead of trying to take them out with little bits of metal from afar. I think that guns are cowardly in a way; (sorry Zach) they are too rash.

In my opinion, most confrontations with guns involve at least one person who either: a. doesn't know what they're doing b. does know what they're doing and has ill temperament or c. misinterpretted the severity of the situation.

edit: I do believe that the only thing that guns are appropriate for is hunting animals, but there are different ways to hunt as well.


--------------------
Je suis toute du merde.
....bitches!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 25 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #27


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 25 2007, 06:07 PM) *
the idea that we should not allow people to defend themselves fully at anytime on the basis that a few cannot be trusted is madness

is it any more foolish than what america is already doing?

Once, there was the idea of trust. we breed a populace wide mindset of fear when we suddenly decide anyone can be a terrorist. we breed suspicion of fellow americans to the point where we cannot trust each other. once, america's strength came from the patriotism of knowing your brother american, who did not know you, who had no reason to like you, would still lay down his life to protect you. now we breed isolation from other americans through political correctness. we destroy the mentality of "we are one, we are strong" by saying that certain members of us require special treatment and babying. suspicion of ourselves weakens us, and sickens me. when we have an entire populace searching their closets and under their beds for the boogieman, looking crosswise at friends and nieghbors for the chance to rat out anything suspicious... putting everyone on lockdown is the worst thing we could do. how can we learn to trust again when we refuse to give anyone of us the chance to prove ourselves to each other?

Brandon, did you not say to my face that granting full, open access to firearms and where they can be carried would "increase the amount of random shootings. But It would probably get rid of the idiots anyway/those that don't need to be around" or something to that effect?
I think you've even typed in this thread that you know doing so would increase random violence, but that at least you would be able to defend yourself if the occasion were ever to arise.
How selfish and utterly illogical.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 25 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #28


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 25 2007, 10:39 PM) *
Brandon, did you not say to my face that granting full, open access to firearms and where they can be carried would "increase the amount of random shootings. But It would probably get rid of the idiots anyway/those that don't need to be around" or something to that effect?
I think you've even typed in this thread that you know doing so would increase random violence, but that at least you would be able to defend yourself if the occasion were ever to arise.
How selfish and utterly illogical.



survival of the fittest is just that. it's me or him. without the ability to protect myself with a gun against a guy with a gun... it's no longer "me or him" it's "that guy shooting a me" that is the fittest.


and you seem to have missed this entire post

QUOTE
*sigh*

yes, possible. but only a few times. those people who would cause something like this are children playing with toys. it's a very hard lesson to have learned.... but learn it they will.

those who have seen war, hate war. until this day, only those few who have fought and died and earned the name of Veteran can say they have seen the true face of war. i have not talked to a single Veteran who has not looked sadly on the actions they had to take while in combat... if more people understood what the cost of fighting was first hand, i feel their would be less world conflict over all.

eventually even the ignorant will learn that they carry the instrument of death on their hip. the respect for that may even seep into an understanding about human conflict, and another step to world peace may be achieved. a step with a footprint of blood....... but one step closer to that final goal all the same.



the violence would spurt for a bit, but only a couple times.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #29


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 25 2007, 11:15 PM) *
survival of the fittest is just that. it's me or him. without the ability to protect myself with a gun against a guy with a gun... it's no longer "me or him" it's "that guy shooting a me" that is the fittest.
and you seem to have missed this entire post
the violence would spurt for a bit, but only a couple times.

"Survival of the fittest" as it applies to humanity is essentially social Darwinism....a fallacy in logic so vast it baffles the mind.
So, you having a gun, or a bigger caliber gun, makes you more "fit" to "survive"?!
...just wow.

And that other post you made mention of:
Nice and nostalgic, but you simply state a "few" more incidents of violence over the short run.
A few is shooting the numerical figure 6 feet too far under ground...

This post has been edited by Psykopath: Apr 26 2007, 02:46 AM


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 26 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #30


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 26 2007, 03:43 AM) *
"Survival of the fittest" as it applies to humanity is essentially social Darwinism....a fallacy in logic so vast it baffles the mind.
So, you having a gun, or a bigger caliber gun, makes you more "fit" to "survive"?!
...just wow.

And that other post you made mention of:
Nice and nostalgic, but you simply state a "few" more incidents of violence over the short run.
A few is shooting the numerical figure 6 feet too far under ground...



having a gun doesn't make me more "fit" to survive, but it does make me more capable to survive, and THAT is the point you are missing.

being smart enough to understand that my chances of fighting an armed assailant unarmed are slim to none is not darwinism.

darwinism would be being stupid enough to think that the world is a peaceful happy place where nothing goes wrong. you know what else lives that way? cattle. we should never trust the system to protect us. they can't be there all the time. wether it be from violence or from accidents. how many of us have had a friend die in an accident where the ambulance didn't show up for an hour? or the only time a police officer is there is AFTER the victim has be ravaged, robbed and raped? sitting back with our thumbs up our ass thinking that someone else will take care of us is the dumbest thing i have heard. doesn't just apply to guns. train yourself, learn CPR, learn other emergency techniques. learn to fight, to survive, and defend yourselves, because when that disaster happens to YOU.... the only person you'll have to blame for your ill prepared plight will be yourself. and THAT my fuzzy headed roomie is what makes me more "fit" to survive.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #31


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 26 2007, 05:04 AM) *
having a gun doesn't make me more "fit" to survive, but it does make me more capable to survive, and THAT is the point you are missing.

being smart enough to understand that my chances of fighting an armed assailant unarmed are slim to none is not darwinism.

darwinism would be being stupid enough to think that the world is a peaceful happy place where nothing goes wrong. you know what else lives that way? cattle. we should never trust the system to protect us. they can't be there all the time. wether it be from violence or from accidents. how many of us have had a friend die in an accident where the ambulance didn't show up for an hour? or the only time a police officer is there is AFTER the victim has be ravaged, robbed and raped? sitting back with our thumbs up our ass thinking that someone else will take care of us is the dumbest thing i have heard. doesn't just apply to guns. train yourself, learn CPR, learn other emergency techniques. learn to fight, to survive, and defend yourselves, because when that disaster happens to YOU.... the only person you'll have to blame for your ill prepared plight will be yourself. and THAT my fuzzy headed roomie is what makes me more "fit" to survive.

Living your life being prepared is one thing, but to be in constant "alert mode" and feel that the world is totally fucked every-which-way you slice it and you need a gun all the time is absolutely absurd.

In the realm of "survival of the fittest," "fit" and "capable" are essentially interchangeable. I have not missed any point, you are apparently missing your own on this statement.

And for fuck's sake, I do not, nor have I ever, assumed that the world is a "peaceful happy place." Yes, the world can be a dangerous place, but to continue to perpetuate a mentality that the only way to go about your day normally is to be strapped breeds, as I said before, a mass mindset of fear.



I have said my peace on this issue. You know my support for firearms as well as my qualms with much of the legislation.
I just differ from you about the logic behind walking in a classroom with a loaded .357 to take a math test or an AK to help "tutor" me in physics.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Billy
post Apr 26 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #32


N 0 t h i n g


Group: Members
Posts: 1,449
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 54



Ok Zach, even though it may "seem" having lax gun laws vs tougher gun laws would increase the murder rate, or violent crime rate, I am going to have to require some evidence that agrees with your belief. Because here is 'some' evidence that disagrees:

Utah, one of the most gun happy states, for 2005, has a murder rate of 2.3 per one hundred thousand people. New Jersey, one the most gun restrictive states, for 2005, has a murder of double, at 4.8 per one hundred thousand people. California, also with strict gun laws, has a murder rate of tripple, at 6.9 per one hundred thousand. However, Virginia, being a state I believe with lax gun laws, also has a murder rate of 6.1 per one hundred thousand.

I have looked at other states as well and there does not seem to be a correlation between how tough your gun laws are and how many murders occur. And so the belief that having more guns means there will be more deaths, I think is unfounded. However, there is a correlation with how populated a state is and how many murders per one hundred thousand happen. So perhaps we should ban heavy populations instead of guns.

Source for Utah
Source for New Jersey
Source for California


--------------------


QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Nov 16 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
chook
post Apr 26 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #33


Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,115
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Way out yonder
Member No.: 68



I'd carry a gun but perfer a laser gun. PEW PEW PEW!!


--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #34


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Apr 26 2007, 09:02 AM) *
Ok Zach, even though it may "seem" having lax gun laws vs tougher gun laws would increase the murder rate, or violent crime rate, I am going to have to require some evidence that agrees with your belief. Because here is 'some' evidence that disagrees:

Utah, one of the most gun happy states, for 2005, has a murder rate of 2.3 per one hundred thousand people. New Jersey, one the most gun restrictive states, for 2005, has a murder of double, at 4.8 per one hundred thousand people. California, also with strict gun laws, has a murder rate of tripple, at 6.9 per one hundred thousand. However, Virginia, being a state I believe with lax gun laws, also has a murder rate of 6.1 per one hundred thousand.

I have looked at other states as well and there does not seem to be a correlation between how tough your gun laws are and how many murders occur. And so the belief that having more guns means there will be more deaths, I think is unfounded. However, there is a correlation with how populated a state is and how many murders per one hundred thousand happen. So perhaps we should ban heavy populations instead of guns.

Source for Utah
Source for New Jersey
Source for California


I am not necessarily arguing for stricter gun laws, I'm simply going against the idea of free carry of firearms at such places as schools, federal buildings, etc.

Yes, I am for a licensing/registration system, similar to what is required to operate/own a vehicle, for the purchase of guns and ammo. That's not really a restriction. Those that qualify now (competent, of age, etc.) would qualify with this system, it's really just a more standardized way of keeping track of firearms

BTW: The statistics you posted...were they all involving firearms, or were they a mix?


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #35


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



yup. i agree with Zach. I wouldnt even trust most of you with carrying guns around at all times. It really doesnt make you any safer.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 26 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #36


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 26 2007, 09:48 AM) *
yup. i agree with Zach. I wouldnt even trust most of you with carrying guns around at all times. It really doesnt make you any safer.



YOU carrying a gun is what would be unsafe... BAH the dutch.....



(dunno why i really said that)


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
schwab
post Apr 26 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #37





Group: Members
Posts: 1,761
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Lubbock/Dubai
Member No.: 57



i dont think i would be any safer with other people with guns on campus

im sure most of the people on here handle guns safely and all of that crap, but a lot of the people out there wouldnt be.


--------------------
bored...so i did this
http://beerlist.wetpaint.com/
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #38





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



in response to walking around on "alert" all the time...well you may not. But that is because you've never had to. There are ways to be alert yet not necessarily on pins and needles. I find that I am much more thoughtful and relaxed when carrying, than when I am not...because when I am not I'm less confident about my ability to fulfill my duties as a protector.

I googled colonel jeff cooper's color code just for giggles, you might check it out below...I live in yellow...you may think that "totally fucked every-which-way you slice it", but I call it rad. I think walking around like a dillitante frolicking through the daisies is fucked. that kind of innocence is the luxury you provide for children...it is your duty as a grown man or woman to protect yourself, your loved ones, your property, and your neighbor...

it is NOT the govts duty...if you live that way, your chances of being victimized increase with multiplicity...

to zack...you want to register guns and ammo based on this idiot? so what next you have to register to speak freely? it's a right under the constitution...driving a fuckin car isn't...

that is some pinko shit man. yeah, let's give the crooked ass govt all the info about what we have so they know exactly where to come and what to get when they finally get 1984 on us...not thanks...

to the girl who said guns are cowardly...man your whole post is indicative of someone who's obviously never (thankfully) been in a mortal situation. some of y'all need to quit watching so much tv...reality check, no one is a fuckin ninja that can take down an armed man intent on harm with their bare hands and feet or a knife or some bullshit jackie chan pillowcase trick. you try that shit you get dead fast.

there's a lot of ignorant (in the dictionary sense) jibber jabber here about mortal combat...

_______________________

Combat Mindset - The Cooper Color Code
The most important means of surviving a lethal confrontation is, according to Cooper, neither the weapon nor the martial skills. The primary tool is the combat mindset, set forth in Principles of Personal Defense.

In the chapter on awareness, Cooper presents an adaptation of the Marine Corps system to differentiate states of readiness:

White - Unaware and unprepared. If attacked in Condition White, the only thing that may save you is the inadequacy or ineptitude of your attacker. When confronted by something nasty, your reaction will probably be "Oh my God! This can't be happening to me."

Yellow - Relaxed alert. No specific threat situation. Your mindset is that "today could be the day I may have to defend myself." You are simply aware that the world is an unfriendly place and that you are prepared to do something, if necessary. You use your eyes and ears, and realize that "I may have to SHOOT today." You don't have to be armed in this state but if you are armed you should be in Condition Yellow. You should always be in Yellow whenever you are in unfamiliar surroundings or among people you don't know. You can remain in Yellow for long periods, as long as you are able to "Watch your six". In Yellow, you are "taking in" surrounding information in a relaxed but alert manner, like a continuous 360 degree radar sweep.

Orange - Specific alert. Something is not quite right and has gotten your attention. Your radar has picked up a specific alert. You shift your primary focus to determine if there is a threat (but you do not drop your six). Your mindset shifts to "I may have to shoot HIM today." In Condition Orange, you set a mental trigger: "If that goblin does "x", I will need to stop him." Your pistol usually remains holstered in this state. Staying in Orange can be a bit of a mental strain, but you can stay in it for as long as you need to. If the threat proves to be nothing, you shift back to Condition Yellow.

Red - Condition Red is fight. Your mental trigger has been "tripped" (established back in Condition Orange).
You take appropriate action.

The U.S.M.C. also uses "Condition Black" as actively engaged in combat, as do some of his successors, but Cooper always felt this is an unnecessary step and not in keeping with the mindset definitions.

Also note that the Color Code was never meant to be a warning system. Rather, the Color Code was designed to be a mental crutch. It was designed to allow someone to "get over" the resistance that a normal person has in pointing a pistol at the center of someone's chest and pulling the trigger.

In short, the Color Code helps you "think" in a fight. As the level of danger increases, your resistance to shoot decreases. If you ever do go to Condition Red, the decision to use lethal force has already been made (your "mental trigger" has been tripped).
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Apr 26 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #39





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



cars kill people all the time, take away all cars.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #40





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



fuck it...I just can't help myself...this post is golden...

QUOTE (griseyeux @ Apr 25 2007, 07:31 PM) *
there are more than a few people who cannot be trusted with guns.


no shit. there are more than a few people who suck ass at driving. namely dallas chicks. should we refuse them their BMWs because they are dangerous with their cell phone latte driving? that would be a helluvalot much more plausible because "the right to drive" is not in the constitution last I checked...

QUOTE
A better scenario than Zach's would be if you saw someone on campus running with a gun at a distance, you saw them being chased by police and decided to shoot your own gun. Let's say you're a good shot and you kill them, or hell, you're a terrible shot and you accidentally caught their left temple. Now, you have taken someone else's life in a split-second. Now, let's say the cops come up to you and reveal to you that the man you just shot was an undercover policeman. The cops were just running a training exercise to become more prepared for a situation like Virginia Tech. What now? You killed a cop, believing you were protecting yourself and others.


and yet an better scenerio would be having daffy duck fly out of my ass. I don't even know wtf you're talking about...

why the hell, if they cops were "on it", would anyone intervene? they wouldn't...don't be dumb.

QUOTE
I will never own a gun.

neato

QUOTE
Death is too easily dispensed in the form of bullets.

ninja2.gif

QUOTE
I might learn how to shoot one, just to be prepared for any instance where i would truly need one.

ahhh and here we have the jewel...

I can drive a forklift, have a license, etc. but if I needed to load an air conditioner in the back of a pickup today, how the hell will that training help me...if in fact I do not OWN said forklift.

are you just going to take the gunman's gun away and use it on him? ninja2.gif

QUOTE
But if I am face to face with someone who has a gun, then I will face death knowing that I could never threaten others with instant death like they have and that makes me a better human being than them.

shut the fuck up.

you will not face death with such bravado and lofty conviction...you will piss yourself and cry and sob and plead and you then you will get shot and then as you lay growing cold with feces running down your leg, you will wish you could live by any means. then you will die. I've yet to witness warriors "staring down death"...much less some college chick.

QUOTE
I don't like guns; they make killing as simple as playing video games. If you have a problem with someone own up to it and fight them fairly instead of trying to take them out with little bits of metal from afar. I think that guns are cowardly in a way; (sorry Zach) they are too rash.

a firefight feels almost exactly like a video game. later it doesn't...but at the time it does.

"if you have a problem with someone"??? are you retarded? serious question...because those 32 people killed by Cho didn't have a problem with him...the guy breaking into your home isn't doing so because you and he have bad blood between you...

also, in regards to mortal situations, there is no such thing as a fair fight. the only rule that matters is not get dead....by any means necessary.

you actually think that if someone comes up behind you at an ATM with a gun, that you are going...wait nevermind, I forgot, you're gonna stand there with the conviction that you are a better person than he...for the next 4 seconds...

QUOTE
In my opinion, most confrontations with guns involve at least one person who either: a. doesn't know what they're doing b. does know what they're doing and has ill temperament or c. misinterpretted the severity of the situation.

In my opinion, people who make asinine posts like this one generally has no frickin clue and is talking out their TOTALLY speculative, lollipop ass...

QUOTE
edit: I do believe that the only thing that guns are appropriate for is hunting animals, but there are different ways to hunt as well.

lastly...have you ever hunted? have you ever fired a compound hunting bow with a 65lb pull? have you ever tried to stalk an animal close enough to hit it with that bow?

it's a challenge. I've never gotten a kill with a bow. and the slow, bleeding death of an arrow is arguably much more cruel to the animal than a 300 winmag to the bread basket.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Apr 26 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #41


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



I don't think gun control is the issue here.

Let's say everyone on campus had a gun that day.

He wouldn't have attacked people with guns, he would have resorted to poison gas, bombings, whatever.

Making the playing field level so to speak would just up the ante to potential offenders if you see what I mean...

So quite honestly, it's not so much an issue about gun control as it is an issue for identifying psychos before they strike.

With that said, in this particular instance, perhaps another person with a gun could have adverted a travesty, but what is the other person with a gun gonna do against home-brewed nerve gas or arson or whatevever else could have been done?


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #42


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



This is my whole take on guns: They are a necessity in our society. I dont think that they should be outlawed. Sometimes I dont see a point to owning so damn many of them, but Im not a boy (haha the only girl I know thats a huge gun collector is a huge dyke...no offense).

The way that I see it is I DONT WANT ONE. Why? Because I know that I dont ever want to kill someone.... I dont want that kind of power in my hands. Guns bring that power...so do other things like cars. I guess thats why I have to be as safe of a driver as possible. Gun owners can be safe too. I dont have confidence that that is something I could be safe with so I dont own one. I am confident, however, that I can be a safe driver.

Its kinda eery having confidence in other people who carry guns...just like its kinda scary to have confidence in other drivers. Most people suck ass at driving. A lot of you guys have confidence with guns because its something you grew up around or, in Cupcake's case, had to use in the military. I grew up seeing cars used so they dont frighten me as much. I havent seen much of guns so they are very unfamiliar to me. I have thought about buying a gun for my home, but still that is kinda weird to me.

I guess I would rather be less safe myself than run the risk of screwing up and killing an innocent person.... because I dont have confidence in myself.

Rambled thoughts. Sorry. Im at work
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #43





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



speaking of trusting people with guns...

do you guys get nervous when you see a cop with a gun?

I ask because they do not train very much. Most departments require them to qualify twice a year. That's it as far as range time goes. Sure the cop can shoot in his off time, but they don't have to.

most people who carry like to go to the range often...I go twice a week when my schedule allows.

but something about the badge and uniform make you feel comfortable with them carrying. like fight club...the illusion of safety.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Apr 26 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #44


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 11:30 AM) *
speaking of trusting people with guns...

do you guys get nervous when you see a cop with a gun?

I ask because they do not train very much. Most departments require them to qualify twice a year. That's it as far as range time goes. Sure the cop can shoot in his off time, but they don't have to.

most people who carry like to go to the range often...I go twice a week when my schedule allows.

but something about the badge and uniform make you feel comfortable with them carrying. like fight club...the illusion of safety.


It could be just me but most of the cops I know are avid shooters ... usually at the range several times a month ...


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #45


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 12:30 PM) *
speaking of trusting people with guns...

do you guys get nervous when you see a cop with a gun?

I ask because they do not train very much. Most departments require them to qualify twice a year. That's it as far as range time goes. Sure the cop can shoot in his off time, but they don't have to.

most people who carry like to go to the range often...I go twice a week when my schedule allows.

but something about the badge and uniform make you feel comfortable with them carrying. like fight club...the illusion of safety.


I dont trust anyone with a gun...unless they are a good friend and they were over in Iraq or Afghanistan. Then maybe
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #46


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



Going to a job interview now, but when I come back I will respond to Cupcake.

A few points though: quit being a know-it-all "I'm ex-military therefore I'm already better than you" kinda guy. That shit gets old real fast.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #47


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



Oddly enough, and not to sound like a kiss ass, but out of everyone on here that still posts, Dogmeat and Cupcake's opinions I respect the most. I guess its the way they word stuff.... Aaron (dogmeat) has good insight into the oil thing cuz he grew up around it and Cupcake (i think his name is John?) has good insight into military and guns and shit because he has had to live that kind of life. What the fuck do we know about this kind of stuff?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #48





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



it gets old...

so does ignorant ranting by the uninitiated.

fine...enjoy your speculative thread.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #49





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



real quick...griseyeux and zack aren't dating are they?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #50


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



no they arent.

totally random, but adds to my point that cars are deadly too
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/26/indiana.tollroad/index.html
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #51





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



damn that's terrible...like some final destination shit...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #52


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 26 2007, 01:45 PM) *
no they arent.

totally random, but adds to my point that cars are deadly too
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/26/indiana.tollroad/index.html

Yes, we are.

And it's "Zach"

Wish I could get started with this interview...


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Billy
post Apr 26 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #53


N 0 t h i n g


Group: Members
Posts: 1,449
Joined: 23-February 06
Member No.: 54



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 26 2007, 01:33 PM) *
Oddly enough, and not to sound like a kiss ass, but out of everyone on here that still posts, Dogmeat and Cupcake's opinions I respect the most. I guess its the way they word stuff.... Aaron (dogmeat) has good insight into the oil thing cuz he grew up around it and Cupcake (i think his name is John?) has good insight into military and guns and shit because he has had to live that kind of life. What the fuck do we know about this kind of stuff?


I don't think it's necessarily true that Aaron knows more about oil. But it is true he benefits from high oil prices and thus has a personal agenda to defend it when prices go up.


--------------------


QUOTE (jonathan83 @ Nov 16 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #54


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 26 2007, 02:03 PM) *
Yes, we are.

And it's "Zach"

Wish I could get started with this interview...


are you two really or are you just kidding? I always thought she liked Dogmeat for some reason



QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Apr 26 2007, 03:13 PM) *
I don't think it's necessarily true that Aaron knows more about oil. But it is true he benefits from high oil prices and thus has a personal agenda to defend it when prices go up.


I disagree completely
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #55


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 10:44 AM) *
in response to walking around on "alert" all the time...well you may not. But that is because you've never had to. There are ways to be alert yet not necessarily on pins and needles. I find that I am much more thoughtful and relaxed when carrying, than when I am not...because when I am not I'm less confident about my ability to fulfill my duties as a protector.

I googled colonel jeff cooper's color code just for giggles, you might check it out below...I live in yellow...you may think that "totally fucked every-which-way you slice it", but I call it rad. I think walking around like a dillitante frolicking through the daisies is fucked. that kind of innocence is the luxury you provide for children...it is your duty as a grown man or woman to protect yourself, your loved ones, your property, and your neighbor...

it is NOT the govts duty...if you live that way, your chances of being victimized increase with multiplicity...

to zack...you want to register guns and ammo based on this idiot? so what next you have to register to speak freely? it's a right under the constitution...driving a fuckin car isn't...

that is some pinko shit man. yeah, let's give the crooked ass govt all the info about what we have so they know exactly where to come and what to get when they finally get 1984 on us...not thanks...

to the girl who said guns are cowardly...man your whole post is indicative of someone who's obviously never (thankfully) been in a mortal situation. some of y'all need to quit watching so much tv...reality check, no one is a fuckin ninja that can take down an armed man intent on harm with their bare hands and feet or a knife or some bullshit jackie chan pillowcase trick. you try that shit you get dead fast.

there's a lot of ignorant (in the dictionary sense) jibber jabber here about mortal combat...

_______________________

Combat Mindset - The Cooper Color Code
The most important means of surviving a lethal confrontation is, according to Cooper, neither the weapon nor the martial skills. The primary tool is the combat mindset, set forth in Principles of Personal Defense.

In the chapter on awareness, Cooper presents an adaptation of the Marine Corps system to differentiate states of readiness:

White - Unaware and unprepared. If attacked in Condition White, the only thing that may save you is the inadequacy or ineptitude of your attacker. When confronted by something nasty, your reaction will probably be "Oh my God! This can't be happening to me."

Yellow - Relaxed alert. No specific threat situation. Your mindset is that "today could be the day I may have to defend myself." You are simply aware that the world is an unfriendly place and that you are prepared to do something, if necessary. You use your eyes and ears, and realize that "I may have to SHOOT today." You don't have to be armed in this state but if you are armed you should be in Condition Yellow. You should always be in Yellow whenever you are in unfamiliar surroundings or among people you don't know. You can remain in Yellow for long periods, as long as you are able to "Watch your six". In Yellow, you are "taking in" surrounding information in a relaxed but alert manner, like a continuous 360 degree radar sweep.

Orange - Specific alert. Something is not quite right and has gotten your attention. Your radar has picked up a specific alert. You shift your primary focus to determine if there is a threat (but you do not drop your six). Your mindset shifts to "I may have to shoot HIM today." In Condition Orange, you set a mental trigger: "If that goblin does "x", I will need to stop him." Your pistol usually remains holstered in this state. Staying in Orange can be a bit of a mental strain, but you can stay in it for as long as you need to. If the threat proves to be nothing, you shift back to Condition Yellow.

Red - Condition Red is fight. Your mental trigger has been "tripped" (established back in Condition Orange).
You take appropriate action.

The U.S.M.C. also uses "Condition Black" as actively engaged in combat, as do some of his successors, but Cooper always felt this is an unnecessary step and not in keeping with the mindset definitions.

Also note that the Color Code was never meant to be a warning system. Rather, the Color Code was designed to be a mental crutch. It was designed to allow someone to "get over" the resistance that a normal person has in pointing a pistol at the center of someone's chest and pulling the trigger.

In short, the Color Code helps you "think" in a fight. As the level of danger increases, your resistance to shoot decreases. If you ever do go to Condition Red, the decision to use lethal force has already been made (your "mental trigger" has been tripped).


Hmmmm, I like that color-coded thing. Based off of that, I do walk around in "yellow" more than I would have realized, but I do have plenty of "white" time (omg insert cheesy racist joke here! j/k)

I don't feel the licensing thing is on the "pinkop commie" level. As anyone knows me can testify, I most certainly DO NOT support communist philosophy/doctrine.
I just feel that something more needs to be done to prevent such tragedies, and I personally feel allowing guns in schools, federal buildings, etc. is just not the answer. You essentially are asking for something bordering an anarchic view (lawless) with regard to firearms, at least it does if you consider mine to be "pinko commie."

This is simply one of those "mega issues" that seems to make anyone and everyone very divided. I will not change your view, you will not change mine. I'm done posting in this thread, although I did highly enjoy this...reminded me of the NPR days of old.

And sorry if I insulted you and your service Cupcake (Jon, right?). I do feel that any of your insults, such as "shut the fuck up," went beyond the necessary dialogue, but hey: that's the nature of the internet.

Peace.

QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 26 2007, 03:19 PM) *
are you two really or are you just kidding? I always thought she liked Dogmeat for some reason


I disagree completely

We have been dating since January.

If she's had/has a crush on Dogmeat then that's news to me. Obviously doesn't matter now though.

This post has been edited by Psykopath: Apr 26 2007, 02:28 PM


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #56


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Apr 26 2007, 03:13 PM) *
I don't think it's necessarily true that Aaron knows more about oil. But it is true he benefits from high oil prices and thus has a personal agenda to defend it when prices go up.



Probably a little from column A, little from column B.

DOGMEAT NEEDS TO COME BACK TO LUBBOCK!


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #57


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (Psykopath @ Apr 26 2007, 03:25 PM) *
We have been dating since January.


Oh well congrats. I feel like an ass. I totally had no idea ya'll were together. Weird. Not that I keep up on the Techsans gossip much, but I still post a lot.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 26 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #58


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 12:30 PM) *
speaking of trusting people with guns...

do you guys get nervous when you see a cop with a gun?

I ask because they do not train very much. Most departments require them to qualify twice a year. That's it as far as range time goes. Sure the cop can shoot in his off time, but they don't have to.

most people who carry like to go to the range often...I go twice a week when my schedule allows.

but something about the badge and uniform make you feel comfortable with them carrying. like fight club...the illusion of safety.



in lubbock they have mandatory qualifications every 2 months, and they provide a $100 a month budget to spend on ammunition (with a reciept that you went to a gun lane)


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 26 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #59


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



and yes, it's no surprise, but i completely agree with cupcake's rant, every part. but that's because it's true. you would never stand up to someone threatening to rape you and say "kill me first you savage! i'm better than you!" you would bend over and cry yourself into a stupor of terror as some guy filled you full of his cream sauce. i've always hated it when people wanted to pretend to be valiant. it doesn't work that way except in the stories.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #60





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE
And sorry if I insulted you and your service Cupcake (Jon, right?). I do feel that any of your insults, such as "shut the fuck up," went beyond the necessary dialogue, but hey: that's the nature of the internet.


yes, jon (cupcake is because I'm so sweet and soft and perky wub.gif )

well the one thing that cannot be conveyed in this kind of communication is inflection and tone. plus you're more sensitive towards insults to her because she is your GF and you're naturally protective of her.

I don't know how I can illustrate this...but the stfu and the reason I spelled it out (as opposed to using the acronym), is because it was meant to be the head rolled back, smiling, long-winded, deep breath shhhhhhhuuuuuuuttttt the ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup that you do half jokingly...

whatever, fuck it.

I agree that this whole thing (the guns thing period) is so divisive and personal. I mean you have people who hate guns who want to see them abolished, you have people who personally don't want a gun or to be around them, you have those gun nuts who weird even me the fuck out, you have responsible owners who want more restrictions (like zach), you have the constitutional cowboys like me and forsaken, etc...

hell one of my dearest friends is an anti hunting and totally anti handgun pacifist. she and I just don't converse about those and stick to music...we both respect each other so much it's not worth talking about. I mean she may make quips like "you killed bambi!" and I'll retort with a "go hug a tree" or something, but nothing like on here.

that's why I like this place as a whole. people don't sideskirt shit for the sake of pleasantries...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Psykopath
post Apr 26 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #61


Why so serious?


Group: Global Moderators
Posts: 5,286
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Fate, TX
Member No.: 4



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 03:57 PM) *
yes, jon (cupcake is because I'm so sweet and soft and perky wub.gif )

well the one thing that cannot be conveyed in this kind of communication is inflection and tone. plus you're more sensitive towards insults to her because she is your GF and you're naturally protective of her.

I don't know how I can illustrate this...but the stfu and the reason I spelled it out (as opposed to using the acronym), is because it was meant to be the head rolled back, smiling, long-winded, deep breath shhhhhhhuuuuuuuttttt the ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup that you do half jokingly...

whatever, fuck it.

I agree that this whole thing (the guns thing period) is so divisive and personal. I mean you have people who hate guns who want to see them abolished, you have people who personally don't want a gun or to be around them, you have those gun nuts who weird even me the fuck out, you have responsible owners who want more restrictions (like zach), you have the constitutional cowboys like me and forsaken, etc...

hell one of my dearest friends is an anti hunting and totally anti handgun pacifist. she and I just don't converse about those and stick to music...we both respect each other so much it's not worth talking about. I mean she may make quips like "you killed bambi!" and I'll retort with a "go hug a tree" or something, but nothing like on here.

that's why I like this place as a whole. people don't sideskirt shit for the sake of pleasantries...


If you ever head to Lubbock, you need to hang out with me and Forsaken (Brandon). Hit the range and then grab a beer. cool.gif


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 26 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #62


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



sidenote::



bow hunting is a bitch, but i find it's easier than using a rifle.. (for some reason the deer don't hear the arrow coming as easily as a rifle shot)

but yea, stalking with a bow versus being ninja in a tree for 3 hours is way different.... in that tree, just hope you don't have gas. 1 fart will keep all your prey away.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #63





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



I'm in lubbock quite frequently (was there easter weekend)...it's often a whirlwind trip, but next time I'm there for a bit, you bet.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 26 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #64


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



QUOTE (Jessica @ Apr 26 2007, 12:21 PM) *
This is my whole take on guns: They are a necessity in our society. I dont think that they should be outlawed. Sometimes I dont see a point to owning so damn many of them, but Im not a boy (haha the only girl I know thats a huge gun collector is a huge dyke...no offense).

The way that I see it is I DONT WANT ONE. Why? Because I know that I dont ever want to kill someone.... I dont want that kind of power in my hands. Guns bring that power...so do other things like cars. I guess thats why I have to be as safe of a driver as possible. Gun owners can be safe too. I dont have confidence that that is something I could be safe with so I dont own one. I am confident, however, that I can be a safe driver.

Its kinda eery having confidence in other people who carry guns...just like its kinda scary to have confidence in other drivers. Most people suck ass at driving. A lot of you guys have confidence with guns because its something you grew up around or, in Cupcake's case, had to use in the military. I grew up seeing cars used so they dont frighten me as much. I havent seen much of guns so they are very unfamiliar to me. I have thought about buying a gun for my home, but still that is kinda weird to me.

I guess I would rather be less safe myself than run the risk of screwing up and killing an innocent person.... because I dont have confidence in myself.

Rambled thoughts. Sorry. Im at work


Oh hell no! I've seen you drive! Many words crossed my mind. Safe was not one of them laugh.gif


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 26 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #65


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 12:30 PM) *
speaking of trusting people with guns...

do you guys get nervous when you see a cop with a gun?

I ask because they do not train very much. Most departments require them to qualify twice a year. That's it as far as range time goes. Sure the cop can shoot in his off time, but they don't have to.

most people who carry like to go to the range often...I go twice a week when my schedule allows.

but something about the badge and uniform make you feel comfortable with them carrying. like fight club...the illusion of safety.


Good point. Definitely more of an illusion I guess given the state only requires two qualifies a year and I think you can go again if you don't qualify.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 26 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #66


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



QUOTE (James @ Apr 26 2007, 04:18 PM) *
Oh hell no! I've seen you drive! Many words crossed my mind. Safe was not one of them laugh.gif


stfu, James. I have never been in an accident. Plus, Im not 18 anymore like when you knew me, asshat. tongue.gif



Im a good driver, dammit. Its not my fault that everyone drives like they have nowhere to go.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
griseyeux
post Apr 26 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #67





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,551
Joined: 19-April 06
From: Lubbock
Member No.: 162



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 10:49 AM) *
fuck it...I just can't help myself...this post is golden...
no shit. there are more than a few people who suck ass at driving. namely dallas chicks. should we refuse them their BMWs because they are dangerous with their cell phone latte driving? that would be a helluvalot much more plausible because "the right to drive" is not in the constitution last I checked...
and yet an better scenerio would be having daffy duck fly out of my ass. I don't even know wtf you're talking about...

why the hell, if they cops were "on it", would anyone intervene? they wouldn't...don't be dumb.
neato
ninja2.gif
ahhh and here we have the jewel...

I can drive a forklift, have a license, etc. but if I needed to load an air conditioner in the back of a pickup today, how the hell will that training help me...if in fact I do not OWN said forklift.

are you just going to take the gunman's gun away and use it on him? ninja2.gif
shut the fuck up.

you will not face death with such bravado and lofty conviction...you will piss yourself and cry and sob and plead and you then you will get shot and then as you lay growing cold with feces running down your leg, you will wish you could live by any means. then you will die. I've yet to witness warriors "staring down death"...much less some college chick.
a firefight feels almost exactly like a video game. later it doesn't...but at the time it does.

"if you have a problem with someone"??? are you retarded? serious question...because those 32 people killed by Cho didn't have a problem with him...the guy breaking into your home isn't doing so because you and he have bad blood between you...

also, in regards to mortal situations, there is no such thing as a fair fight. the only rule that matters is not get dead....by any means necessary.

you actually think that if someone comes up behind you at an ATM with a gun, that you are going...wait nevermind, I forgot, you're gonna stand there with the conviction that you are a better person than he...for the next 4 seconds...
In my opinion, people who make asinine posts like this one generally has no frickin clue and is talking out their TOTALLY speculative, lollipop ass...
lastly...have you ever hunted? have you ever fired a compound hunting bow with a 65lb pull? have you ever tried to stalk an animal close enough to hit it with that bow?

it's a challenge. I've never gotten a kill with a bow. and the slow, bleeding death of an arrow is arguably much more cruel to the animal than a 300 winmag to the bread basket.



ok, so apparently you are easy to offend. Newsflash-some people are not afraid of death. I have no fear of my own mortality in any way. You can say that I'll cry and piss my pants but you won't really know until you put a gun to my forehead and stare at my expressionless face. Ok, so "if you have a problem with someone" is bad phrasing, let me rephrase: anyone who threatens you should have the fucking cajones to throw up their fists instead of hiding behind a gun. If someone breaks into my house with a gun and genuinely wants to kill me then I'm going to die--enough said.
to your supposition that no one would take matters into their own hands if the cops were already on it-you're wrong, there are people dumb enough intervene-I've seen it.

about 20 of my family members hunt/know how to fire a weapon-yes I have been hunting, but I did not shoot, I merely observed.

and fyi: I may be some dumb college chick, but I have actually been in a situation where someone (whom i did not know well) put a gun to my forehead, but he didn't really want to kill me-hence I am still alive. I'm sorry we disagree on this matter, but mostly I'm sorry that you decided to play the asshole and attack me personally for expressing my opinion. I'm so sorry I have an opinion, I guess I'd better head back to the kitchen and make you a sandwich before you backhand me, huh?

I don't know why you're trying to prove to me that hunting with guns is ok when i admitted that that is the only situation where I feel guns genuinely are appropriate, please go argue with someone who actually disagrees with you on that point. I can also agree that in a war scenario guns are necessary because you really don't stand a chance without one.
as far as the pissing and shitting myself goes-yeah I probably will, once I'm dead.


--------------------
Je suis toute du merde.
....bitches!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #68





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



The Badness
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
griseyeux
post Apr 26 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #69





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,551
Joined: 19-April 06
From: Lubbock
Member No.: 162



??????? i am confused. sad.gif


--------------------
Je suis toute du merde.
....bitches!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Apr 26 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #70



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



i feel a strong breeze.

let me pee into it.

surely no harm could come of it.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 26 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #71





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



nothing...it's just you're the badness...not fearing death and all.

I've been made well aware of my morality and realized I fear death, and do what I can to avoid it.

life is rad. I like the way it tastes.

the irony is I'll probably die in some pissant way...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Divergent Realit...
post Apr 26 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #72



Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lu-bok
Member No.: 41



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 08:34 PM) *
nothing...it's just you're the badness...not fearing death and all.
I've been made well aware of my morality and realized I fear death, and do what I can to avoid it.
life is rad. I like the way it tastes.
the irony is I'll probably die in some pissant way...


tee hee. one of the professors on tech knows his mortality. he openly states that he will die in a bed gasping for air after the decades of smoking do him in.

its entertaining to hear people say such things. thats his plan anyway. he makes no mention of what happens when the unexpected occurs.


--------------------
32-bit whore


Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 26 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #73


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 08:34 PM) *
nothing...it's just you're the badness...not fearing death and all.

I've been made well aware of my morality and realized I fear death, and do what I can to avoid it.

life is rad. I like the way it tastes.

the irony is I'll probably die in some pissant way...




my money on you is wrist-shived by a potato peeler


or running over yourself with a tractor (had a friend actually die this way)


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 26 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #74


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



QUOTE (FORSAKENR320 @ Apr 26 2007, 11:29 PM) *
my money on you is wrist-shived by a potato peeler
or running over yourself with a tractor (had a friend actually die this way)


Kind of hate to ask this, but did your friend receive a Darwin Award for that one?

It's bad enough to get ran over by a piece of heavy machinery, but to get ran over by the machinery that you were operating? WTF. unsure.gif


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
GOB
post Apr 26 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #75


monogamous gays & stem cells


Group: Members
Posts: 3,789
Joined: 22-February 06
Member No.: 8



i don't think it's all that uncommon when dealing with old timey equipment
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post Apr 27 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #76


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (James @ Apr 27 2007, 12:19 AM) *
Kind of hate to ask this, but did your friend receive a Darwin Award for that one?

It's bad enough to get ran over by a piece of heavy machinery, but to get ran over by the machinery that you were operating? WTF. unsure.gif




it was an old one, he was in the middle of a field by himself, was fiddling with the engine to get it to start, the thing kicked into drive, and crushed him.


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dogmeat
post Apr 27 2007, 06:20 AM
Post #77


DEATH TO ....something?


Group: Members
Posts: 5,618
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Parker, CO
Member No.: 55



QUOTE (Renegadepeon @ Apr 26 2007, 02:13 PM) *
I don't think it's necessarily true that Aaron knows more about oil. But it is true he benefits from high oil prices and thus has a personal agenda to defend it when prices go up.


I'm not even gonna bother with this one anymore ....


--------------------
I r Ur Gawd!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Apr 27 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #78





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



anyone can say they'll be all gung ho and try to stop a gunman, but it's just a dream. until you are faced with that situation you have no idea. i've had always thought since I was a little kid that I'd try to run away or run at the gunman and tackle him or somethin.

I thought that, until I was about 10 years old and had two guys come in and rob the putt putt tournament (yes tournament) we were in. there was about 15 people there, and the two men walked up, one pulled a revolver the other pulled an uzi, and the first one was right in front of me when he pulled it, and pointed it right at me. I ran about 10 ft under the nearest table. until this happens to you, you cannot possibly predict or act like you will be some hero in a situation like this. everyone got on the ground, several of the adults covered the younger kids up, and they were extremely upset at the owner because he didn't have all that much money (we thought at the time for sure that they were going to kill him). eventually some guy we play with drove up late, and thought they'd shot us all already, he pulled around, and got behind his car and took a couple of pot shots at them with his .22 rifle, and the guys ran off (caught like an hour later by the police).

so yeah, unless you have some good cover and a gun of your own to shoot back at them with, you're not running up to some criminal to disarm him or bop him in the head with a 2x4 or karate kick him. you're huddled up in the corner hoping you make it out of the situaion alive. and you do every damn thing the person asks you to do, short of getting into a vehicle with them.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
woody
post Apr 27 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #79





Group: Moderators
Posts: 2,499
Joined: 23-February 06
From: El Paso Texas
Member No.: 32



QUOTE (impala454 @ Apr 27 2007, 07:46 AM) *
anyone can say they'll be all gung ho and try to stop a gunman, but it's just a dream. until you are faced with that situation you have no idea. i've had always thought since I was a little kid that I'd try to run away or run at the gunman and tackle him or somethin.

I thought that, until I was about 10 years old and had two guys come in and rob the putt putt tournament (yes tournament) we were in. there was about 15 people there, and the two men walked up, one pulled a revolver the other pulled an uzi, and the first one was right in front of me when he pulled it, and pointed it right at me. I ran about 10 ft under the nearest table. until this happens to you, you cannot possibly predict or act like you will be some hero in a situation like this. everyone got on the ground, several of the adults covered the younger kids up, and they were extremely upset at the owner because he didn't have all that much money (we thought at the time for sure that they were going to kill him). eventually some guy we play with drove up late, and thought they'd shot us all already, he pulled around, and got behind his car and took a couple of pot shots at them with his .22 rifle, and the guys ran off (caught like an hour later by the police).

so yeah, unless you have some good cover and a gun of your own to shoot back at them with, you're not running up to some criminal to disarm him or bop him in the head with a 2x4 or karate kick him. you're huddled up in the corner hoping you make it out of the situaion alive. and you do every damn thing the person asks you to do, short of getting into a vehicle with them.


word


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 27 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #80





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE (James @ Apr 27 2007, 12:19 AM) *
Kind of hate to ask this, but did your friend receive a Darwin Award for that one?

It's bad enough to get ran over by a piece of heavy machinery, but to get ran over by the machinery that you were operating? WTF. unsure.gif


when I was 17 my cousin and I were loading shit with a forklift and he made too sharp a turn with the skids high and it tipped over and crushed him flat. like a flyswater...shit happens when working those big machines.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 27 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #81





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE
until you are faced with that situation you have no idea.


wrong.

griseyeux said she had a gun to her head and she stone-cold stared that motherfucker down yo...

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Apr 27 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #82





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



well i stared at the gunman too... the question is, did she get all heroic and slap the gun outta his hands? (forgive me if you're just bein sarcastic, I haven't followed the thread very well)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 27 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #83





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



in her own words...

QUOTE
some people are not afraid of death. I have no fear of my own mortality in any way. You can say that I'll cry and piss my pants but you won't really know until you put a gun to my forehead and stare at my expressionless face.

I have actually been in a situation where someone (whom i did not know well) put a gun to my forehead


you put a gun to my forehead and you'll see a groveling lil bitch!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
impala454
post Apr 27 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #84





Group: Members
Posts: 10,620
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Houston, TX
Member No.: 48



haha "did not know well"

try when a black dude in who looks like he's on PCP pulls out an UZI pointed right at you 4 feet away and starts screamin.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 27 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #85


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



ok. so she isnt afraid of a gun...but what about a chainsaw or something. I think i would die of a heart attack before the chainsaw touched me
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 27 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #86





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



she isn't afraid of dying. period.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
griseyeux
post Apr 27 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #87





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,551
Joined: 19-April 06
From: Lubbock
Member No.: 162



I'm a very odd person; *shrug*

I used to be afraid of heights so I started climbing onto my roof and jumping down. I still get a bit nervous when I'm on the drop-ride at six flags, but I don't freak out-I laugh.


--------------------
Je suis toute du merde.
....bitches!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Testm0nkey
post Apr 27 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #88


CHEE CHEE


Group: Members
Posts: 5,026
Joined: 23-February 06
From: trapped in the hoezone layer
Member No.: 39



everyone has an innate fear of their own mortality but this fear comes out differently. it can even come out in what your political views are in times like we are living in now.
lets not lie to ourselves about it.


--------------------
Little monkeys making money
Naked monkey looking funny
Mighty males are strong and free
Female monkey, not so lucky
Rocking monkeys, funky monkeys
Monkeys sticking other monkeys
Monkeys wrong or monkeys right
Mostly flexing monkey might
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
griseyeux
post Apr 27 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #89





Group: Moderators
Posts: 1,551
Joined: 19-April 06
From: Lubbock
Member No.: 162



just thought this was relevant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070427/ap_on_re_us/campus_guns


--------------------
Je suis toute du merde.
....bitches!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
chook
post Apr 27 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #90


Oh baby bring me down
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 4,115
Joined: 23-February 06
From: Way out yonder
Member No.: 68



Only time i've had a slug pulled on me i froze and did absolutly nothing.


--------------------
Southern Rock, beer and bears!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mommy
post Apr 27 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #91


New son Donovan Charles Mummert born July 17, 2008


Group: Members
Posts: 8,635
Joined: 22-February 06
From: Port Wentworth, GA
Member No.: 15



when i was little, i almost drown. i just froze. I couldnt move. I was so scared that i didnt even try to save myself. I was like 5 years old though. I think people fool themselves into thinking they arent afraid of death
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
James
post Apr 28 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #92


Fool


Group: Members
Posts: 2,127
Joined: 23-February 06
From: LBB
Member No.: 56



Some people fear death for different reasons and might use that as their reasoning for saying "I don't fear death." For instance, I fear dying because of the impact it would have on my family. If my family wasn't there, then death is just a part of life and if He decides it is my time to go, who am I to argue? Mind you, it wouldn't be my place to argue with family there either, but I guess that's not the point.

I'm not foolish enough to chase death though. There's also a difference between being unafraid and welcoming death.

But hey, what do I know. I'm only a 24-yr old, spoiled, male that hasn't been outside of the Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas/New Mexico region.


--------------------
Spam? Isn't that something poor people eat?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
cupcake
post Apr 30 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #93





Group: Members
Posts: 1,795
Joined: 29-September 06
Member No.: 327



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 26 2007, 12:30 PM) *
speaking of trusting people with guns...

do you guys get nervous when you see a cop with a gun?

I ask because they do not train very much. Most departments require them to qualify twice a year. That's it as far as range time goes. Sure the cop can shoot in his off time, but they don't have to.

most people who carry like to go to the range often...I go twice a week when my schedule allows.

but something about the badge and uniform make you feel comfortable with them carrying. like fight club...the illusion of safety.


from a cop on amilitary forum...I thought of this post when I read it...

QUOTE
We did our spring qualifications on Thursday. I shot well, but I'm still trying to get used to my Sig 229. bought it in October and I really need to break it in.

It never ceases to amaze me that some of our people have such a hard time shooting. you'd think some of them never take their Pistol out of the holster except for Range day.they then bitch that the State only sends us to the Range twice a year, we don't get issued enough ammo, and on and on to justify their poor performance.

I'm thinking to myself, Shut The Fuck Up! quit playing golf on your days off and go to the range on your own.


just to let you know I didn't pull the "cops can't shoot" shit out of my ass...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
FORSAKENR320
post May 1 2007, 04:51 AM
Post #94


GORILLA FLUFFER
Group Icon

Group: Agents
Posts: 7,711
Joined: 23-February 06
From: lubbock
Member No.: 50



QUOTE (cupcake @ Apr 30 2007, 12:49 PM) *
from a cop on amilitary forum...I thought of this post when I read it...
just to let you know I didn't pull the "cops can't shoot" shit out of my ass...



i agree and disagree

cops can't shoot - true
texas cops tend to be the exception



go to california and try to watch those idiots hit the broad side of anything


--------------------
QUOTE (Jessica @ May 7 2007, 01:15 PM) *
but yeehaw dammit. YEEHAW
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Jun 26 2008, 07:51 PM) *
ok once upon a time I jacked myself off retarded.


Licking anuses, one kindergarten class at a time!!
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th October 2026 - 11:00 PM
Skin made by: skeedio.com